Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

Anyone who was hoping or figuring the statue would come down ASAP may be in for a long wait. Looks like the board of trustees is kowtowing to the delusional but vocal alumni who still feel the need to "protect" the man who wouldn't protect little boys from a rapist.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8166643/joe-paterno-statue-remain-penn-state-sources-say

Penn State is a joke. Seriously. I feel bad for my two cousins who went there.

At least Paterno's name isn't on my diploma...but Graham Spanier's is...

Well, you can always cover that up...

spacer.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who was hoping or figuring the statue would come down ASAP may be in for a long wait. Looks like the board of trustees is kowtowing to the delusional but vocal alumni who still feel the need to "protect" the man who wouldn't protect little boys from a rapist.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8166643/joe-paterno-statue-remain-penn-state-sources-say

Penn State is a joke. Seriously. I feel bad for my two cousins who went there.

At least Paterno's name isn't on my diploma...but Graham Spanier's is...

Well, you can always cover that up...

Either with this:

395px-Wite-Out_123.PNG

or this:

SHARPIEFINE_black-FULL.jpg

or if you're good with a box cutter, you can cut the name out...

I saw, I came, I left.

I believe that was mockingly and not actually how to do it. I honestly cant tell if your response is sarcastic or not though.

It was sarcastic, but hey if you really wanted to, why not keep those options handy? I suppose my sarcasm has been lost on many since I haven't posted as frequently for the last few months ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Where exactly is the statute? If it is in a reasonable location for this to occur, I wouldn't be surprised if a fan of a visiting team staying in the area (or even just some local who's had enough) did something to it this year or the coming years. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if someone took a sledgehammer to it.

16215.jpg

2503.jpg

5113.gif

787x.jpg

WVU '14

Where exactly is the statute? If it is in a reasonable location for this to occur, I wouldn't be surprised if a fan of a visiting team staying in the area (or even just some local who's had enough) did something to it this year or the coming years. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if someone took a sledgehammer to it.

It's next to the stadium. I guarantee you they'll have some sort of "Guard the Statue!!!!!!" thing going on, which they already do with the Nittany Lion...

08_lion_shrine.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just remove the statue at night.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

To hell with it. I almost hope Penn State keeps that coward's statue up to constantly remind the country of how ass-backwards the proud fans of PRED STATE truly are.

6uXNWAo.png

Just thought I'd throw this log on the fire...

With regard to the NCAA and the Big Ten; we're in uncharted waters here folks. Before we decide that nothing will be done, how about we give them some time to figure out what they can do, how they're going to do it, and a chance to talk to their legal departments to gear up for the inevitable onslaught of lawsuits that are sure to follow any actions they take? It's not like there's a solid precedent for them to follow.

Don't get me wrong, I like joining the mob and burning people at the stake as much as the next person. All I'm saying is we may be jumping the gun a little with how positive we are that Penn State will go unpunished. It's been what, about a month or so since Sandusky's conviction? The Freeh report came out last week. I'm willing to give this a little time before I storm the village square and set fire to the NCAA and Big Ten offices.

If we're still wondering what the NCAA and Big Ten are going to do to Penn State in September, I'll happily light the first torch.

BB52Big.jpg

The guy on ESPN radio earlier had a decent idea: the NCAA tells PSU, "You're going to shut the football program down for at least a year. If you don't, I'm going to have to, and we'll shut it down indefinitely."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The guy on ESPN radio earlier had a decent idea: the NCAA tells PSU, "You're going to shut the football program down for at least a year. If you don't, I'm going to have to, and we'll shut it down indefinitely."

I heard that too. Smartest comment on the whole thing I've heard all day. Give Penn State one last time to do the right and honorable thing. If they can't find it in themselves to do so, do it for them. For good.

I'm willing to give this a little time before I storm the village square and set fire to the NCAA and Big Ten offices.

I have a feeling some Penn State fans will beat you to the punch when the NCAA dares to punish PSU for those things that dear sweet Saint Almighty JoePa never did.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just thought I'd throw this log on the fire...

With regard to the NCAA and the Big Ten; we're in uncharted waters here folks. Before we decide that nothing will be done, how about we give them some time to figure out what they can do, how they're going to do it, and a chance to talk to their legal departments to gear up for the inevitable onslaught of lawsuits that are sure to follow any actions they take? It's not like there's a solid precedent for them to follow.

Don't get me wrong, I like joining the mob and burning people at the stake as much as the next person. All I'm saying is we may be jumping the gun a little with how positive we are that Penn State will go unpunished. It's been what, about a month or so since Sandusky's conviction? The Freeh report came out last week. I'm willing to give this a little time before I storm the village square and set fire to the NCAA and Big Ten offices.

If we're still wondering what the NCAA and Big Ten are going to do to Penn State in September, I'll happily light the first torch.

Well said 'red. Let's wait for the NCAA to actually make a decision before we crucify them.

Though I will say that I will lose all respect I have for it as an institution if they don't come down hard.

It seriously boggles my mind that the present PSU board doesn't go for an absolute house-cleaning with it's image. Get rid of any and everything involving open penis-worship of Joe Paterno (including the absurd statue and repulsive mural), shut down the football program internally for at least 1-2 seasons, etc.

Show the world you're taking this seriously and are taking REAL responsibility instead of this bullcrap empty apology nonsense. If you're really sorry you'd prove it with more than words.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Would it be too much to make a North Korea joke?

Problem is, most people associated with Penn State don't live in the real world. The level of disconnect from reality is stunning.

Then take the school out into a quiet corner of the woods and put it down. I'm so, SO tired of hearing the lame excuses of "leave the players alone! They didn't do anything! What about the other athletic programs? Why should they have to suffer?"

The innocent deserve to suffer since the university allowed other innocents, REAL innocents to suffer much worse. The Nittany Lions Badminton team can't get football money anymore? Oh no! Give the goddamn athletes passes to transfer and bite the bullet.

They let a pedophile rape and sexually abuse young boys. If they think they don't deserve more punishment they can tell their story walking. That place needs an enema of epic proportions.

twitter

Problem is, most people associated with Penn State don't live in the real world. The level of disconnect from reality is stunning.

...or it's the that morons are the vocal ones...and yes that includes the thousands of students that rioted back in the fall, but then again, they rioted at a small center-Pennsylvania summer Arts festival just for kicks once, so OK, I guess there are a TON of morons.

July 13, 1998:

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19980713&slug=2760949

According to police, about 150 people converged after a Frisbee game and became upset when told to disperse. Someone in the crowd threw a trash can into the street and set it on fire, and within 10 minutes the crowd ballooned to 1,500 people.

Other witnesses said the conflict began when police confiscated, then returned, a miniature keg of beer.

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

They let a pedophile rape and sexually abuse young boys. If they think they don't deserve more punishment they can tell their story walking. That place needs an enema of epic proportions.

I'd prefer a "harvesting" over an enema, but your point remains :D

Well said 'red. Let's wait for the NCAA to actually make a decision before we crucify them.

Though I will say that I will lose all respect I have for it as an institution if they don't come down hard.

This basically how I'm looking at it, but like I said earlier I don't think they've handled the situation well at all up to this point.

Little to no communication with Freeh from what I can tell and they didn't allow any player there to transfer without penalty.

I've pretty much lost all respect for the NCAA even before this. But if they do nothing on this, I don't see how anyone with a rational brain couldn't regard them as a complete farce. The football program just cannot get off scot-free from this, or with a slap on the wrist. Its not going to cut it. Too much damage has been done and too many skeletons are out of the closet.

Archived