2011 NFL Uni combo thread

canzman

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the Texans Site they are wearing all white Link

The Bengals site states they will be wearing white in Cleveland Link

I read about Cleveland wearing white at home this year as well but it never stated that they would wear white all year. They wore brown at home for the two preseason games. I suspect that there will be certain games where they wear all white and not every home game.

According to the Texans Site they are wearing all white Link

The Bengals site states they will be wearing white in Cleveland Link

I read about Cleveland wearing white at home this year as well but it never stated that they would wear white all year. They wore brown at home for the two preseason games. I suspect that there will be certain games where they wear all white and not every home game.

Then you suspect incorrectly. :P

This was covered here: My link

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

This explains the confusion via Uni Watch...

"The Browns announced earlier this summer that they?d be wearing white at home this season. But as Joe Baka points out, the Bengals? jersey schedule shows Cincy wearing white in Cleveland for Week 1. So I double-checked with the Browns, where media relations VP Neal Gulkis confirmed, ?We are wearing white jerseys (and white pants) for all eight regular season home games this season.? So the breakdown on the Bengals? web site is wrong. That makes sense, because the Bengals page also shows them wearing their orange alts on Dec. 24, which would go against the league?s new rule restricting alternates and throwbacks to the first 10 games of the season. In short: Bengals still can?t do anything right."

I didn't realize the league had restricted alts to the first ten games. Interesting.

Paul Lukas ran this story during the lockout, but the story was this was a proposal. Nothing solid. NFL Rethinking Alternate Uniform Guidelines

I'm confused, however, as Paul is now referencing the rule as fact, not proposed.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

I didn't realize the league had restricted alts to the first ten games. Interesting.

Paul Lukas ran this story during the lockout, but the story was this was a proposal. Nothing solid. NFL Rethinking Alternate Uniform Guidelines

I'm confused, however, as Paul is now referencing the rule as fact, not proposed.

I remember reading that memo, yet the NFL has never come forth and announced it to the fans as official.

On the other hand I don't recall one team wearing their throwbacks or alternates during preseason like they had been doing in previous preseasons so I guess we need to presume that the system has changed.

Compared to the madness going on in College Football with blue turf, red turf, Oregon Ducks, what Nike did to the U of GA helmets & uni's against Boise State, and now the Terps' monstrosities from Monday Night, the throwback/alternate uniform system in the NFL for these past several years has been very mellow, these new restrictions if reality are ridiculous and is taking part of the enjoyment away ... 2009 was great with the AFL-50.

The only throwbacks that the softer football fan wouldn't of immediately recognized team-identity over the past couple seasons were the Green Bay acme throwbacks, and the Colts navy blue helmet away throwbacks. Everyone had to of known it was Philly last season in the kelly greens and Atlanta in their '66 throwbacks.

Even in 2009 with the AFL-50 season the only team that needed explanation to the 'soft' football fan was probably Denver's 1960 throwbacks. Last season we all knew it was da Bears when they wore those cool looking throwbacks with the bright orange numbers and stripes. Watering down a teams identity is a really weak excuse the NFL is using for curbing back on the throwback/alternate uniforms.

I really hope they suffer financial repercussions from the fans post-lockout, just like MLB did after their strike in '94 ... Now that the NFL has reached such popularity, they've become less and less fan-friendly. It's all about ownership profits and players receiving over-inflated salaries and out of this world signing bonuses while many of the average fans are battling thru a major recession and high unemployment.

The front page of today's USA Today said it all really ... it was in regard to the NFL ordering all 31 venues to immediately begin posting real-time fantasy-football stats because they feel it's affecting ticket sales around the league. NFL is worried fans will watch games for free at home where they have access to the RedZone and the Internet rather shelling out cash to the NFL for tickets, overpriced parking, and their price-gouging at the concession stands for food, beer, and souvenirs and team apparel at the stadium shops.

I like throwbacks and alternates ... and as much as I love pro football I'm really fed up with the NFL and their politics and greed.

I know this board is about uniforms & logos ... Sorry for getting a bit off-subject ...

/ End of rant

Archived