College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why so hostile?

Because critiquing of Nike anything is subjective around here. No matter what they do people complain.

Well...yeah. Subjective discussion is the very foundation for this forum. I think every member here knows this. The important to remember is to stick to your own opinion whilst respecting the differing opinions of others. :)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

if theres anything to learn from the last few pages its that Nike needs to work on their product naming. having 2 different products with the same name (uniform template and uniform design series) has obviously caused some confusion.

That's no longer an issue. The newest Nike template is called the Speed Machine.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

IN ACTUAL UNIFORM NEWS

It looks like Southern Miss is getting 1969-1971 throwbacks this year.

USMjerseys1.jpg

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You people have idiotic comments every day about how dumb Nike is, even though they're one of the biggest companies in the world. So they're obviously doing something right.

They're doing what every other successful mega-conglomerate is doing: Promising impressionable people the world, then delivering as little as possible while charging as much as possible, then using all that money to promise the world all over again and repeat the cycle.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

IN ACTUAL UNIFORM NEWS

USMjerseys1.jpg

Looks good. But shouldn't they wear a home shirt?

Ahem.

lsutigersfootball.jpg

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

if theres anything to learn from the last few pages its that Nike needs to work on their product naming. having 2 different products with the same name (uniform template and uniform design series) has obviously caused some confusion.

That's no longer an issue. The newest Nike template is called the Speed Machine.

Eh, Speed Machine is a template that uses Pro Combat materials and base layers. And the Pro Combat Rivalry program still exists.

IN ACTUAL UNIFORM NEWS

USMjerseys1.jpg

Ahem.

lsutigersfootball.jpg

True, but Southern Miss traditionally wears black at home.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

IN ACTUAL UNIFORM NEWS

USMjerseys1.jpg

Ahem.

lsutigersfootball.jpg

True, but Southern Miss traditionally wears black at home.

They may wear it early in the season when it's warm.

Eh, Speed Machine is a template that uses Pro Combat materials and base layers. And the Pro Combat Rivalry program still exists.

True. Pro combat refers specifically to Nike's line of padded baselayer elements. They weren't the first to make them, nor are they the best item in that category on the market, in my opinion. I think the items made by McDavid, the originator of the padded undergarment, are superior. McDavid actually still maintains a domestic factory to produce its goods, which is almost unheard of in this day and age. Pro Combat is not made using a proprietary material (there are almost none these days). I find it funny that Nike has revolutionized the visual culture of college football through the marketing of a line of underwear.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

True. Pro combat refers specifically to Nike's line of padded baselayer elements. They weren't the first to make them, nor are they the best item in that category on the market, in my opinion. I think the items made by McDavid, the originator of the padded undergarment, are superior. McDavid actually still maintains a domestic factory to produce its goods, which is almost unheard of in this day and age. Pro Combat is not made using a proprietary material (there are almost none these days). I find it funny that Nike has revolutionized the visual culture of college football through the marketing of a line of underwear.

Has anyone heard if/when Nike will release their 2012 rivalry uniforms? I think some schools have been identified.

I know Ohio State is definitely getting one. They signed on to a 4 year deal. Other than that I dont know whos getting them. As for the release date, they usually release them around the begging of the season.

This post contains 4 facts, 1 opinion based on experience (that is in no way biased toward adidas) and 1 observation that gives Nike a pat on the back for its marketing prowess. Give it a rest.

Came across this photo a few days ago, but on second look, I can't tell if the baby is sitting on a new Illinois jersey or whether it's a blanket. It looks like it may be a jersey, debunking the rumor that the Illini had to wait until 2013 to get new jerseys.

illini-football-new-helmet-20.jpg

It's the same jersey. Here's another picture from the photograper's website.

http://allmyheartphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=1YY30003000139

Archived