NFL Wildcard Round

Chawls

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints need to incinerate their black pants. Seriously.

The Saints need to go to these full time. They can celebrate by using those God-awful black pants to start a bonfire or something.

Drew+Brees+Houston+Texans+v+New+Orleans+Saints+zylZ6nkSWG9l.jpg

Yes and yes. Braisher Stripes > everything else.

But in that case, the color mismatch was deliberate. If these were to become the new uniform, they could fix that.

The Broncos are having an orange out...so I guess we can see the orange uniforms tomorrow.

I think they already wore their orange alt twice this season and if so then you will probably see the blue monochrome beauty tomorrow.

There's a "blue monochrome beauty"?? They must have been hiding it the last few games while wearing that all-navy monstrosity.

The Broncos are having an orange out...so I guess we can see the orange uniforms tomorrow.

I think they already wore their orange alt twice this season and if so then you will probably see the blue monochrome beauty tomorrow.

that could be the last time, then, since the blues are about to be relegated to alternate status. No more monochrome in national games.

I'd expect them to keep the monochrome blue look as their alternate for next season.

And if the Broncos wanted to, they could wear orange for the playoffs. I think the Chargers were the last team to wear their alternates in the playoffs with their powder blues a couple years ago.

>>>>

They surely did .... in their 2008 NFL Wildcard game vs Indianapolis Colts

03-Jan-2009

09000d5d80ddb495_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d80ddb790_gallery_600.jpg

There's a "blue monochrome beauty"?? They must have been hiding it the last few games while wearing that all-navy monstrosity.

Navy is a form of blue, but there are a lot of blue monochrome beauty's. Let me see, Kentucky Wildcats, Houston Texans, Arizona WIldcats, and the Denver Broncos just to name a few...oh and how could I forget, the former Bills uniforms. No matter the color of blue I would take any of the fore mentioned sets any day over a throwback Viking uniform.

spacer.png

doesnt the nhl have a rule that if you wear the alternate in the playoffs then you have to stick with it throughout?

The NFL has the same rule. You can wear any uniform in your arsenal for the playoffs (I don't know if throwbacks are allowed though) as long as you stick with it throughout the whole playoffs. So if the Broncos wore the orange jersey today, they would have to wear it for every other home playoff game they would be in this year. As others have said, the Chargers did this in 2008 with their powder blue jersey.

jNTsTyQ.png

I love the sleeve stripes and gold pants, but they have to match the helmet or it just doesn't work for me.

I actually prefer their black pants over the gold pants in this case

Their black pants need to stay with the white jerseys as an alt pair, and nowhere else.

Wearing the mono-black with gold helmets creates a look with no balance at all. The only way that look could be somewhat palatable is with gold socks - but mono + leotard?

Horrible uniform.

spacer.png

The Saints need to incinerate their black pants. Seriously.

The Saints need to go to these full time. They can celebrate by using those God-awful black pants to start a bonfire or something.

Drew+Brees+Houston+Texans+v+New+Orleans+Saints+zylZ6nkSWG9l.jpg

If the Saints incinerate anything it needs to be those ridiculous golden mustard pants. That has to be the worst looking set of gold pants I've ever seen. They can throw those striped socks in there as well while there at it.

Archived