Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it? They removed the black, and everyone is hailing this as the best uniform change ever? They barely did anything. I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so amazing about them.

Because they did everything they needed to do. They already had a great identity to begin with, which was unfortunately muddied up by the black. They didn't need an overhaul by any means. I'm glad they aren't overhauling. I want the Mets just like they're about to look. Blue and orange. Simple.

Exactly. It was a little easier for the Mets because their changes were just common sense, but the Mets did a great job. This is the first unveiling for a team in any sport in several years where the team didn't make a giant blunder on at least one aspect. The Bills failed with sleeve striping, template, hip logos, socks, and adding navy. The 49ers failed in sleeve striping and khaki pants. The Lions failed by not going back to what was clearly a better uniform and relegating black to merchandise. The Twins failed with the road cap and by not making the home script navy, leaving no use for the throwbacks. The Warriors... yeah. The 76ers failed with their single color, iron on number font. The Texas Rangers' current set is mishmash crap. The Cavaliers took ten steps backwards. The Jaguars replaced one of the better sets in football with one of the worst. The Marlins half-assed their attempt at crazy, put a white wordmark on the road jersey, picked a horrible, mismatched font and went with a soulless corporate logo. The Orioles had a few blunders on their wordmarks, the orange jersey piping and on the new cartoon bird. The Nationals and Padres are the embodiment of failure.

The Mets did EVERYTHING they were supposed to do without making any mistakes. About the only thing you could be critical of is that they are keeping around the black jersey for an extra year and they were too late to get the blue jersey approved for 2012. Bravo, Mets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

One little thing bothers me about that anniversary logo. Look at the stitches where they overlap the blue skyline. On the logo file they're gold:

NewYorkMets_CMM1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

On the patch, however, they're orange:

pMLB2-11755622dt.jpg

The 50th patch is on the back of the caps...?

Almost. There's another version of the 50th logo that must not have been in ColorWerx's package:

pMLB2-11543561_alternate1_dt.jpg

That one has orange stitches too...

Like the Yankees, they adapted their anniversary logo to keep the batterman logo on the back of the caps.

One little thing bothers me about that anniversary logo. Look at the stitches where they overlap the blue skyline. On the logo file they're gold:

NewYorkMets_CMM1a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

On the patch, however, they're orange:

pMLB2-11755622dt.jpg

The 50th patch is on the back of the caps...?

Almost. There's another version of the 50th logo that must not have been in ColorWerx's package:

pMLB2-11543561_alternate1_dt.jpg

That one has orange stitches too...

Like the Yankees, they adapted their anniversary logo to keep the batterman logo on the back of the caps.

That may have been a change/correction after I got the files. I'll check.

Woah woah woah wait... the BP jerseys aren't one of the two or three Majestic templates and actually look like something that would make a good alt? And just blue and orange to boot?

This just keeps getting better and better

Wonder how close that will be to next year's blue alt.

I agree, it looks like a baseball uni, not some garbage that looks like a sportsbra, shoulder yoke, or armpit stains.

I think that's a function of the colors around it. Context matters:

checkershadow_illusion4med.jpg

The squares marked A and B are the same shade of gray.

They are!?

I was thinking the same thing. They certainly don't appear the same, even taking surrounding squares out of the equation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think that's a function of the colors around it. Context matters:

checkershadow_illusion4med.jpg

The squares marked A and B are the same shade of gray.

They are!?

I was thinking the same thing. They certainly don't appear the same, even taking surrounding squares out of the equation.

Actually went into paint and cut one of the squares and moved it to the other..

Sure enough, they are.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived