San Diego Padres Unveiling

larrypep

Huge downgrade. Numbers plain, logos plain (though I like the army corps and stadium logos), uniforms plain. Their previous number font could've just been made a little thicker. And brown, yellow, orange? People want that? More tan should've been used. Perhaps a hint of orange (burnt orange) could've been added as a nod to the past but huge downgrade. I give these unis 5 years before they change them again.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that's from the road BP jerseys.

pMLB2-11682468dt.jpg

Goth, don't you have that absolutely beautiful picture of the brown and gold Padre uniform from the late 60's? (If I'm confusing you with someone else, I appologize.) If its you, now would be a good time to post it. I just read a few posts about how that color scheme "never worked".

meh..

Not every uniform unveiling will solve world hunger and this is a good example. I'm not sure I really "hate" anything about this, but it's just so darn blahh. It's nice and "professional" looking, but it's also a set that will just blend in to the rest of the baseball world.

I'm getting a pretty strong TB Rays vibe with this.

These pictures?

4079A_lg.jpeg4079B_lg.jpeg

45256_01_lg.jpg

Beautiful color scheme.

hcsd72.jpg

Personally, I prefer it without the orange. Two colors, one light and one dark for contrast, work well together. Unique color scheme in pro sports, and gorgeous to boot.

Exactamundo. Brown and gold is all you need. Hell, I wouldn't mind the new uniforms (maybe with a script update a little closer to the PCL days) in brown and gold. Would easily be one of the tops in baseball.

So what's up with this?

Ad2ZQUGCEAAU2gq.jpg

Does look like a gold outline, though.

The red outline leads me to believe that's a PCL throwback.

You think that's red? I thought it was bad color in the TwitPic. The jersey appears to have the same piping as the home.

Did they say anything about a PCL throwback at the unveiling?

I'm quite sure it's red. Makes sense too without the NOB and it looks like it might be a #42?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Disclaimer: Sorry for the huge thread drift but it somewhat relates to San Diego. I am a new member of CCSLC so I can't start a forum. I noticed that the University of South Dakota is not listed in the college section for logos. What do you need for them to be added? With that said they unveiled some new logos last year and are very Padre like. I could provide links to their logo but don't want to muddy up the San Diego thread.

Great site. Thank you.

Not all the fans post on message boards. And it seems like the ownership personally wanted to keep the blue, which is fine, but don't use the vocal majority/minority of a small portion of the fanbase as a justification.

Why not? The FO says they did 2 years of market research on it. Are we not to believe their word because it's inconvenient for a subset of people who believed otherwise?

Anyway sorry if I seem like I'm pushing this so much. I just get so tired of hearing, particularly on this board, that the Padres "need to" or "should be going" back to brown more often than not from people who aren't Padres fans and that anything else would be a "mistake." Particularly from people that wouldn't have to live with the brown. It was very nice to finally hear that some market research backs up the idea that Padres fans as a whole don't want brown back. That had been what I'd seen anecdotal and it's nice to see something other than an anecdote back that up.

Agreed. For the sake of color diversity in MLB, I'd love to see a brown team. But I'm a little hesitant for it to be MY team.

but don't you think that if there were a team that SHOULD go with brown that the Padres could be the team to completely pull it off?

Problem was to date they've never pulled it off. Every version they had before ranged from the meh of the 1969 uni to the utter disasters of the late 70's through the Giants ripoffs of the mid to late 80's. As someone said above, there MIGHT be a way to pull it off but so far I've never seen it really done even in mockups (and I don't trust an MLB design group to do better than a lot of the designers on this site). Blue is far harder to screw up and far easier to do right.

We obviously don't have similar tastes here....which is okay, that happens. I think their Steve Garvey era 1984 uniforms were a thing of beauty that could easily be tweaked and modernized to work today. Lets be honest here....other than the Cleveland Browns is there any other team out there that can pull off brown better than the Padres? I don't think so.

These pictures?

45256_01_lg.jpg

Beautiful color scheme.

hcsd72.jpg

Personally, I prefer it without the orange. Two colors, one light and one dark for contrast, work well together. Unique color scheme in pro sports, and gorgeous to boot.

THOSE. ARE. SEXY. Why don't they go to that, instead of his generic BS?

Disclaimer: Sorry for the huge thread drift but it somewhat relates to San Diego. I am a new member of CCSLC so I can't start a forum. I noticed that the University of South Dakota is not listed in the college section for logos. What do you need for them to be added? With that said they unveiled some new logos last year and are very Padre like. I could provide links to their logo but don't want to muddy up the San Diego thread.

Great site. Thank you.

Once you become a "full member", create a topic about it in this sub-forum.

Welcome to the boards!

spacer.png

These pictures?

45256_01_lg.jpg

Beautiful color scheme.

hcsd72.jpg

At a quick glance the white jersey made me think 'pirates jersey'. Maybe it's because they both start with the letter "P".

These pictures?

45256_01_lg.jpg

Beautiful color scheme.

hcsd72.jpg

At a quick glance the white jersey made me think 'pirates jersey'. Maybe it's because they both start with the letter "P".

And a quick glance at the Padres' current uniform makes me think of any one of the dozen or so other navy blue teams currently dulling down the MLB.

Honestly, any update that didn't put the Padres back in their true colors was gonna be a fail for me.

Huge downgrade. Numbers plain, logos plain (though I like the army corps and stadium logos), uniforms plain. Their previous number font could've just been made a little thicker. And brown, yellow, orange? People want that? More tan should've been used. Perhaps a hint of orange (burnt orange) could've been added as a nod to the past but huge downgrade. I give these unis 5 years before they change them again.

I'm quoting this for truth. I'm also adding that the khaki/sand/tan/whatever roads were awesome, and I'm still sad they're gone. This is dull, dull, dull. A shame that nice number font had to go.

Also, I don't get the brown/yellow love. Ick.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These pictures?

45256_01_lg.jpg

Beautiful color scheme.

hcsd72.jpg

You just had to put those up so we could all be reminded of what a good uniform/brand looks like. Beautiful.

Archived