College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love both the former Army uniform (gold-gray-gold triple striple, single color block numbers) as well as the newest Nike offering as posted above. I think the optimal solution would be to use the traditional uniforms as the primary option and utilize combat-dress inspired uniforms for the Army-Navy game each season (essentially what they've been doing, but just revert to the previous uniforms full-time).

Caleb%20Campbell.jpg

I love both the former Army uniform (gold-gray-gold triple striple, single color block numbers) as well as the newest Nike offering as posted above. I think the optimal solution would be to use the traditional uniforms as the primary option and utilize combat-dress inspired uniforms for the Army-Navy game each season (essentially what they've been doing, but just revert to the previous uniforms full-time).

Caleb%20Campbell.jpg

I think these jersey are GREAT! They should use these full time, but like you said Army-Navy throw something important in there. The only thing is use these stenciled numbers. They are so awesome and fit beautifully with Army's identity.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Caleb%20Campbell.jpg

I think these jersey are GREAT! They should use these full time, but like you said Army-Navy throw something important in there. The only thing is use these stenciled numbers. They are so awesome and fit beautifully with Army's identity.

I agree the new numbers with this style would rock!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Have we seen these yet? Are they even real?

ill.png

Isn't that the Adidas photo shoot template? If so, then no.

No, that's a Nike image. You can see the Pro Combat template's lines.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ill.png

Rutgers also getting new threads LINK

That is wILL-INI's concept. The helmets are at least being considered. Illinois has made mock ups of these exact helmets. Coach Beckman wants new uniforms too, but they don't know if there is enough time to get them for next year. If they do get new uniforms, I assume they'll look very similar, if not exactly the same as these.

First time I've seen those, but I loved wILL-INI's concept on here. I was a fan of most of the helmets that have been seen recently, and it would be amazing if they did go with these uniforms. If this were a real Nike mockup, I think we'd see a blue jersey though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

ill.png

Rutgers also getting new threads LINK

Wow... I had essentially this idea in mind for an Illini concept (I would've executed the shoulder zags a little differently though). I hope they go with it!

EDIT: Oh, that's wILL-INI's work? Well, great job... the Illini should use it! :D

Not sure if those are real or not. Even the real ones in that template (incl. Oregon) look like PSs to me.

TCU Football put this on their facebook page last week:

430051_402016279813102_161980173816715_1761479_944075851_n.jpg

That's gotta be as fake as an honest politician....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Not sure if those are real or not. Even the real ones in that template (incl. Oregon) look like PSs to me.

Very well could be. As I said before, it's hard for me to tell since even the real ones look fake.

The thing that stands out the msot to me is the cartoon frog on the hip. It should be on the right hip. A swoosh is on the left hip of the speed machine pants.

Even if it was possible to use the Chief logo, I don't think it would look very good. I think it's just a little too detailed to work effectively as a helmet logo. There's a reason they never put it on the helmets when they had the chance.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I remember hearing rumors about Texas getting new uniforms and we would see them during the spring. Well, I have been to some practices and hadn't seen anything new...until yesterday. Kenny Vaccarro was wearing one of the new uniforms that Oregon wore in the Rose bowl.

Check out the Chain Maille Mesh on the name plate.

6821743434_a271f0a070_o.jpg

rose-bowl-uniforms-2012.jpg

He wasn't wearing them in the earliest spring practices, but I'm not sure if the 8th was the first day he had.

Also, some guys testing out the Nike Pro Combat Speed Machine pants in the new pics from yesterday's practice: http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/view.gal?id=116094

They are the pants with a swoosh on the heft hip instead of right hip.

Aren't those the uniforms they wore last year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived