College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

I'm really tired of people complaining about uniforms. Companies try new things and they get bashed. If you want all teams to wear plain blank jerseys and have no creativity at all then get in your delorean and hit 88.

It's 2011 uniforms are going to change and advance with new ideas and you're going to have to get used to it. Things like these South Carolina uniforms are one game things, if you don't like them then don't watch the ONE game they're used for.

I'm with you 100% all the way....except these. i don't get how if its wounded warrior, shouldn't it be Camo? not all that stuff. no problem with the idea, just confused by the execution

I don't know the reasoning behind the pattern but I remember last year wasn't it Texas Tech and Utah had camo in their wounded warrior uniforms and everyone bitched and complained the whole weekend about how ugly they were and what a eyesore.. After that weekend nobody gave a s**t, the same with this. But like I said I don't know the background behind the pattern for these unis, but I don't mind them, I think they're a good uniform for a one time thing, however I would've ditched the cleats. A nice black and maroon cleat wouldve worked better. I wouldn't change anything else though.

-spleen Im sure USC cares a lot if you have a problem with how stupid they look. After the weekend they use them, you and everyone else won't care about them and theyll fall on the wayside. Another thing about these "Wounded Warrior" uniforms, aren't they designed with help of armed servicemen? If the WW like them and the companies like them then who care? USC is adopting them all the time.

As for those Black Ohio uniforms, I wouldn't mind them if they didn't have the white helmet. However they do look a like the old UH uniforms, but theyre not using them anymore so it doesn't bother me. The only thing I don't like is the white helmet with the black uniforms.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really tired of people complaining about uniforms. Companies try new things and they get bashed. If you want all teams to wear plain blank jerseys and have no creativity at all then get in your delorean and hit 88.

It's 2011 uniforms are going to change and advance with new ideas and you're going to have to get used to it. Things like these South Carolina uniforms are one game things, if you don't like them then don't watch the ONE game they're used for.

I'm with you 100% all the way....except these. i don't get how if its wounded warrior, shouldn't it be Camo? not all that stuff. no problem with the idea, just confused by the execution

I don't know the reasoning behind the pattern but I remember last year wasn't it Texas Tech and Utah had camo in their wounded warrior uniforms and everyone bitched and complained the whole weekend about how ugly they were and what a eyesore.. After that weekend nobody gave a s**t, the same with this.

-spleen Im sure USC cares a lot if you have a problem with how ugly they are. After the weekend they use them, you and everyone else won't care about them and theyll fall on the wayside.

USC doesn't give a :censored: about my opinion. The fact is, these are good for the schools and will probably make them money. From a financial standpoint, this is a good idea. From an aesthetic standpoint, it isn't. First of all, the pattern seems completely random. Second of all, WTF is up with the tramp stamps and butt stripes?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I have been able to at least in some very small way understand all the black jerseys previously debuted. But Ohio and Nebraska, two teams that feature the increasingly rare two-color scheme? I just don't get it at all.

edit: Yes, it is a clear photoshop. Even so, why? Perhaps my point is dulled a little bit by the fictionalized Nebraska jersey but I just don't understand.

That is so obviously photoshopped.

Despite their nickname being "Blackshirts," I don't think that Nebraska will ever take to the football field in black.

Lol. All of the Adidas adds are

Maybe I should've said "photoshopped by an amateur." Either way, the quality of the photo doesn't look legit in any way.

We don't have a problem with manufacturers trying new things, but let's be honest and say that these "new" things are just plain ugly and it doesn't take an experience eye to see that. That South Carolina crap, is just plain ugly. Doesn't anyone have the actual courage to tell the company or the designer that it is just friggin' ugly and should not see the light of day. When I sit there and design professionally people will comment on the ugliness of things, and those are the ideas that get thrown out. There's new and then there are things such as this, Georgia's Pro Combat, Maryland's flag uniforms, that shouldn't see the light of day. The funny thing is that those St. Louis Blues jerseys that Mike Keenan would not allow to be worn are extremely conservative and great looking compared to the crap that we are now seeing on the field from Nike, Under Armour, and Russell. The Blues jerseys were different, but still looked good, the crap that's seeing the playing field today, looks like a blind 3rd grader designed them.

