College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

:sarcasm:

I like BYU's new Northwestern uniforms.

Also, never noticed it before, but they need to fix the helmet. The pants and jersey stripes are unique to BYU, so why only a double stripe on this helmet? Silly.

4848730.jpg

I don't see a need for all the stripes to match. BYU have had double stripes for years and three stripes of the same color on a helmet would look bad.

Amen! War Eagle!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a Nebraska fan, i dont want to see them do anything with black. but its an easy solution. they want to do an alternate for attention and merch sales, well their color palette is prime for the addition of black. or grey. i wouldnt mind seeing a throwback though. but im glad its an Adidas school, i trust them with this much more than Nike or anyone else

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

:sarcasm:

I like BYU's new Northwestern uniforms.

Also, never noticed it before, but they need to fix the helmet. The pants and jersey stripes are unique to BYU, so why only a double stripe on this helmet? Silly.

4848730.jpg

As a Nebraska fan, you really shouldn't be complaining about helmet stripes not matching the jersey or pant stripes. Since 1970 Nebraska's helmet striping has never matched it's jersey or pant striping!

The TCU helmet is most likely a leak from HGI. If it's legit and not just a concept, kudos to TCU for merging some of their best looks together.

The original Grey helmet with Black and Blood Red stripe will always be the best helmet ever worn at TCU IMO...

as a Nebraska fan, i dont want to see them do anything with black. but its an easy solution. they want to do an alternate for attention and merch sales, well their color palette is prime for the addition of black. or grey. i wouldnt mind seeing a throwback though. but im glad its an Adidas school, i trust them with this much more than Nike or anyone else

If by easy you mean lazy then I agree. I hope they get more creative than just adding black.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

not sure if legit, but seems like it would be hard to fake:

IMG_3307.jpg

It looks like the decal is too far forward or close to the facemask. Maybe it's the ridges in the design of the helmet that force it to be up there.

The TCU equipment managers are probably just a bit better at placing the decal than the company that paints the helmet. The TCU guys have done a good job with sticker placement on Revo Speeds in the past.

If it hasn't been posted here before, BYU apparently has black Pro Combats this next year:

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

First, they* began to use a navy similar to Utah State, and now they* have a one-off black alternate like Utah. It's getting pretty hard to be objective and say that they aren't--ahem--taking trendy uniform cues from their 2 closest (in-state) rivals.

*Either them, or Nike's doing it for them.

If i'm not mistaken the black symbolizes the ink used in the book of mormon...

Ehh...that might be a stretch. I could see it maybe...maybe symbolizing the traditional color of the Book of Mormon's cover, but even then, the book nowadays is printed in covers of many colors (for example, mine has a black cover whereas my brother's has a burgundy one).

I'm honestly not sure why BYU would trot out a black alternate...but at the same time, are we sure this isn't a dark navy with royal stripes? That might actually be kind of cool. That said, I've hoped BYU would try out a Pro Combat for some time...and if this is by chance it, it's pretty underwhelming. Lots of better design ideas/themes they could have explored (inspiration from the prominent Wasatch Mtn. Range, or specifically Mt. Timpanogos, comes to mind).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If it hasn't been posted here before, BYU apparently has black Pro Combats this next year:

ApgRtxVCMAANl0C.jpg

First, they* began to use a navy similar to Utah State, and now they* have a one-off black alternate like Utah. It's getting pretty hard to be objective and say that they aren't--ahem--taking trendy uniform cues from their 2 closest (in-state) rivals.

*Either them, or Nike's doing it for them.

If i'm not mistaken the black symbolizes the ink used in the book of mormon...

Ehh...that might be a stretch. I could see it maybe...maybe symbolizing the traditional color of the Book of Mormon's cover, but even then, the book nowadays is printed in covers of many colors (for example, mine has a black cover whereas my brother's has a burgundy one).

I'm honestly not sure why BYU would trot out a black alternate...but at the same time, are we sure this isn't a dark navy with royal stripes? That might actually be kind of cool. That said, I've hoped BYU would try out a Pro Combat for some time...and if this is by chance it, it's pretty underwhelming. Lots of better design ideas/themes they could have explored (inspiration from the prominent Wasatch Mtn. Range, or specifically Mt. Timpanogos, comes to mind).

Remember, it could be "pro combat" (fit and material) without being pro combat rivalry (fit, material and crazy school specific design).

I heard from someone that during a spring football press confernce for UAB new Head coach Garrick McGee adv that the UAB helmets will change. It's suppose to have the same UAB and dragon head logo on it, but they will changing the color of helmet to the shiny gold like Notre Dame and they will be a change in the uniforms as well, but no pics as of yet on anything.

not sure if legit, but seems like it would be hard to fake:

IMG_3307.jpg

Wow... gorgeous! Curious to see how it'll hold up in a game though (assuming this is indeed legit).

Remember, it could be "pro combat" (fit and material) without being pro combat rivalry (fit, material and crazy school specific design).

Well, BYU is already moving to the Speed Machine template.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New Alt helmet for Harvard

Matte-Black-Harvard-Helmet-1.jpg

Details here

Great...the Harvard Black. <_<

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I heard from someone that during a spring football press confernce for UAB new Head coach Garrick McGee adv that the UAB helmets will change. It's suppose to have the same UAB and dragon head logo on it, but they will changing the color of helmet to the shiny gold like Notre Dame and they will be a change in the uniforms as well, but no pics as of yet on anything.

They need to.. that Denver Broncos template is about worn out. And with a dragon mascot? I've seen some fantastic concepts using dragon scales and UAB would be wise to think about that

Well, BYU is already moving to the Speed Machine template.

True, but that doesn't affect my statement. Speed Machine can be pro combat and not pro combat rivalry.

Blackshirts? that is a school trademark right lol

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Archived