Mets 2012 Changes

erlovepuck

when do we get to see the new batting practice jerseys and not just a drawing of them?

Also, will the mets get new warm up jackets, dugout jackets and fleeces as well to replace the black on the blue ones?

While it doesn't look like the Mets are showing or selling the new BP jerseys yet, a look at the Orioles new BP jerseys gives a hint at what the sleeve trim on the Mets one will look like. The sportslogos.net rendering of the BP jersey shows an identical thick orange outline on the sleeve ends of both the 2012 Orioles and 2012 Mets jerseys. But the Orioles BP jerseys are for sale now and show a very thin outline that is barely visable. This means the Mets will probably have a beautiful, minimalist look.

pMLB2-9272598_alternate1_dt.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the "authentics" they sell be available in double-knit form or are they now all only cool base? I don't like cool base.

Should be only COOLBASE. The Mets went full COOLBASE a few years ago. They haven't worn doubleknits in a while.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

We've all seen it but I don't know if anybody has pointed it out yet. The Mets kept the orange cap button instead of switching to blue, as they wore originally. I am glad with that.

Also, while reports had called these uniforms throwbacks to the inaugeral set, I don't think they made any actual changes to the wordmark to make them closer to the original set other than eliminating black. Other than the anniversary sleeve patch, I believe these are just the 1997 set without the extra white outline on the home jersey (which I will actually miss). I am fine with that, too. The Mets were in the position of having a few common sense changes that took the unis from crap to being one of the best in baseball.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Will the "authentics" they sell be available in double-knit form or are they now all only cool base? I don't like cool base.

Should be only COOLBASE. The Mets went full COOLBASE a few years ago. They haven't worn doubleknits in a while.

I bought a doubleknit authentic though as recently as 2009, their first season at Citi Field. Just because they haven't worn them doesn't mean they stopped selling them.

It could be I was able to buy them though because they still had them in stock...I guess we'll find out when I look for one.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I bought a doubleknit authentic though as recently as 2009, their first season at Citi Field. Just because they haven't worn them doesn't mean they stopped selling them.

It could be I was able to buy them though because they still had them in stock...I guess we'll find out when I look for one.

Majestic sells what they have, but they usually stop production if the team isn't wearing it in the doubleknit. I can still go buy a doubleknit Astros jersey, but they quit wearing them last season. Whatever they are selling is old stock.

Call the team store at CitiField. They'll know if there will be any doubleknits available. Just don't count on it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 weeks later...

The blog The Mets Police has posted an actual picture of the BP jersey rather than the illustration we've seen. Looks perfect!

DSC00550.jpg

awesome_clapping.gif

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• 3 months later...

Why is it that memorial patches tend to be solid black and white? Is it some sort of tradition?

Ignoring that, if they made the memorial patch royal blue instead of black, that would look amazing.

Not complaining. It kind of pops, in the good way. A memorial patch deserves attention on a jersey for the time that it's there.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Those pins look gorgeous indeed!

Why is it that memorial patches tend to be solid black and white? Is it some sort of tradition?

Ignoring that, if they made the memorial patch royal blue instead of black, that would look amazing.

Not complaining. It kind of pops, in the good way. A memorial patch deserves attention on a jersey for the time that it's there.

Black is the color of mourning. Black is worn at funerals. I believe the first sports memorials were either black ribbons pinned to the jersey or black arm bands. Memorials have become more personal in their rememberance of the departed but still tend to be, appropriately, black.

The Mets blue BP jerseys are friggin sweet! IMO they look way better than the black alternate jersey. The black jerseys should be retired, and the blue BP jerseys should be promoted to alternate status.

Haven't there been instances where starting pitchers have chosen for the team to wear BP jerseys in place of the regulars? Do the Mets let the starting pitchers decide which jersey to wear? If so, I hope who ever starts for the Mets when they come to DC in August to play the Nationals chooses to wear blue jerseys. I will be in the park for that game, and would love to see those blue beauties in person.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived