Entire KHL team killed in plane crash

Milo Meningocele

If he does survive, he will never be able to return to leading a normal life anyway with injuries of that extent.

I'm as shocked as anyone else about this news. It could happen to anybody. If could even happen to an NHL team.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure they said on the news that Galimov died in the hospital because he was badly burnt.

When did you hear this because the hospital has been denying it for about 5 hours and the newest update I've seen anywhere is that his death cannot be confirmed.

FWIW Wikipedia is reporting that he passed too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

@ovi8 tweeted this FWIW:

Сашка Галимов ты должен жить!держись!мы все с тобой!!молимся за тебя!

Translated as: Sasha Galimov you must live! Hold on! We are all with you! Pray for you!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm pretty sure they said on the news that Galimov died in the hospital because he was badly burnt.

When did you hear this because the hospital has been denying it for about 5 hours and the newest update I've seen anywhere is that his death cannot be confirmed.

FWIW Wikipedia is reporting that he passed too.

Wikipedia technically doesn't report anything. People just put up stuff as they think they hear it. It's about as authoritative as a message board. The real press has not been able to confirm anything about him beyond that he is still alive, in "grave" condition, and that he's been burned over 80-90% of his body. It's a grim diagnosis but he's not gone.

Today we are all Locomotivs.

Just couldn't help yourself, could you?

No, and I was quite serious about it. Anyway, best of luck to Locomotiv, if Marshall, Man Utd, etc. have proven anything, it's that any team that gets leveled like this, can pull themselves up and come back stronger.

soundersbanner.png

The local news here in Indy literally spent a majority of the broadcast on Peyton Manning, and didn't say a word about this incident... Why isn't this getting the coverage it deserves?

Because you live in Indiana? A non hockey state with one of their most well known players out for the first time in his career?

I assume most news outlets here didn't report on it this afternoon is because they wanted to get all the information, and it will be on the news tonight and tomorrow.

Really tragic. I watched some Verlander coverage to get to the ESPN report, and I've seen most information online today.

Today we are all Locomotivs.

Just couldn't help yourself, could you?

No, and I was quite serious about it. Anyway, best of luck to Locomotiv, if Marshall, Man Utd, etc. have proven anything, it's that any team that gets leveled like this, can pull themselves up and come back stronger.

I wonder though. Unlike Marshall and Man U, there's nothing left of Locomotiv. There's no coach and players like Busby and Carlton, no players, coaches, and incoming Freshmen left like Marshall, to rebuild around. There's literally nothing of the team left as well as well as their top minor leaguers being gone, the coaching staff being gone, and even some of the FO staff. I don't think a team and it's future support structure have been so thoroughly devastated before (not to take away from Munich or Marshall's terrible disasters).

Lokomotiv's only hope for a season that isn't a complete embarrassment is to try and sign top players from leagues like the Russian 2nd league, the Belarusian league, and hope some other teams from around Europe can loan them players.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Lokomotiv's only hope for a season that isn't a complete embarrassment is to try and sign top players from leagues like the Russian 2nd league, the Belarusian league, and hope some other teams from around Europe can loan them players.

I wouldn't be shocked if they throw in the towel for the season.

Normally TSN comments are very anti-KHL but not today.

There is one :censored: who fancies himself a comedian:

Pre-season hockey action: Jets, Flames defeat KHL's Yaroslavl Lokomotiv

Usually TSN doesn't allow comments on stories like these.

nyjets.pngHabs_button.jpg

UConn Huskies 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Champions

This is terrible. Really sad to' hear it, but for ESPN the phillies, verlander, manning and the U.S. Open Are more important than this.

Another air crash tragedy is the 1949 Superga accident, were pretty much the whole Grande Torino, and most of italy's soccer team ( Who was favored to win the world cup) was killed

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived