NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

OK First. Post. Ever!

I live in Australia and today is April 3rd here so technically I got it the worst.... I have to wait a whole extra day that you guys :wacko:

Just wondering what time will it be over here when the unveil is done??

Also to the guys in the know, I am a massive NO Saints fan, please tell me the golds are finally going to be matched!!!

Thanks guys

I'm a Hawthorn Hawks fan! I saw we already beat Collingwood to start the year!

I dont really follow AFL, im a Sydney boy born and raised. We follow Rugby League. Im a St George Illawarra Dragons fan. They are the Collingwood of the NRL, you either love em or you hate em.

Thats why im a Saints fan. The Dragons are also (Unofficially) know as the Saints.

I love the NFL, its my second most favorite sport behind Rugby League. I also play Baseball over here. Im a W/Sox fan.... dont hold it against me :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barassi_Line

Also this:

%7Boption%7D

You can see the feather pattern on the helmet

Gasp! Good find. I guess this is what they're saying will be used in the numbers too and in the "striping"? Interesting. Doesn't scream "feathers" to me but I can't wait to see it in use.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All 32 teams will be wearing the ?Nike Speed Machine? uniform made from state-of-the-art four-way stretch mesh that?s two times stronger than last year?s jerseys.

?If we hung a jersey on a hanger, it would look like a medium t-shirt,? O?Neill said. ?It?s amazing material. It?s a form-fitting silhouetted uniform.?

Not sure if this has already been covered or not or if its a stupid question, but will every player (including quarterbacks) have to wear these "Speed Machine" uniforms? Because if there's one thing I hate it's QB's in those really tight uniforms. It just annoys me and looks odd for some reason. Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the release tomorrow.

I'm sure it'll be similar to the Eli manning situation. The giants hav the tech fit uniforms but his obviously is looser and more of a quarterback fit. I'm sure Nike will produce some jerseys for qbs/kickers. And if not I'm sure just a slit in the cuffs will loosen the sleeves significantly

I was coming here to post the same piece. The interesting pieces I took from it were:

-all 32 teams going to the Speed Machine

-change in the shade of silver to a duller gray

-more confirmation that the 5 yr rule still exists, which makes us wonder about the Jags

Nike seems to use the same dull gray on Oklahoma State, Washington State, Oregon, and Boise State Speed Machine unis. Do we think this is what they're talking about? Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and maybe Seahawks would presumably all be making use of this same fabric/shade. Seems like a big change.

Does anyone want to do a side by side Raiders silver pants vs Oklahoma St. grey? I'm sure Raider Nation will hate if they go grey. They're the Silver and Black not Dull Grey and Black.

OakOkSt.jpg

Thanks eray, Raiders looks great and matches. OSU doesn't match the helmet and pants. I hope they don't mess w/ silver color(pants/helmets) teams.

Interesting. Can't say I'm a fan of it.

I was coming here to post the same piece. The interesting pieces I took from it were:

-more confirmation that the 5 yr rule still exists, which makes us wonder about the Jags

Nike seems to use the same dull gray on Oklahoma State, Washington State, Oregon, and Boise State Speed Machine unis. Do we think this is what they're talking about? Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and maybe Seahawks would presumably all be making use of this same fabric/shade. Seems like a big change.

Does anyone want to do a side by side Raiders silver pants vs Oklahoma St. grey? I'm sure Raider Nation will hate if they go grey. They're the Silver and Black not Dull Grey and Black.

OakOkSt.jpg

Thanks eray, Raiders looks great and matches. OSU doesn't match the helmet and pants. I hope they don't mess w/ silver color(pants/helmets) teams.

I can't imagine that Oakland would allow any changes to the helmet whatsoever, that's not at all something I'd expect from them. The question is - will the league allow them to keep Ripon as their uniform manufacturer?

9up7jm.png

OK First. Post. Ever!

I live in Australia and today is April 3rd here so technically I got it the worst.... I have to wait a whole extra day that you guys :wacko:

Also to the guys in the know, I am a massive NO Saints fan, please tell me the golds are finally going to be matched!!!

Thanks guys

I'm a Hawthorn Hawks fan! I saw we already beat Collingwood to start the year!

I dont really follow AFL, im a Sydney boy born and raised. We follow Rugby League. Im a St George Illawarra Dragons fan. They are the Collingwood of the NRL, you either love em or you hate em.

Thats why im a Saints fan. The Dragons are also (Unofficially) know as the Saints.

I love the NFL, its my second most favorite sport behind Rugby League. I also play Baseball over here. Im a W/Sox fan.... dont hold it against me :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barassi_Line

Also this:

Nike-Helmet-Tri-Blend-%28NFL-49ers%29-Mens-T-Shirt-468360_100_A.jpg?wid=1600&hei=1900&fmt=jpeg&

You can see the feather pattern on the helmet

That just looks like fishnet to me.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

OakOkSt.jpg

It's worth noting also that Nike's combo of matte gray / gray pants isn't necessarily comparable to silver / silver. Dallas and Oakland will probably look a lot like this (lazy photoshop aside)

261c6qr.png

Edit: Also, it's possible that Arkansas' uniform template could be a decent clue into how the Bengals' jerseys could be cut, and those stayed pretty standardized, so hopefully that issue is cleared up.

9up7jm.png

All 32 teams will be wearing the ?Nike Speed Machine? uniform made from state-of-the-art four-way stretch mesh that?s two times stronger than last year?s jerseys.

?If we hung a jersey on a hanger, it would look like a medium t-shirt,? O?Neill said. ?It?s amazing material. It?s a form-fitting silhouetted uniform.?

Not sure if this has already been covered or not or if its a stupid question, but will every player (including quarterbacks) have to wear these "Speed Machine" uniforms? Because if there's one thing I hate it's QB's in those really tight uniforms. It just annoys me and looks odd for some reason. Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the release tomorrow.

I'm sure it'll be similar to the Eli manning situation. The giants hav the tech fit uniforms but his obviously is looser and more of a quarterback fit. I'm sure Nike will produce some jerseys for qbs/kickers. And if not I'm sure just a slit in the cuffs will loosen the sleeves significantly

Nike has produced looser-fitting sleeves for some quarterbacks in college, but it's a lot less noticeable than in the NFL - I'll try to find some photos.

9up7jm.png

So lemme see if I got this straight...

...Teams currently with shiny sheen will be going to flat matte? Like the Jaguars did a few years back? Pardon my Barkleyese, but that's just gon' look turrible. See aforementioned Jaguars for perfect proof. It'll look especially bad for teams with metallic-finish helmets...which suddenly makes me really nervous about my Buccaneers.

Secondly...it's been said that Nike has 86'd Ripon as an official manufacturer. However, some teams (like the Raiders, not unlike the NY Yankees) will hold out. Here's mu curiosity with that: the Ripom block numbers worn by almost half the league's teams right now. Will those change some? (There is precedent for this...recall the 2002 season, the first under the Reebok contract. Go back and study the Buccaneers' jersey numbers very carefully...you'll notice they didn't look quite right.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So lemme see if I got this straight...

...Teams currently with shiny sheen will be going to flat matte? Like the Jaguars did a few years back? Pardon my Barkleyese, but that's just gon' look turrible. See aforementioned Jaguars for perfect proof. It'll look especially bad for teams with metallic-finish helmets...which suddenly makes me really nervous about my Buccaneers.

Secondly...it's been said that Nike has 86'd Ripon as an official manufacturer. However, some teams (like the Raiders, not unlike the NY Yankees) will hold out. Here's mu curiosity with that: the Ripom block numbers worn by almost half the league's teams right now. Will those change some? (There is precedent for this...recall the 2002 season, the first under the Reebok contract. Go back and study the Buccaneers' jersey numbers very carefully...you'll notice they didn't look quite right.)

I hope not, we were just thinking out loud since it seems the Seahawks will have maybe grey and not silver in their scheme. Plus nike seems to be pushing grey in college. I hope NFL rejects that idea.

It's my understanding that the duller gray replacing silver would only happen on the uniforms. I have no inside info, that is just what I've gathered from what I've heard. I could be way off or exactly right, who knows. I bet the "Silver" helmets stay but are paired with a "Gray" fabric.

Which would look like straight trash, if that happens.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

OK First. Post. Ever!

Thanks guys

A Saints fan from Australia?! Well from a fellow Who Dat, welcome!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

OK First. Post. Ever!

Thanks guys

A Saints fan from Australia?! Well from a fellow Who Dat, welcome!

Cheers mate! B)

Fans can expect some substantial alterations to other teams? uniforms

Sounds like Nike will be changing a few teams' uniforms - wonder which other teams, besides Seattle, are getting the Nike treatment.

Hoping Nike corrects the Jets (and Colts, for that matter) sleeves. Reebok butchered the hell out of those jerseys during their tenure.

To be fair, those were all designed before Reebok took over. They were made by Ripon and tailored by team staff, so any butchering of Jets game jerseys is not totally the fault of Reebok.

I would also expect Ripon's block lettering and numerals to be replaced by Nike/Powers' standard block lettering and numerals.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I would also expect Ripon's block lettering and numerals to be replaced by Nike/Powers' standard block lettering and numerals.

Just to make sure I'm tracking...is that the type of block we see with several of college teams now (Clemson, Missouri, Arkansas, Pitt)? Or if not, might you have an example somewhere to show?

Archived