Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

Metsblog has now posted an image of the plain white and road. Adam Rubin sent out the pinstripes version.

Edit: In the interest of not misleading anybody they still have the black alt so I wanted to add that image as well. Interestingly that's the only one with both the Mets logo patch and the 50th Anniversary patch.

Mets-2012-jerseys.jpg

1nto.jpg

Mets-2012-Black-Jersey.png

mets.png

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does the Mets blue always look darker than the New York blue?

You mean the city flag? That shade is pretty light.

The Mets originally borrowed their blue from the Dodgers, although it has been lightened over the years. And Dodger blue is a dark royal.

I can't believe how much better the Mets' uniforms look without the black. Good for the Amazin's.

Hard to tell by the picture whether the pinstripes is still the vintage white or if its the same white as the plain white version.

Metsblog said cream. Metsblog also shows the black jersey.

I assume since the pinstripe jersey has numbers on the front, these will too.

Thanks for the clarification. Here's the other things I still am looking forward to learning:

1) Will they go NNOB at home like they did in 1999? I think that'd be a real classic look especially on the pinstripes.

2) Will we see a new set of other official apparel to match these jerseys? (Batting Practice jersey, Dugout jackets, etc.)

3) How will the 50th Anniversary patch look on the caps (and a real piece of minutiae does the button color go back to blue on the blue cap)?

mets.png

They're in the Mets shop on sale unless I'm looking at something different.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=706416&cp=1452359.1452830

Looks like they changed the picture early on the jerseys but here's what I'm wondering. They show the new road when you click on the authentic road but it has the reduced pricing of this year's. If you ordered it right now (a) which one would they send you and (B) if they sent you the old one would they be willing to make it up to you and allow you to exchange them and have the new one for the discounted price?

mets.png

Oh my gosh. Home and road are absolutely perfect, wouldn't change a thing or ask for anything else. I don't think the home alt is necessary, and I'd have much rather seen a blue alt than a black one, but still. The Mets pulled it off, fantastic changes.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived