San Diego Padres Unveiling

larrypep

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How good would this set look with red instead of sand?

Like every other team good, I'd assume.

I actually kind of like the upgrade. I'm disappointed it's not brown and yellow, but I think it's a bit better than what they had last year. The blue "SD" jersey is nice.

Different but not any better or worse I'd wager. I assume you meant like this?

867_1034_large.jpg

Yeah, something like that. It would be more colorful and more of an homage to the PCL days.

BTW, that uniform is black and orange.

867_1034_large.jpg

Yeah, something like that. It would be more colorful and more of an homage to the PCL days.

If the PCL unis were black and orange, how is navy and red an homage? All it would do is add (unnecessarily) another navy and red team. I think they'd look much better in brown and gold, but if they at least just upped the sand usage among these, then it's the next best thing.

867_1034_large.jpg

If the PCL unis were black and orange, how is navy and red an homage? All it would do is add (unnecessarily) another navy and red team. I think they'd look much better in brown and gold, but if they at least just upped the sand usage among these, then it's the next best thing.

For most of their existence in the PCL they used navy and red. However, in 1948 they used black and orange. This was recently discovered by Ebbetts Field Flannels when they did research to recreate the 1948 jerseys and caps they procured an authentic sample and were shocked to discover it was black and orange. Since there were no color pictures from that year, everyone assumed it was navy and red. Weird, huh?

I dunno, people, I'd say this is a major downgrade. It just seems the more baseball teams change their uniforms for simplicity, the blander they get.

Shouldn't shock anyone. Traditionally baseball uniforms WERE bland back in the golden age of baseball.

I don't like that the home wordmark has a sand outline but the road and alternate marks don't. If the home numbers have the same sand outline, I dig it. Piping is always a plus, too. But its plain for the sake of plain, not for the sake of tradition. Boring.

The sleeve cuff stripes make it a winner. Nicely ties in with the placket piping. Maybe the road jersey needed a touch more colour, but I don't mind this set at all.

liverpool-1.png

Archived