Acc. to @RandyEdsall, the Terps are going w/ the black helmet/yellow jersey/black pants combo this Saturday vs. Temple.

403842883.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1316659660&Signature=b%2BR%2BviZYgePU7bCiIEzoz4SwNvY%3D

That actaully looks pretty good. I cannot stress enough how far a yellow script "Terps" on the helmet would go into making this great.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Acc. to @RandyEdsall, the Terps are going w/ the black helmet/yellow jersey/black pants combo this Saturday vs. Temple.

403842883.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1316659660&Signature=b%2BR%2BviZYgePU7bCiIEzoz4SwNvY%3D

That actaully looks pretty good. I cannot stress enough how far a yellow script "Terps" on the helmet would go into making this great.

Or red... or anything, for that matter. The blank helmets did not look good against West Virginia and they probably won't look any better here.

What's sad is some people will believe that horrible photoshop of Nebraska and I bet we will see an article about it on a local news site, which will then be spread across all sorts of fan sites and stuff, there will be negative attention and a riot in front of Adidas headquarters, and eventually Bo Pelini will shoot down the rumor and life will go on.

We don't have a problem with manufacturers trying new things, but let's be honest and say that these "new" things are just plain ugly and it doesn't take an experience eye to see that. That South Carolina crap, is just plain ugly. Doesn't anyone have the actual courage to tell the company or the designer that it is just friggin' ugly and should not see the light of day. When I sit there and design professionally people will comment on the ugliness of things, and those are the ideas that get thrown out. There's new and then there are things such as this, Georgia's Pro Combat, Maryland's flag uniforms, that shouldn't see the light of day.

I don't think they're ugly, sure there are parts of uniforms I don't like. But I'm not going to tell designers what they do is ugly. If people didn't stretch the boundaries of design we all would have plain uniforms, plain pants, plain helmets and it would be boring for a hundred years.

By telling designers "don't do that, it's ugly" it stops creativity and it stops people from trying new things.

I don't at all think the USC uniform is ugly, it's ONE game, who cares? The Maryland uniform? Yeah they took the flag a little too far, but if they did a couple tweaks it would've perfectly fine for ONE game. That's the problem we don't think about how short lived these uniforms that are "Sooooo ugly" are. We see a Pro Combat and all people do is bitch and moan then they play once and get thrown into a closet.. That's a lot of complaining for ONE game. Just get over it and move on.

spacer.png

Alright, so I did some digging around on some information about these South Carolina Wounded Warrior uniforms and this year's Wounded Warrior jerseys are suppose to commemorate 9/11.

Here's the press release:

Under Armour unveils this years Wounded Warrior Project uniforms

The design for South Carolina is actually stars and stripes, not just random lines. It's obviously hard to tell from the picture because it's small, but you can kind of see it here:

wounded-warrior-002-683x1024.jpg

The sleeves are suppose to have white stars, but I can't see them.

Now that I know the exact reason, I really have no problem with these.

EDIT

Here's some more looks, closer up:

7dMeH.St.168.jpg

12tcgh.St.168.jpg

The problem is, the stars are so unnoticeable, that it still looks like a bunch of random lines.

And i'm really sick of all this 9/11 crap. It's been 10 years, and we're still trying to capitalize on a tragedy by doing stupid commemorative stuff that's just there to make a profit. Enough is enough. National holiday? Yes. 9/11 merchandise every year? Ridicules.

Alright, so I did some digging around on some information about these South Carolina Wounded Warrior uniforms and this year's Wounded Warrior jerseys are suppose to commemorate 9/11.

Here's the press release:

Under Armour unveils this year?s Wounded Warrior Project uniforms

Is anyone else seeing like a "U S" underneath that number ??

The design for South Carolina is actually stars and stripes, not just random lines. It's obviously hard to tell from the picture because it's small, but you can kind of see it here:

wounded-warrior-002-683x1024.jpg

The sleeves are suppose to have white stars, but I can't see them.

Now that I know the exact reason, I really have no problem with these.

EDIT

Here's some more looks, closer up:

7dMeH.St.168.jpg

12tcgh.St.168.jpg

Archived