Orioles 2012 Changes

Bill813

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AoMO1T2CAAA74at.jpg

Yikes. No. I'm sorry but that is just bad. Like a bad Photoshop job or a wrong mix in the washer.

Looks like the Oriole is sick and about to throw up.

Not a good look. Shoulda just went with the alternate cap (O's) and made that one green on the crown with the orange bill and "O's" logo.

AoMO1T2CAAA74at.jpg

Yikes. No. I'm sorry but that is just bad. Like a bad Photoshop job or a wrong mix in the washer.

Looks like the Oriole is sick and about to throw up.

I think he already threw up all over the bill and is about ready for "round two".

spacer.png

Does anyone know what the batting helmets will look like? Will they have a white front like they did in the 80's or will they be solid black helmets with the new logo? ...or will they have home & road helmets that match the new caps?

Yes......2 helmets, white front and all black......I'll find the pic for you

http://www.wbaltv.com/slideshow/sports/29767595/detail.html

Scroll the slideshow all the way to the right, you'll see it

If they're going to use two helmets, they aren't breaking them out for spring training. Right now against the Yanks they're wearing home uniforms with white panel caps, but all black helmets (with an orange bill), and Buck Showalter has just decided to wear the all black cap. It's chaos in Florida right now.

Someone needs to solve this problem by dumping the white panel caps completely.

Grunge-Logos.png

Does anyone know what the batting helmets will look like? Will they have a white front like they did in the 80's or will they be solid black helmets with the new logo? ...or will they have home & road helmets that match the new caps?

Yes......2 helmets, white front and all black......I'll find the pic for you

http://www.wbaltv.com/slideshow/sports/29767595/detail.html

Scroll the slideshow all the way to the right, you'll see it

If they're going to use two helmets, they aren't breaking them out for spring training. Right now against the Yanks they're wearing home uniforms with white panel caps, but all black helmets (with an orange bill), and Buck Showalter has just decided to wear the all black cap. It's chaos in Florida right now.

Someone needs to solve this problem by dumping the white panel caps completely.

While a videogame may not be the most reliable source, I'm pretty sure the solid black helmets are used at home in MLB The Show.

What logo is on the nameplate? That bird looks angry.

It looks like a modified version of the "Angry Bird". Eyes are different, but it is definitely this image.

2rgavrd1qgkfw74ji5se5c1yk.gif

Was angry bird a real O's logo? Reminds me of Beavis...

Apprently it is actually call "The Cuckoo Bird", even though I have always heard it referred to as the Angry Bird.

"The Cuckoo Bird (1968): After a disappointing 1967 season, this character, also known as the Psycho Bird, told us to "Wait Til This Year." As it turned out, he and the Orioles had to wait until the next year to face the Miracle Mets in the '69 World Series."

Source: Orioles Logo History

the O's should use this buddy as the main logo with the new face from the cap.gnk356weka7e940qfvthk7uhf.gif

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived