College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

On 4/2/2012 at 0:30 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

These will be worn for the spring game in a few weeks.

So what do the three lines below the collar mean? Is it something military or school related? My reaction was "second Adidas advertisement", which would be incredibly lame.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what do the three lines below the collar mean? Is it something military or school related? My reaction was "second Adidas advertisement", which would be incredibly lame.

I don't know. I don't believe its anything military or school related. My thought was the same as yours that it may be a second Adidas ad. It may just be some twist ties to hold it to cardboard for packing. We'll see if they appear on other Adidas school's practice unis.

My money is on its another Adidas ad... And for the record, I think the circle SEC logo they have there looks better than the triangle football one that is actually worn by SEC schools on gameday.

Definitely agree on that. The circle logo is so much nicer.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

My money is on its another Adidas ad... And for the record, I think the circle SEC logo they have there looks better than the triangle football one that is actually worn by SEC schools on gameday.

Kentucky basketball was wearing the circle SEC, is it possible football will be wearing it this year?

9dfaeb7f.jpg

I believe all Adidas practice jerseys have those three lines.

Kentucky basketball was wearing the circle SEC, is it possible football will be wearing it this year?

No, all SEC schools have worn the circle in sports other than football since 2008. The logo inside the pennant will remain for football, as it does for most other conferences.

A&M always good for a laugh. I can't think of another instance of football practice jerseys bearing a conference logo. I would comment more than that, but I will resist for now in an effort to keep thie thread on topic.

And I can't think of another instance of a team's practice uniform being pro combat game quality jerseys. Texas has their recruiting tactics and A&M has theirs. I fail to see a difference.

9dfaeb7f.jpg

I believe all Adidas practice jerseys have those three lines.

Talk about logo creep.

Appears Nebraska will be the latest to join the alternate uniform craze.

Nebraska plans to wear an alternate uniform for one home football game this season, though athletic director Tom Osborne says the design won't diverge much from the Cornhuskers' traditional look.

Osborne said Monday the design has not been finalized. He couldn't offer any details other than that the uniforms would be "futuristic" but "not outlandish."

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Nebraska plans to wear an alternate uniform for one home football game this season, though athletic director Tom Osborne says the design won't diverge much from the Cornhuskers' traditional look.

Osborne said Monday the design has not been finalized. He couldn't offer any details other than that the uniforms would be "futuristic" but "not outlandish."

Wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere along the lines of what Adidas did for Michigan last year.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere along the lines of what Adidas did for Michigan last year.

Would totally be down with something like that.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

1196092602_6855c46e83_o.png

According to EA Sports...Oklahoma State will have a pro combat uni next year.

pc.png

I don't think we should rely on that at all. Typically they put the previous year's Pro Combats into the game. Michigan isn't even a Nike school, and Army, UGA, and Oregon all fit the criteria for last year's Pro Combats. Not sure what's going on with Okie State.

pc.png

There's one problem with that. Michigan is an Adidas School, hence, no Pro combats for them.

*edit, aawagner011 beat me to it

pc.png

That also says Michigan will have one. Michigan is an adidas school therefore its impossible for them to have a pro combat uniform. I would not put too much into what EA sports is saying right now.

Edit: :censored: two other people beat me to it.

pc.png

I don't think we should rely on that at all. Typically they put the previous year's Pro Combats into the game. Michigan isn't even a Nike school, and Army, UGA, and Oregon all fit the criteria for last year's Pro Combats. Not sure what's going on with Okie State.

Sorry guys....they say Michigan STATE on the video I watched and they did wear a PC last year forgot to mention that. So I just don't know what's up with Oklahoma State. Maybe they meant Boise State or something.

If this uniform is the one I think it is, Osborne's comment is pretty off-base.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived