Mets Dugout Jacket

The Fonz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this on eBay, I'd seen something similar up there about a month ago. Could this be the pullover to go with this year's dugout jacket?

2012 Pullover?

No.

I agree. Something doesn't look quite right to me, can't seem to put my finger on it though.

There's no MLB logo anywhere the jacket. Not the back neck nor the tag itself. Not saying it's a fake Majestic jacket, but it's not on-field, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just saw this on eBay, I'd seen something similar up there about a month ago. Could this be the pullover to go with this year's dugout jacket?

2012 Pullover?

No.

I agree. Something doesn't look quite right to me, can't seem to put my finger on it though.

There's no MLB logo anywhere the jacket. Not the back neck nor the tag itself. Not saying it's a fake Majestic jacket, but it's not on-field, either.

It's not even the current style of gamer jacket, it is the past style which can be found blank at various sporting goods stores. It appears that someone got a blank gamer jacket customized with a mets logo.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• 3 weeks later...

It's crap that the logo is outlined in white on the bp cap but nowhere else. Either drop the white (preferably) or add it to the jacket and shorts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

To me it just doesn't look right. The blue is more like the standardized lighter blue they seem to have used the last few years that never matched the blue on the caps or socks. I understand that different fabrics arent going to match perfectly but theres a reason they have the different color values to translate into a reasonable match. Paging Dr. ColorWerx...

mets.png

Isn't that the Majesticd pullover half-zip jacket and not the true full zip dugout jacket? Not that it will probably matter, since they'll just put the same logo/outline on both anyway.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Isn't that the Majesticd pullover half-zip jacket and not the true full zip dugout jacket? Not that it will probably matter, since they'll just put the same logo/outline on both anyway.

it is the convertible jacket, but like you said, bouj, it won't matter.

super, super excited about this!

sig2024.png

• 1 month later...

pMLB2-11817247dt.jpg

No surprises, basically the same as the pullover

Even setting aside the lack of black, that's a lovely jacket. See what happens when you resist the temptation to play with inserts and panels?

I've never owned a jacket like that but that is damn tempting...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

In the opposite direction from cap logos on jackets, I think the White Sox' jacket would look cool with the late '80s White Sox script on it:

lrnBD.jpg

Quick and very dirty trace. I just think it would be good to have a full name script somewhere in the system like the Yankees do. It kinda looks like something you'd buy from Wal-Mart, but that's probably because we're not used to it, and all things considered, at least it's not Brush Script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In the opposite direction from cap logos on jackets, I think the White Sox' jacket would look cool with the late '80s White Sox script on it:

lrnBD.jpg

Quick and very dirty trace. I just think it would be good to have a full name script somewhere in the system like the Yankees do. It kinda looks like something you'd buy from Wal-Mart, but that's probably because we're not used to it, and all things considered, at least it's not Brush Script.

I agree with you in general. I like the Yankees' and Tigers' jackets using the script. However, my dislike for that White Sox script aside, I don't think it works for them because they already have a different logo/wordmark which spells out the team name, even if it's an abbreviated version. You can get away with unrelated wordmarks when your jerseys have your primary mark city initials on them, but not when they have a different versions of the team name.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Hmm. That makes sense. I'd still like to see it, though. Better that than the wordmark which shows up from time to time, which isn't really suited to anything on-field.

wC717.jpg

I'd like this for the Tigers' jackets, home and away. So there's orange being worn at home, oh well.

The Cubs' "Cuba" script is good for the farm teams, not so much for the actual one, even though it currently resembles a farm team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived