NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Regardless of what comes out tomorrow, I really have to commend both the NFL and Nike for keeping everything under wraps. Hardly anything has leaked at all (beyond the Dolphins and Jags, one of which we knew would look exactly the same). They've done a great job at keeping it completely secretive until the launch.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was coming here to post the same piece. The interesting pieces I took from it were:

-all 32 teams going to the Speed Machine

-change in the shade of silver to a duller gray

-more confirmation that the 5 yr rule still exists, which makes us wonder about the Jags

I think the Jags are good, they aren't redesigning, if the leaked pictures are any indication, they are just releasing an alternate. I think the only thing we can take away is that the rumored black jersey, will not be the primary.

I was coming here to post the same piece. The interesting pieces I took from it were:

-more confirmation that the 5 yr rule still exists, which makes us wonder about the Jags

I think the Jags are good, they aren't redesigning, if the leaked pictures are any indication, they are just releasing an alternate. I think the only thing we can take away is that the rumored black jersey, will not be the primary.

I know, I was simply taking the article at face value for what was said. For all we know, the Jags could have a modified Speed Machine template or something of the sorts.

Regardless of what comes out tomorrow, I really have to commend both the NFL and Nike for keeping everything under wraps. Hardly anything has leaked at all (beyond the Dolphins and Jags, one of which we knew would look exactly the same). They've done a great job at keeping it completely secretive until the launch.

Because you said that, the leaks will start pouring in within the hour.

spacer.png

So when we buy replicas, primer, authentic jerseys will they still have sleeves or will it be that speed machine crap?

Nike's fan jerseys are a different material than their game jerseys, and they have full sleeves. Like Oklahoma State wears the Speed Machine template, but thier replica looks like this:

thumb.jpg

spacer.png

So when we buy replicas, primer, authentic jerseys will they still have sleeves or will it be that speed machine crap?

Nike's fan jerseys are a different material than their game jerseys, and they have full sleeves. Like Oklahoma State wears the Speed Machine template, but thier replica looks like this:

thumb.jpg

Sleeves look fine but the mesh starting at the mid gut looks awful.

All 32 teams will be wearing the ?Nike Speed Machine? uniform made from state-of-the-art four-way stretch mesh that?s two times stronger than last year?s jerseys.

?If we hung a jersey on a hanger, it would look like a medium t-shirt,? O?Neill said. ?It?s amazing material. It?s a form-fitting silhouetted uniform.?

Not sure if this has already been covered or not or if its a stupid question, but will every player (including quarterbacks) have to wear these "Speed Machine" uniforms? Because if there's one thing I hate it's QB's in those really tight uniforms. It just annoys me and looks odd for some reason. Anyways I'm greatly looking forward to the release tomorrow.

Im sorry I'm not a Pats fan at all at but their current look is some of their best looks in there history IMO

If it weren't for the Bengals, the Patriots would have the absolute worst uniforms in the league. They were a mismatched, overpiped mess when they came out and look even worse now.

But you have proven that you have an extreme view of uniforms and fashion. You think the Patriots are an overpiped mess, yet your concepts suggest you like random areas of colors and patterns on jerseys, the louder the better.

I try to put meaning behind the elements I use in my concepts. There's no real rhyme or reason to the Patriots' ugly number font that they ripped off from Northwestern, awkward shoulder stripes, or unnecessary side paneling. It's a generic design that could work for just about any team (and be ugly no matter what).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Jaguars Equipment manager has said from the start the Jaguars will use the speed machine template and have the same design besides from stripe fixing from Nike this season. He also said before the end of last year and before the sale of the team they would be getting black alternates for 2012 season. After the team was sold the new owner wanted to change the uniforms for the 2012 season they even met with Nike at the Super Bowl. The equipment manager then said that it was too late for a redesign for the upcoming season. The owner stated on the radio that the Jaguars will be getting the first full makeover by Nike and will be the flagship team for Nike and uniform design.(his words) He also stated that black will be the new primary jersey color and teal would be the 3rd/alternate color. The only thing Im not sure of is if they are using those black jerseys I posted in the other thread as their primary this season. The Jaguars switched to what they wear now in 2009 along with the 49ers and Lions.

Speed Machine is the sweatgut template? Booo. It always looks so silly when the odd-shaped belly of the jersey is a different color from the rest...and there's no way I will ever wear a jersey with the sweatgut.

Nike seems to use the same dull gray on Oklahoma State, Washington State, Oregon, and Boise State Speed Machine unis. Do we think this is what they're talking about? Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and maybe Seahawks would presumably all be making use of this same fabric/shade. Seems like a big change.

OK First. Post. Ever!

I live in Australia and today is April 3rd here so technically I got it the worst.... I have to wait a whole extra day that you guys :wacko:

Just wondering what time will it be over here when the unveil is done??

Also to the guys in the know, I am a massive NO Saints fan, please tell me the golds are finally going to be matched!!!

Thanks guys

OK First. Post. Ever!

I live in Australia and today is April 3rd here so technically I got it the worst.... I have to wait a whole extra day that you guys :wacko:

Also to the guys in the know, I am a massive NO Saints fan, please tell me the golds are finally going to be matched!!!

Thanks guys

I'm a Hawthorn Hawks fan! I saw we already beat Collingwood to start the year!

Nike seems to use the same dull gray on Oklahoma State, Washington State, Oregon, and Boise State Speed Machine unis. Do we think this is what they're talking about? Patriots, Raiders, Cowboys, Lions, Panthers, and maybe Seahawks would presumably all be making use of this same fabric/shade. Seems like a big change.

Does anyone want to do a side by side Raiders silver pants vs Oklahoma St. grey? I'm sure Raider Nation will hate if they go grey. They're the Silver and Black not Dull Grey and Black.

OK First. Post. Ever!

Thanks guys

I dont really follow AFL, im a Sydney boy born and raised. We follow Rugby League. Im a St George Illawarra Dragons fan. They are the Collingwood of the NRL, you either love em or you hate em.

Thats why im a Saints fan. The Dragons are also (Unofficially) know as the Saints.

I love the NFL, its my second most favorite sport behind Rugby League. I also play Baseball over here. Im a W/Sox fan.... dont hold it against me :grin:

OK First. Post. Ever!

Thanks guys

I dont really follow AFL, im a Sydney boy born and raised. We follow Rugby League. Im a St George Illawarra Dragons fan. They are the Collingwood of the NRL, you either love em or you hate em.

Thats why im a Saints fan. The Dragons are also (Unofficially) know as the Saints.

I love the NFL, its my second most favorite sport behind Rugby League. I also play Baseball over here. Im a W/Sox fan.... dont hold it against me :grin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barassi_Line

Also this:

Nike-Helmet-Tri-Blend-%28NFL-49ers%29-Mens-T-Shirt-468360_100_A.jpg?wid=1600&hei=1900&fmt=jpeg&

You can see the feather pattern on the helmet

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Does anyone want to do a side by side Raiders silver pants vs Oklahoma St. grey? I'm sure Raider Nation will hate if they go grey. They're the Silver and Black not Dull Grey and Black.

OakOkSt.jpg

Archived