College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those SDSU helmets...

Left side: KILL IT WITH FIRE

Center: Add some black to the logo and it'll look great

Right side: That's their standard helmet, right?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah, that doesn't look like a photoshop or anything...

It's certainly awesome-looking, but I'm pretty sure it's just a fan concept.

That has to be the fifth time someone has posted that Mizzou helmet. And every time people freak out think its real. It's fake.

I was pretty excited to click that link and see something new, but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Did any of you actually read the article?

Anyway, it's a shame that this kid won't take Nike and the Mizzou football program to task for possibly lifting his design. Apparently, all he wants is recognition if what he's heard is true and the helmet indeed does look 'shockingly similar' to his work. Design is devalued again.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

When Mizzou (or any other school) decides they're going to update their branding, do they tell Nike to come up with X alternatives and they pick the one they like most, or are any designs submitted by the schools themselves?

And it's not like his design is anything groundbreaking...it's their logo in a template Nike has done previously (Boise).

When Mizzou (or any other school) decides they're going to update their branding, do they tell Nike to come up with X alternatives and they pick the one they like most, or are any designs submitted by the schools themselves?

And it's not like his design is anything groundbreaking...it's their logo in a template Nike has done previously (Boise).

This.

Even if the helmet is similar to his, I don't think he can make any claim that it's his design. He didn't make the logo and wasn't the first to make a large decal. Nike probably would (and probably did) do the same thing without seeing his design. Now if the helmet is the exact same thing (logo, stripes, small M, same color treatment) and Nike DID take it...then yeah give him credit. But right now...he is just a guy who did a concept

If SDSU got rid of that weird blood-camo pattern on the left helmet, it could have potential. Call me crazy, but I actually like the matte helmets. Not for everyone, but here and there they look good, and they could look really good in that deep red SD uses.

TDZiMMB.png

Anyway, it's a shame that this kid won't take Nike and the Mizzou football program to task for possibly lifting his design. Apparently, all he wants is recognition if what he's heard is true and the helmet indeed does look 'shockingly similar' to his work. Design is devalued again.

His design? He took the logo that Mizzou already owned and just made it bigger on a helmet. If anything, Mizzou should tell him to stop infringing on their logos.

His design? He took the logo that Mizzou already owned and just made it bigger on a helmet. If anything, Mizzou should tell him to stop infringing on their logos.

THIS

Yeah, that doesn't look like a photoshop or anything...

It's certainly awesome-looking, but I'm pretty sure it's just a fan concept.

That has to be the fifth time someone has posted that Mizzou helmet. And every time people freak out think its real. It's fake.

I was pretty excited to click that link and see something new, but I guess that was just wishful thinking.

Yea, I read the article. What I meant was that I was hoping to see one of their new helmets, not the concept that has been seen everywhere for the last couple months. There's good info in it, just nothing new as far as pictures go.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived