San Diego Padres Unveiling

larrypep

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WYiRiWMB.jpg

Indifferent about the Army one.

Home unis is just last years with a navy blue paint job.

Road and alternates remind me, for some reason, of the jerseys of the late 1990s (Tony Guynn).

Marines actually. Get your branch right.

Indifferent about the Army one.

Home unis is just last years with a navy blue paint job.

Road and alternates remind me, for some reason, of the jerseys of the late 1990s (Tony Guynn).

That is the Marine Corps pattern, not Army.

The logos are absolutely horrendous, BTW. That might be the worst primary logo in the league. Why did they get rid of the home-plate logo?

And they got rid of home plate because it sucked. It was a mess. This is much cleaner and looks like what a baseball logo should. A circle.

At least the piping is slightly different enough to make up for the complete lack of imagination when it comes to the color scheme.

I like how the piping around the collar looks with the placket piping and I really like the two stripes on the sleeves. Both of those elements are unique to Major League Baseball. So at least they got that going for them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This feels like when the Padres sucked the soul out of their previous uniform set and went from blue and orange on pinstripes to just plain blue on white. With piping, even!

Overall, they further made a mess of their 2004 redesign, other than a proper road script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived