Sign in to follow this  
Evil Doctor

2012 World Junior Championship

Look, I hate having to be that guy, and I've been avoiding it for a while like I did with the Packer thread, but why should I care about this beyond how the Blackhawks' prospects are or aren't performing?

Look, I hate having to be that guy, and I've been avoiding it for a while like I did with the Packer thread, but why should I care about this beyond how the Blackhawks' prospects are or aren't performing?

Why even care about how your team's prospects play? It's not like a good performance in this tournament means they'll do anything in the NHL.

At least in the USA you're expected to not care. In Canada if you don't care, you're looked down on by everyone.

finland_81388.jpg

Why? :blink:

I think this is because the opposition goaltender Mrazek did this during the Czechs match against the US. Or they're just having lulz... B)

Do I have to go in every thread about a sporting event I don't care about and ask why I should care? <_<

Sweden storms all the way back against Finland to book a spot in the Gold Medal Game. And in less than an hour. Canada-Russia!

Don't look now, but Canada's down 2-0 after 1 to Russia.

This is terrible. Too many mistakes for Canada.

So yeah, Kuznetsov is pretty good.

You think :)

You think :)

Is it set the kid is coming next year yet? If not it soon will be lol

Thankfully Colorado looks to be not the worst team in the league this year. I couldn't stomach a Nail Yakupov-Evgeny Kuznetsov-Alex Ovechkin line.

I have to admit, between Mrazak getting his dose of karma yesterday and the Canadian fans getting theirs right now, this has been very enjoyable to watch.

I love our fans, especially here in Calgary. They're bloody ruthless if they want to be.

Brett Connolly is :censored: idiot. Lucky he didn't get called there.

Suddenly, Canada is back within two.

6-4 Russia, 7 mins to go in the third

What an effort. Falls short though.

All good things have to come to an end, but man...what a finish...

:flagcanada:

Strome hitting the post, with what 30 seconds left? Also what a ballsy move from the Russian coach to yank Vasilevski after the 5th goal, and putting it all on Makarov's shoulders. Paid off in the end, because I think they would have gotten a 6th on Vasilevski.

Strome hitting the post, with what 30 seconds left? Also what a ballsy move from the Russian coach to yank Vasilevski after the 5th goal, and putting it all on Makarov's shoulders. Paid off in the end, because I think they would have gotten a 6th on Vasilevski.

I think you're right, though at the time I was thinking "Yes! Cold goaltender!". Up to that point, he hadn't played a minute in the tourny.

That was...wow. Our guys came out on the losing end of it, but still, what a game.