Records You've Witnessed

LeGooo

What records have you seen broken in person?

I went to the Raiders game last weekend and saw two team records, Sebastian Janikowski broke his own record with 6 field goals made. Shane Lechler also set a record with an 80 yard punt. Last NBA season I went to the Magic vs Warriors game, and saw the Warriors set a franchise record with 21 three pointers made, and the two teams combined for a record 36 three point field goals.

What records or milestones have you witnessed?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Michael Jordan's last game in the United Center (as a player (for the wizards.))

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

*Insert every Teemu Selanne record outside of Winnipeg here* (And I'm being completely serious)

I've also seen a ton of other random Ducks records. Some I can't remember, others are obscure. I've seen almost all of them.

I've seen a couple for the Angels, but the on I remember the most was most runs in a home game with 21 against Kansas City in 2004. I sat four rows up from the dugout. It was the first game I had seen with my best bro in like 5 years. It was a good time.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Michael Vick becoming the only QB in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards.

Vick & Warrick Dunn becoming the only QB/RB duo in NFL history to both rush for 1,000 yards.

Vick breaking the rushing yards-by-a-QB playoff record.

Morten Andersen breaking the all-time scoring record in the NFL.

That's pretty much it. The Vick Era in Atlanta was pretty fun, eh?

Does this count? I saw the 1984 Tigers win the World Series. We had the worst seats in Tiger Stadium but I was there.

Let me guess where. Lower deck, a high row (closer to the concourse than the field) and near a support beam? only about 55% of Tiger Stadiums seats let you see the whole field of play.

I was at:

Bobby Bowden's first national title win (1994 Orange Bowl)

October 23, 1999:Michigan blew its then largest lead inside Michigan Stadium to Illinois.

The 1000th games for both Penn State and Michigan (different events)

Dean Smith's final game (1997 Final Four in indy against Arizona)

September 24, 1994: Washington Huskies ended Miami's 58-game home winning streak

Milestone related:

-Bobby Cox's last game (2010).

-Atlanta Thrashers last game (2011).

-Brodeur's 600th win (in a shutout) (2010).

-2000 MLB All Star Game.

-1996 World Series, game 4. I still hate Jim Leyritz.

-Last game of the 2011 season for the Braves, finalizing their epic collapse. :puke:

As for just plain memorable:

-Football game that ended 3-2: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282570344

-Beating the eventual national champions without an offensive touchdown: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262870002

-Evander Kane. LIKE A BOSS:

-Allll the Waaaaay Tuuuurnt uuuuup:

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

I've been to "stadium" milestones, but have very few records/milestones of any other importance. Man do I want to see a no-hitter...

Baseball:

2009: Last "regular season" game at the metrodome (it was a game 163 and it was a doozy).

2009: Last game at the metrodome (playoff loss to the NYY)

2010: First postseason game at Target Field (playoff loss to the NYY)

NCAA Football:

1995: Wisconsin kicker John Hall kicks a 60-yard FG at Minnesota (Just a team record I believe)

1999: Ron Dayne breaks NCAA rushing record and Wisconsin clinches outright Big Ten title.

2008: Last Minnesota game at the Metrodome (a beatdown at the hands of my graduate school alma matter, Iowa)

2009: First game at TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota)

2010: Wisconsin clinching tie for Big Ten title (and apparent Rose Bowl birth) vs. Northwestern.

NCAA Hockey:

2011: Minnesota Duluth wins NCAA Championship (In St. Paul, MN)

NBA:

1989/90: Karl Malone's 10000th point (at Metrodome during first year of T-Wolves)

NCAA Hoops:

1997/98: Last Wisconsin basketball game at the Field House

1997/98: First Wisconsin basketball game at the Kohl Center

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

November 8, 1970 at Tulane Stadium:

nfl_a_dempsey01_576.jpg

Tom Dempsey's 63-yard FG to beat the Lions, 19-17.

Growing up in New Orleans was fortunate sports-wise (even if the Saints sucked). I also saw:

- the Cowboys win their first championship (SB VI). Still have my ticket stub and a matching set of SB pennants from the game.

- the Saints win their first playoff game.

- the first game in the Superdome.

- by coincidence, what would be the last game in the Superdome before Katrina (vs. Falcons in 2004) and then the first game back after Katrina (Sept 2006).

- Oakland's punter Ray Guy hit the Superdome's hanging replay screens in the '76 Pro Bowl.

I'll always regret the one that got away. I was working at Delta Air Lines and a guy in the office had free tickets for the Braves that night. I had a date but she would've been cool going to the game. I decided no, we'd just go to whatever movie we saw (can't even remember).

Didn't miss much at Turner Field that night...

Just the 17th perfect game in MLB history.

randy-johnson-perfect-game-04-2-horizontal.jpg

DOH!!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Good "Record" I saw in person:

The first Indians game I ever saw in person was Len Barker's perfect game in 1981. My father, who for the month prior that game had shrugged off my insistent pleas to see the Tribe (having gone to Pirate games extensively as a kid), finally caved in and took me, bitching about it the whole way (as he hated Cleveland). Afterward he did something that was just as memorable to me as the game itself - he thanked me for bugging him; he'd never seen a no hitter even on TV, and I think the game was far more special for him than me.

Bad one I saw in person:

Not exactly a record that got a lot of positive attention, but... when I was a kid in 1978 (I think it was '78), I saw Willie Stargell break the all-time strikeout record, then held by Mickey Mantle. Stargell's now #6 on the list and Mantle's not even among the top 15. If my memory serves (and I may be wrong on this, as I went to a lot of Pirate games that year), it was on 29 Sep 1978 during a doubleheader with the Phillies - and oddly, the day Pope John Paul I died (it was announced during the 7th inning stretch of game one, and I remember saying to my father, "that happened last month").

nav-logo.png

I've been to exciting pro games, but nothing revolutionary. The first thing that comes to mind is a Wizards game against the Cavs, where Michael Jordan scored six points. Relevant because it was the first game since his rookie year that he scored less than ten points. And that's why Jordan's playing days in Washington are mostly ignored.

Those black Cleveland road uniforms looked awesome in person, by the way. Most NBA jerseys do.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived