Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what the batting helmets will look like? Will they have a white front like they did in the 80's or will they be solid black helmets with the new logo? ...or will they have home & road helmets that match the new caps?

Yes......2 helmets, white front and all black......I'll find the pic for you

http://www.wbaltv.com/slideshow/sports/29767595/detail.html

Scroll the slideshow all the way to the right, you'll see it

Does anyone know what the batting helmets will look like? Will they have a white front like they did in the 80's or will they be solid black helmets with the new logo? ...or will they have home & road helmets that match the new caps?

Awesome. Thanks.

Awesome. Thanks.

It's hard to be completely sure from that picture; but it seems that they didn't get the white panels right on the helmet. The white panels should have a concave bend:

10murraytvl.jpg

(By the way, this guy was the whole package when it comes to looking cool! The mustache, the sideburns, the hair; and he wore his pants and socks right for most of his career.)

Other teams such as the Blue Jays and Twins also had that curve in the front helmet panel:

1-t290844-500.jpg

carew-photo.jpg

As far as I can remember, the only team whose helmet panels were straight and not curved was the Brewers:

paul-molitor-79.jpg

It would be really too bad if the Orioles' real helmets don't have the curve in the white front panels. That feature is part of the look of the helmet; without it, the bird's head looks too small in that big white field.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I don't know. This isn't a strict throwback; theyre not obligated to replicate the original look.

That's true. But from an aesthetic standpoint I think that it would be a mistake not to have the curved front panels. As I mentioned, the bird head looks too small in the white field if the panels aren't curved.

MLB 12: The Show

374233_315331808480084_194843153862284_1336749_324441220_n.jpg

378029_315331821813416_194843153862284_1336750_1553853169_n.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

MLB 12: The Show

374233_315331808480084_194843153862284_1336749_324441220_n.jpg

378029_315331821813416_194843153862284_1336750_1553853169_n.jpg

The top photo doesn't look as bad as I thought that uniform set would.

The bottom photo looks like beer league softball. YUCK!

The real uni has that wonky extra spacing between the l and the t that the video uni doesn't have.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 1 month later...

This is a bit off topic but I feel you might be the right people to help me. A year or two ago I believe I saw online a Hat that was previously mentioned in this forum (but the images appear to have been removed).

It was a Black back, White front, Orange brim hat with an Angry oriole as the logo.

It resembled this mad-os-cap-blk_LRG.jpg

It was not this full image but this is just to give you an idea orioles_display_image.png?1325751219

I have been looking all over to find this hat. I have heard rumors of Marshalls, but that place is as easy to locate something as a flea market. Can any of you help?

This is a bit off topic but I feel you might be the right people to help me. A year or two ago I believe I saw online a Hat that was previously mentioned in this forum (but the images appear to have been removed).

It was a Black back, White front, Orange brim hat with an Angry oriole as the logo.

It resembled this

It was not this full image but this is just to give you an idea

I have been looking all over to find this hat. I have heard rumors of Marshalls, but that place is as easy to locate something as a flea market. Can any of you help?

Post that here.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Looks like they are going to be playing up the Camden Yards 20th Birthday too...

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/camdenyards20/index.jsp?partnerId=ed-5568144-248673340

Speaking of that there is a page to see all the Home Runs hit on to Eutaw Street, did they stop putting the plaques in the ground?

Nice. I was walking on that part of Eutaw Street a few years back before a White Sox game and my favorite player, Jim Thome blasted a BP homer that was inches from nailing me in the head as I was walking and looking the other way. Wish I had been paying attention, I would have had the ball!

Looking through that site, there's one as recent as 06/30/11 from Lance Berkman of the Cards. If you click on the plaques, you can watch a video of the HR! Luke Scott has a few recent ones too.

87Redskins.png

• 3 weeks later...

I still haven't seen the Orioles' helmets for this season. But, if the helmets are indeed going to lack the curved front panels, then there would be some precedent for that.

I don't know if they got sloppy on a few helmets; but here is one picture from 1987, as seen on a 1988 card, that shows non-curved front panels:

hart-mike1988topps.jpg

Compare to the standard helmet, with curved front panels:

1988+Topps+Mini+Ripken.jpg

I hope they go for the curved version!

• 3 weeks later...

O'Rioles?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived