THOSE MARYLAND UNIFORMS

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the point of these uniforms was to get everyone talking about Maryland football, I think they've done the job. They were very, very loud which is something Maryland and Under Armour are both trying to be. As much as they stood out, I hope this is a one and done deal. I do like the idea of swapping the sides of the helmet if they do go to this again. I assume it's a giant decal or a special painted lid so they could strip the helmets down and flip the design

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm generally in favor of modern uniforms, and I've loved most of the pro combat concepts that have come out over the past few years. But honestly, these may be some of the worst uniforms I've ever seen. The state of Maryland has officially surpassed Texas in "irrational pimping of the state flag." Georgia's uniforms on Saturday suddenly look so much better.

these are fantastic. creative, unique, and they actually have rational thought behind them.

great as a one-off.

I completely agree. I love it when teams think outside the box like this.

The matching sleeves made it even better, although I do agree that they should have swapped sides on the helmet to match the flag.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

these are fantastic. creative, unique, and they actually have rational thought behind them.

great as a one-off.

I completely agree. I love it when teams think outside the box like this.

The matching sleeves made it even better, although I do agree that they should have swapped sides on the helmet to match the flag.

Actually, it's the jersey that would need to be reversed to match the flag (assuming you want it to match when facing the player).

This is the flag pic I posted a page or two ago --

nunst032.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

At first I was like

do-not-want-dog.jpg

But then I was like

obama-not-bad-l.png

Here's to hoping this will finally force Oregon and NIke to become creative again, instead of just recoloring their current uniforms.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

these are so over the top ugly that you can't help but to like them.

Agreed. I thought those uni's were so ugly but for some reason I like them. Whether or not people like them, Under Armour and Kevin Plank did a real good job of getting their brand out there. It's all people have been talking about today. I believe this is going to put Maryland football on the map in a few years much like Oregon

3535rx3.jpg

For what it's worth, out of almost 11,000 votes on Sportsnation more people prefer Oregon-esque uniforms, but it's close

1315322031197.png

So the average fan doesn't know what they're talking about. What else is new?

For what it's worth, out of almost 11,000 votes on Sportsnation more people prefer Oregon-esque uniforms, but it's close

1315322031197.png

So the average fan doesn't know what they're talking about. What else is new?

So their opinion is meaningless because they aren't sport uniform junkies?

I'm not art critic but does that mean my opinion on a painting is meaningless?

Also the masses are what dictates what is popular, if zany uniforms are popular zany uniforms will make money.

niagaraq.png

Popularity doesn't automatically make something good. Look at American Idol.

And as expected, Paul Lukas tore Under Armour's ridiculous hype machine to shreds. Regardless of your opinions on the uniforms themselves, he's got a very good point.

Good is a subjective term.

Lukas tore Under Armour's marketing into shreds and missed the point that the uniforms are getting positive reactions from the Maryland community. If the alums, students and fans like it, then Under Armour must be doing something right. It doesn't really matter if Lukas likes the way Under Armour sent him a press release or not.

And as expected, Paul Lukas -who-really-cares/'>tore Under Armour's ridiculous hype machine to shreds. Regardless of your opinions on the uniforms themselves, he's got a very good point.

That he thinks too highly of himself? Yea, he used to have the only uniform website to go to for information, but that day has come and gone. I just read his article and what an :censored: !!! Under Armour went out of their way to send him an email becuase they obviously repsected (past tense now) his website and his supposed "love" for uniforms. What does he do? He rips the email apart bit by bit.

I love when teams go outside the box and attempt to gain an identity that also gains attention. But, I also did not like this Maryland uniform and thought they could've made it better, but I'm not going to be a :censored: about it.

Reality check, please.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

1315322031197.png

Ah yes, SportsNation, allowing stupid people to have a voice since its inception.

No offense, but these uniforms are a train wreck, and while Oregon's are fairly over-the-top in some instances, Nike knows how to go gaudy without the entire uniform looking like a joke to the viewer. As I mentioned before, no one cares about LeBron James' thoughts or SportsNation's thoughts about football uniforms. Because no matter how much ESPN wants to promote their opinions, they're still a small fraction of the sports community as a whole. Not to mention, most people at work today have laughed about how stupid Maryland looked last night.

And as expected, Paul Lukas -who-really-cares/'>tore Under Armour's ridiculous hype machine to shreds. Regardless of your opinions on the uniforms themselves, he's got a very good point.

That he thinks too highly of himself? Yea, he used to have the only uniform website to go to for information, but that day has come and gone. I just read his article and what an :censored: !!! Under Armour went out of their way to send him an email becuase they obviously repsected (past tense now) his website and his supposed "love" for uniforms. What does he do? He rips the email apart bit by bit.

I love when teams go outside the box and attempt to gain an identity that also gains attention. But, I also did not like this Maryland uniform and thought they could've made it better, but I'm not going to be a :censored: about it.

Reality check, please.

im with you Johnny. UniWatch might be a place i go for the latest uniform information but i couldnt care less what this arrogent logo geek has to say about design and branding.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I apologize in advance if an answer was provided previously, but are these jerseys available for sale in the greater Baltimore area? I googled them, but couldn't find any for sale online.

Reality check, please.

im with you Johnny. UniWatch might be a place i go for the latest uniform information but i couldnt care less what this arrogent logo geek has to say about design and branding.

I thought it was incredibly ironic that, while his entire point was that these uniforms were nothing more than a publicity stunt that was doomed to fail, yet apparently they were important enough to warrant an entire article to them. He's feeding his worst enemy and he has to big of an ego to realize that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

it's called WINNING.

A team has to be able to win on the big stage to claim that.

Boise 2008 - Choke

Boise 2009 - Choke

Ohio State 2010 - Choke (Won their conference and the Sugar Bowl, not really choking)

Auburn 2011 - Choke (Won a game they should have won by 20, but not a choke)

LSU 2011 - Choke (WHAt!?!?!?!?!?!?)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

it's called WINNING.

A team has to be able to win on the big stage to claim that.

Boise 2008 - Choke

Boise 2009 - Choke

Ohio State 2010 - Choke (Won their conference and the Sugar Bowl, not really choking)

Auburn 2011 - Choke (Won a game they should have won by 20, but not a choke)

LSU 2011 - Choke (WHAt!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Um, I was talking about Oregon's performance in those games.

Archived