College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

According to EA Sports...Oklahoma State will have a pro combat uni next year.

pc.png

I don't think we should rely on that at all. Typically they put the previous year's Pro Combats into the game. Michigan isn't even a Nike school, and Army, UGA, and Oregon all fit the criteria for last year's Pro Combats. Not sure what's going on with Okie State.

Oregon has never particpated in the pro comabt rivlary uniforms. They got new uniforms in the bowl, but that is different (and those were an ever newer uniform than the PCR uniforms worn by Michigan State, Georgia, etc..)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pc.png

I don't think we should rely on that at all. Typically they put the previous year's Pro Combats into the game. Michigan isn't even a Nike school, and Army, UGA, and Oregon all fit the criteria for last year's Pro Combats. Not sure what's going on with Okie State.

Oregon has never particpated in the pro comabt rivlary uniforms. They got new uniforms in the bowl, but that is different (and those were an ever newer uniform than the PCR uniforms worn by Michigan State, Georgia, etc..)

Oregon vs LSU Cowboy Stadium?

lmj.jpg

pc.png

lmj.jpg

Yes. This was Oregon's Pro Combat uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Appears Nebraska will be the latest to join the alternate uniform craze.

Nebraska plans to wear an alternate uniform for one home football game this season, though athletic director Tom Osborne says the design won't diverge much from the Cornhuskers' traditional look.

Osborne said Monday the design has not been finalized. He couldn't offer any details other than that the uniforms would be "futuristic" but "not outlandish."

Wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere along the lines of what Adidas did for Michigan last year.

If this uniform is the one I think it is, Osborne's comment is pretty off-base.

Can you shed some light on what you mean? What is he off-base on? They aren't futuristic or they aren't outlandish? Also, in another part of the article he indicated the design isn't complete? Do tell, I am very intrigued. And please please please tell me there is no black in it!!

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

pc.png

Sorry guys....they say Michigan STATE on the video I watched and they did wear a PC last year forgot to mention that. So I just don't know what's up with Oklahoma State. Maybe they meant Boise State or something.

Maybe it'll be one of their gray/black combos. I don't know, just guessing.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Nebraska plans to wear an alternate uniform for one home football game this season, though athletic director Tom Osborne says the design won't diverge much from the Cornhuskers' traditional look.

Osborne said Monday the design has not been finalized. He couldn't offer any details other than that the uniforms would be "futuristic" but "not outlandish."

Wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere along the lines of what Adidas did for Michigan last year.

Can you shed some light on what you mean? What is he off-base on? They aren't futuristic or they aren't outlandish? Also, in another part of the article he indicated the design isn't complete? Do tell, I am very intrigued. And please please please tell me there is no black in it!!

Isn't Nebraska sometimes called the "Blackshirts"? I'm guessing black jerseys with red numbers.

Isn't Nebraska sometimes called the "Blackshirts"? I'm guessing black jerseys with red numbers.

The starting defense is called the blackshirts, but not the whole team. I really hope they don't go with black.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

The starting defense is called the blackshirts, but not the whole team. I really hope they don't go with black.

Thank you. I was thinking I was the only one who doesn't want to see the jerseys being black, since it represents the starters on D and not the whole team.

If it hasn't been posted here before, BYU apparently has black Pro Combats this next year:

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

First, they* began to use a navy similar to Utah State, and now they* have a one-off black alternate like Utah. It's getting pretty hard to be objective and say that they aren't--ahem--taking trendy uniform cues from their 2 closest (in-state) rivals.

*Either them, or Nike's doing it for them.

If it hasn't been posted here before, BYU apparently has black Pro Combats this next year:

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

First, they* began to use a navy similar to Utah State, and now they* have a one-off black alternate like Utah. It's getting pretty hard to be objective and say that they aren't--ahem--taking trendy uniform cues from their 2 closest (in-state) rivals.

Keep reaching for some feeble attempt to rip on BYU...seems that's all Aggie fans can do. Just to remind you, BYU's original colors were a dark/navy blue and white before they at some point went to the royal. So the return to the dark/Navy is in NO WAY a copy of Utah St. As for the all-black alternate, that's a Nike special for sure and they must have had to do some serious convincing of Bronco to get that OKed by him. Guarantee you that BYU takes no uniform cues from Utah or Utah St. (BTW- Only Aggie fans consider it a rivalry, to us BYU faithful there is only 1 in-state rival and they where Crimson)

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

If i'm not mistaken the black symbolizes the ink used in the book of mormon...

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

If i'm not mistaken the black symbolizes the ink used in the book of mormon.

And every other book or publication in the history of the world.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Northwestern? Does not fall within the BYU brand at all. If only schools were more cognitive of the moves going around them....they would shy away from these generic and uninspried decisions on uniform designs.

Um....

4848730.jpg

They've had that style for years.

That said, yeah...the black-out thing is just "ugh". But i guess better that than a full-blown anthracite outfit...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

pc.png

lmj.jpg

Yes. This was Oregon's Pro Combat uniform.

Eh, sort of.

In the 2010-2011 bowl saeason, Nike picked 4 schools to highlight their new cleat technology: Oregon, TCU, Boise State and Florida. Nike made home and away uniforms for each team (but obviously they needed only 1). TCU was a late addition by Nike since they were having such a great season, so their uniform only consisted of a new shirt (black home, white away) and the pants and helmet they had worn as part of the pro combat rivlary program vs. Oregon State. Florida's uniforms were their usual, but on the new Nike template.

Oregon wore their away version in the National Championship game and wore the home version vs. LSU. Boise, likewise, wore the home version in the Las Vegas Bowl and then wore the away version vs. Georgia.

:sarcasm:

I like BYU's new Northwestern uniforms.

Also, never noticed it before, but they need to fix the helmet. The pants and jersey stripes are unique to BYU, so why only a double stripe on this helmet? Silly.

4848730.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

:sarcasm:

I like BYU's new Northwestern uniforms.

Also, never noticed it before, but they need to fix the helmet. The pants and jersey stripes are unique to BYU, so why only a double stripe on this helmet? Silly.

4848730.jpg

I don't see a need for all the stripes to match. BYU have had double stripes for years and three stripes of the same color on a helmet would look bad.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived