NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 6)

Luigi

I know I am in the minority here, but not only do I want to see the blue pants from Buffalo, but I want to see a full blue monochrome set at one of the their home games. I loved their monochrome set they previously had and I would love to see it again with the new blue color.

<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh lordy!!! banghead.gif

Dallas will wear their navy blue jerseys with silver pants at Jerry-world, Cleveland will put a decal on their helmet with a white facemask, wear brown jerseys with brown pants bearing stripes down the sides, New Orleans will wear their 1969 preseason throwbacks with the black helmet, and the 49ers will wear their 1-day helmet before the Bills will ever wear royal blue monochrome with the new set!

C'mon, we all know that's not true. Unless there has been a significant change within the organization and the people in control are strictly against monochrome, the players will vote to wear monochrome again. The previous set wasn't supposed to be monochrome, either. In fact, I would wager that the first time the blue pants appear, it will be with the blue jerseys for a primetime game, and it will subsequently look terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's silver.

You can see the game is dated as being played on 12/7/03, then if you read the bottom of this page you'll see:

"...[the silver jerseys] returned the following month in New England’s snowy 12-0 AFC East-clinching victory over Miami in Foxborough on Dec. 7, 2003."

90758391980.gif

Am I the only one who thinks monochrome only looks good with "cool" colors? Boise State, Oregon, the Bills, the Dolphins, etc. look/looked good in monochrome, but the Texans (monochrome red), Cardinals, Stanford, etc. look horrible in monochrome. The only team that I think could pull off a monochrome look with "warm" colors is the Chiefs:

nfl-mcfarlane293.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Am I the only one who thinks monochrome only looks good with "cool" colors? Boise State, Oregon, the Bills, the Dolphins, etc. look/looked good in monochrome, but the Texans (monochrome red), Cardinals, Stanford, etc. look horrible in monochrome. The only team that I think could pull off a monochrome look with "warm" colors is the Chiefs:

nfl-mcfarlane293.jpg

I always though this looked good. I will also agree with you about Stanford as well, but I do like the Texans and Cardinals all monochrome look.

spacer.png

nfl-mcfarlane293.jpg

I think it has everything to do with the design of the uniform and not just the colors. The warm colors work when there's a lot of white and other colors in there breaking thing up. The Chiefs would look horrible there if they had only piping and leotard socks. The cool-color teams can get away with more solids - not sure why it doesn't look as bad, but it just doesn't. There's nothing wrong with warm mono as long as it's done right - a traditional uniform like the Chiefs is perfect for mono.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I am in the minority here, but not only do I want to see the blue pants from Buffalo, but I want to see a full blue monochrome set at one of the their home games. I loved their monochrome set they previously had and I would love to see it again with the new blue color.

<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh lordy!!! banghead.gif

Dallas will wear their navy blue jerseys with silver pants at Jerry-world, Cleveland will put a decal on their helmet with a white facemask, wear brown jerseys with brown pants bearing stripes down the sides, New Orleans will wear their 1969 preseason throwbacks with the black helmet, and the 49ers will wear their 1-day helmet before the Bills will ever wear royal blue monochrome with the new set!

I know, but I just miss this set so much: Chicago+Bears+v+Buffalo+Bills+JCs5SOyzUpvl.jpg

You know, everybody has a right to their opinion, its all a matter of taste, yadda yadda yadda...

I gotta say, though... THIS opinion is just... insane.

If it were up to me, loving this Bill set would be a suspendable offense!

<<<<<<<<<<<

Oh lordy!!! banghead.gif

I know, but I just miss this set so much: Chicago+Bears+v+Buffalo+Bills+JCs5SOyzUpvl.jpg

You know, everybody has a right to their opinion, its all a matter of taste, yadda yadda yadda...

I gotta say, though... THIS opinion is just... insane.

If it were up to me, loving this Bill set would be a suspendable offense!

I can't help it, I bought a Stevie Johnson jersey last year in this style. Now I hated their current uniforms when they were first announced and I am not crazy about the Royal Blue, but I do love their current helmet (not typical of me considering I generally don't like white helmets). But that white helmet looks great. Now if they would just break out the blue pants, then I might like the current set even more. But you have to understand, my favorite look in the NFL right now for a standard set is Seattle. I love their monochrome look, but hate their all-white road uniform. I guess I have just got used to monochrome because that was the standard at Kentucky over the last 8 years until late last year.

spacer.png

Off topic, but nuordr, we might be the only two people on the Web sporting a Kentucky Colonels logo as an avatar. I had it first, by the way. tongue.gif

I didn't even notice you had it, that is cool, however, out of respect, I have changed mine.

spacer.png

atl.jpg

This guy's got a cool job.

Yes he does! I wish they would wear the 1990s uniform every once in a while.

lol...wrong era. 1966-1970 :P

I know what era that is, I was saying that I wish they would wear the Dieon Sanders uniform every once in a while. LOL :evil:

spacer.png

atl.jpg

This guy's got a cool job.

Yes he does! I wish they would wear the 1990s uniform every once in a while.

lol...wrong era. 1966-1970 :P

I know what era that is, I was saying that I wish they would wear the Dieon Sanders uniform every once in a while. LOL :evil:

I hear ya. The Andre Rison/Deon Sanders/Eric Metcalf era was nice.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived