NFL Wildcard Round

Chawls

The Broncos are having an orange out...so I guess we can see the orange uniforms tomorrow.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos are having an orange out...so I guess we can see the orange uniforms tomorrow.

I think they already wore their orange alt twice this season and if so then you will probably see the blue monochrome beauty tomorrow.

spacer.png

They are 100% doing this in an attempt to drown-out all the Terrible Towels that normally fill "Mile High" when the Steelers come to town.

6uXNWAo.png

Just curious. Have the Texans ever worn a blue jersey/blue pants/red socks combo?

As a matter of fact. What the heck happened to their red socks? Seems like they only wear them with the red jerseys now.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I think they already wore their orange alt twice this season and if so then you will probably see the blue monochrome beauty tomorrow.

You mean the specialty look that they've worn for their last four home games now?

Thank God that thing is getting mothballed before next season. Even decent monochromes tend to get overused.

spacer.png

Hopefully that's the last time we see the Bengals in their current atrocities.

Hopefully the striped "B" logo goes away with those unis. That tiger (head) logo is way too good not to be the primary.

that could be the last time, then, since the blues are about to be relegated to alternate status. No more monochrome in national games.

Hopefully the striped "B" logo goes away with those unis. That tiger (head) logo is way too good not to be the primary.

Tiger Head is my favorite sports logo. I love how NBC uses it in all their graphics.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Agreed on NBC using the Bengal head instead of that useless 'B' logo.

But I think the Bengals would've looked much better in their white on black uniforms. The white on white just does not work with a modern uniform like that. And other than the white side-panels on the orange and black jerseys (and maybe the drop-shadow on the jerseys), I LOVE the current Bengals set. I agree that they could improve it, but they've never had a set that looked better IMO.

that could be the last time, then, since the blues are about to be relegated to alternate status. No more monochrome in national games.

Not unless they add orange pants to the fold.

Just curious. Have the Texans ever worn a blue jersey/blue pants/red socks combo?

As a matter of fact. What the heck happened to their red socks? Seems like they only wear them with the red jerseys now.

Their Road look with the blue pants and red socks is one of the top 3 road looks in the league, but they always wear blue socks with it sadly.

I'd expect them to keep the monochrome blue look as their alternate for next season.

And if the Broncos wanted to, they could wear orange for the playoffs. I think the Chargers were the last team to wear their alternates in the playoffs with their powder blues a couple years ago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Broncos are going with blue jerseys and white pants tomorrow. This is according to about 50 people who work for the team or cover them in the media.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Broncos are going with blue jerseys and white pants tomorrow. This is according to about 50 people who work for the team or cover them in the media.

I sure as hell hope so. The monochrome blue looks awful.

Wouldn't a team have to get league's permission to wear an alternate in the playoffs? And then would they have to wear them throughout the playoffs (assuming, of course, they're in a position to wear those uniforms again)?

IUe6Hvh.png

Tiger Head is my favorite sports logo. I love how NBC uses it in all their graphics.

Yeah, the B logo is terrible. Princeton did the "tiger striped letter" approach way before the Bengals... and pulled it off way better. The "B" just doesn't look right at all

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That logo MIGHT work if Cincinnati began with a "B", which it obviously doesn't.

For that matter, I've never been a fan team's using the nickname over the city as their primary abbreviation.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived