College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Here is Idaho's road uni's. Looks like they are using a similar template that Tulsa uses on the road. Its not as gaudy as Tulsa or when Navy used it for one of their pro combats but its still not a good look in my opinion.

Idaho-Aggie-Photographer-048.jpg

Wow, three noticeably different shades of gold on the helmet, jerseys, and pants on a terrible design template. Big miss here.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a few replicas at the Fanzz shop in Orem a few weeks back, and it's actually a tribal pattern (best way I can describe it) in very thin white lines and curves. Problem is, whereas the lines are so thin and the design is somewhat compacted (meaning there isn't much "red space" in between lines), it DOES look pink from a distance and the pattern isn't visible until it is close up. I think they need to make the pattern bigger or at least somehow more visible.

It's not tribal, it really is a topographic map...however, your point is otherwise solid ^_^

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I saw a few replicas at the Fanzz shop in Orem a few weeks back, and it's actually a tribal pattern (best way I can describe it) in very thin white lines and curves. Problem is, whereas the lines are so thin and the design is somewhat compacted (meaning there isn't much "red space" in between lines), it DOES look pink from a distance and the pattern isn't visible until it is close up. I think they need to make the pattern bigger or at least somehow more visible.

It's not tribal, it really is a topographic map...however, your point is otherwise solid ^_^

Oh my bad! It looked tribal to me, but now that you bring up a topographic map I can totally see it now. Thanks for the clarification!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I hate Adidas football. They stripped down a formerly great Troy Trojans look and my Southeastern Lions look like uniforms were designed in about 5 minutes tops. I'm on my phone but if anyone can find pics of Troy from this year and last year I'd appreciate it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I really like the Virginia Tech throwbacks, but the all white helmets look bad. When they wore them with the regular maroon helmets a while back they looked really good, or as good as their color combo can look.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just throwing this out there... the retro uniforms VT has been wearing for the past two years look awful. VT is a "modern" school in my eyes, throwbacks just don't work for them. There was nothing wrong with either of these uniform sets:

Alabama+v+Virginia+Tech+wHiGhOszqMBl.jpg

The throwback look looks great. Both uniforms that you posted are examples of all that is wrong with modern football uniforms. Over piped and over paneled designs that try to do way to much. Another uniform of theirs that I like is the Michael Vick era set.

Besides, I don't get how a football program that's been around since 1892 can be considered "modern."

First off, VT's "throwbacks" look great. As a hardcore "traditionalist" I can't believe I'm about to say this but...I actually like the jersey in the picture. It's not as good as their current set, but for a "modern" look, it's not bad at all.

I feel like this was a great example of how a modern look can be done properly. All it needed was sleeve numbers in the contrast-color panels.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WYQTGDJZYCSRGCA.20110918013259.jpg

App broke out the gold uniforms for the game on Saturday.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

App State is the one team that should wear that template. They have a history of success in it, and they have the colors to pull it off.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I liked the pro combat version of App State's gold better. That's probably just me though

ZNWENHTFUZLKIFW.20100904235434.jpg

I dig the hell out of that. Definitely beats a Miami template so old, the freaking Austin Wranglers were using it back in '05.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I liked the pro combat version of App State's gold better. That's probably just me though

ZNWENHTFUZLKIFW.20100904235434.jpg

I honestly hate the flyware. If one or two teams (like Wyoming) actually utilized it, it could be a cool pattern. But now, it just looks stupid. App State just doesn't look right in anything but the Miami template. It's become their identity.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I liked the yellow set that West Virginia wore against Marshall the week before last, with the white pants.

Appalachian State's are cool ... I'm just not a big fan of black pants

Sorry if this was already discussed ... this thread is never-ending .. too bad it's not a fresh thread each week like the NFL ones.

Oh and Idaho's and those shoulder yokes .... Yikes! barf.gif

West-Virginia-vs-Marshall.jpg

Another team's template has become App State's identity?

Considering they're not using it anymore, yes.

Archived