Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

The Mets blue BP jerseys are friggin sweet! IMO they look way better than the black alternate jersey. The black jerseys should be retired, and the blue BP jerseys should be promoted to alternate status.

Haven't there been instances where starting pitchers have chosen for the team to wear BP jerseys in place of the regulars? Do the Mets let the starting pitchers decide which jersey to wear? If so, I hope who ever starts for the Mets when they come to DC in August to play the Nationals chooses to wear blue jerseys. I will be in the park for that game, and would love to see those blue beauties in person.

The Black jerseys are still in use only because they missed the deadline to add a blue alt, which will be added in 2013. It will more than likely echo the piping look of the current uniforms. Basically the Los Mets jersey last year minus the "Los". The BP jersey will probably be worn some this year to help satisfy the desire for a blue alt that, as mentioned, wasn't able to be added in time for this year.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets blue BP jerseys are friggin sweet! IMO they look way better than the black alternate jersey. The black jerseys should be retired, and the blue BP jerseys should be promoted to alternate status.

Haven't there been instances where starting pitchers have chosen for the team to wear BP jerseys in place of the regulars? Do the Mets let the starting pitchers decide which jersey to wear? If so, I hope who ever starts for the Mets when they come to DC in August to play the Nationals chooses to wear blue jerseys. I will be in the park for that game, and would love to see those blue beauties in person.

The Black jerseys are still in use only because they missed the deadline to add a blue alt, which will be added in 2013. It will more than likely echo the piping look of the current uniforms. Basically the Los Mets jersey last year minus the "Los". The BP jersey will probably be worn some this year to help satisfy the desire for a blue alt that, as mentioned, wasn't able to be added in time for this year.

Last season, one of the Mets insiders said that they would be have the royal blue alts debut on a one-off occasion this season before full deployment in 2013. The plan was to wear them for a promotional evening like the Los Mets jerseys were in 2011. Don't know if they are still planning on doing it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Look at these beauties

No drop-shadow, and is it just me or is the cream color really toned down or are they white?

Close up 50th Anniversary patch

DSC_3238.jpg

Carter patch

DSC_3245.jpg

the cream looks quite a bit toned down, but it could be the lighting. Love to see that next to the white alt for comparison.

They'll suck, they're a laughingstock, but they'll look awesome in the process.

Look at these beauties

No drop-shadow, and is it just me or is the cream color really toned down or are they white?

DSC_3238.jpg

Carter patch

DSC_3245.jpg

the cream looks quite a bit toned down, but it could be the lighting. Love to see that next to the white alt for comparison.

FWIW: the color of the '10-'11 pinstripes were classified as "cream." this year's pins are classified as "ivory", thus the reason you're probably seeing it as toned down. it is, in fact, different. the pictures are true to color (i only know bc...well...i know who took the pics ;) )

also, i bet you they won't suck as badly as you think...

sig2024.png

Look at these beauties

DSC_3238.jpg

Carter patch

DSC_3245.jpg

FWIW: the color of the '10-'11 pinstripes were classified as "cream." this year's pins are classified as "ivory", thus the reason you're probably seeing it as toned down. it is, in fact, different. the pictures are true to color (i only know bc...well...i know who took the pics ;) )

Sweet! I hope they go back to white eventually but ivory is a good start haha

I kinda know the photographer too ;)

True2OB.png

I know it's not going to happen, but those Mets off-white pinstripe jerseys would look sweet with no names on the back -- just like what they wore in 1969.

Sure would.

I was so happy in 1999 when they took the names off the back. Especially looked great on the snow-whites.

And speaking of Mets changes, the Wilpons will find their wallet has become a little lighter, as a judge ruled today that they have to pay Madoff trustee Irving Picard up to $83 million.

If a jury finds that they turned away from those cautions to continue to reap the returns from their Madoff investments, the men could be liable for as much as $300 million.

Paging Nelson Doubleday... ;)

I know it's not going to happen, but those Mets off-white pinstripe jerseys would look sweet with no names on the back -- just like what they wore in 1969.

I totally agree with you. In fact, I had one specially made for me! (Tribute to one of my fave Mets of all time, #13 Edgardo Alfonzo)

Mets12.jpg

I totally agree with you. In fact, I had one specially made for me! (Tribute to one of my fave Mets of all time, #13 Edgardo Alfonzo)

Mets12.jpg

I'm cool with the nnob with classically styled uniforms...the trick is without the name is that the number needs to be at least 1-2" higher than if there was a name above it...I think the giants and red sox are good examples of this...on the other hand when mccourt had the dodgers remove the names they left the numbers in same spot which looked really cheap.

Is there a possibility that the we have the black alts, but just never wear them.....? Is that alllowed?

They'll probably wear them on some random May mid-week game against the Pirates or something here and there with 8,000 people in the stands.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Woo hoo! Pinstripes officially the primaries!

2012 UNIFORM: The Mets this coming season will wear new home pinstripe, white and road grey uniforms reflecting the look of the original uniforms from their inaugural season...The black dropshadow will be removed from the Mets script logo, letters and numbers...The pinstripe uniform will be the primary home uniform with the white and black alternate jerseys worn on select dates...The blue cap will be worn with the home pinstripes and white uniforms, and the road grey uniforms...The team will also wear a new blue and orange batting practice jersey...The Mets 50th Anniversary will be affixed to player jerseys on the left sleeve, replacing the primary logo for the anniversary season, and on the back of blue game caps...The Mets will also wear a patch to honor Gary Carter during the 2012 season...Carter passed away on February 16 after a courageous battle against brain cancer

3/5 Game Notes

Is there a possibility that the we have the black alts, but just never wear them.....? Is that alllowed?

They'll probably wear them on some random May mid-week game against the Pirates or something here and there with 8,000 people in the stands.

some rumblings in PSL that they might just shelve them the entire season and never wear them. if the do wear them (and i'd guess they will if only to try and move whatever black stock they have left before it's gone next year), it looks like it's exclusively on the road.

sig2024.png

Look at these beauties

DSC_3238.jpg

Carter patch

DSC_3245.jpg

In the past, Majestic COOLBASE "cream" & "ivory" were in reality the same color. I'd be curious to see if they adjusted the textiles.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived