New Paramount Logo

mania

That's gorgeous. I LOVE the sun in the background, just the way it's sitting and lighting the scenery makes it for me. It reminds me a lot of how the sun hits the Wasatch range here in Utah during the winter, it's a beauty of a sight. Without a doubt, a great upgrade.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Superb. I love this. I imagine in a movie theater the motion with the stars and such should be amazing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That's gorgeous. I LOVE the sun in the background, just the way it's sitting and lighting the scenery makes it for me. It reminds me a lot of how the sun hits the Wasatch range here in Utah during the winter, it's a beauty of a sight. Without a doubt, a great upgrade.

Well...

"Legend has it that the mountain is based on a doodle made by W. W. Hodkinson during a meeting with Adolph Zukor. It is said to be based on the memories of his childhood in Utah. Some claim that Utah's Ben Lomond is the mountain Hodkinson doodled, and that Peru's Artesonrajuis is the mountain in the live-action logo. Some editions of the logo bear a striking resemblance to the Pfeifferhorn, another Wasatch Range peak."

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

To me, the path of the stars in the new logo looks effed up, kind of like a balloon shape, while the old logo had the stars aligned in a nice circle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

To me, the path of the stars in the new logo looks effed up, kind of like a balloon shape, while the old logo had the stars aligned in a nice circle.

i see that now too, but it must be an optical illusion. thats a perfect circle i laid on top of the path of stars. idk, it still seems a bit off

for kicks, also measured out the proportions and layout and it follows the golden ratio pretty closely

screenshot20111215at655.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i see that now too, but it must be an optical illusion. thats a perfect circle i laid on top of the path of stars. idk, it still seems a bit off

for kicks, also measured out the proportions and layout and it follows the golden ratio pretty closely

Agreed - the shape of the mountain breaks up the star-ring to give off a false impression of it's shape.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Agreed - the shape of the mountain breaks up the star-ring to give off a false impression of it's shape.

But the weird thing is, the old logo looks like a perfect circle. If you look at the old logo, the bottom few stars are distorted, or smaller, or both. Maybe it was visually corrected to appear circular in the old one, but not in the new.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived