The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I've never liked about the Panthers uniforms is that they have three colors (black, silver, Panther blue). This is one of my pet peeves -- when teams have three, not just one or two, colors. The OK City Thunder do it, the Jaguars do it, the Devil Rays used to do it, etc. I don't know why teams don't just go with two colors. I know it's a recent thing with newer teams, but I just don't like it. Am I off-base for thinking this way? If the Panthers didn't have to deal with the silver, I think a uniform design would be much easier. Just the black and Panther blue would look great.

I like the size of the logo on this surely fake helmet. Bigger is better in this case. Looks good on black too. This would be a refreshing shift away from BFBS in that the black is not only appropriate but looks better than the silver.

@CharlotteIllini88, I don't get your point. Many, many teams have three colors, unless you're not counting white.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like the size of the logo on this surely fake helmet. Bigger is better in this case. Looks good on black too. This would be a refreshing shift away from BFBS in that the black is not only appropriate but looks better than the silver.

@CharlotteIllini88, I don't get your point. Many, many teams have three colors, unless you're not counting white.

No, I'm not counting white. I mean a team like the Jaguars. Their colors are teal, black and gold. Or the Thunder, who actually might have four colors, in addition to white.

No, I'm not counting white. I mean a team like the Jaguars. Their colors are teal, black and gold. Or the Thunder, who actually might have four colors, in addition to white.

Or the Falcons, or the Bills, the Ravens, the Dolphins, the Patriots, the Giants, the Eagles, the Chargers, the Seahawks, or the Buccaneers.

And that's just the NFL.

Or the Falcons, or the Bills, the Ravens, the Dolphins, the Patriots, the Giants, the Eagles, the Chargers, the Seahawks, or the Buccaneers.

And that's just the NFL.

I didn't realize so many teams had more than two colors! I really don't care for it. I, for one, don't like the Patriots uniforms at all. They're very similar to the Panthers because of the silver helmets and pants. Not sure why they introduced the new color (silver) back in the '90s, I think it was.

And that's just the NFL.

Don't the Bills, for one, only have two colors? Red and blue. I'm not counting white, even though the Bills have white helmets. I just always think of white as a neutral/base color; however, I don't think of black that way.

And that's just the NFL.

Don't the Bills, for one, only have two colors? Red and blue. I'm not counting white, even though the Bills have white helmets. I just always think of white as a neutral/base color; however, I don't think of black that way.

BuffaloBills_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

And that's just the NFL.

BuffaloBills_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Got it. My bad.

I really wish that's what the Panthers went with. While I like that it looks like they'll be keeping pretty much the same look they've had since they've come into the league, that black helmet looks great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really wish that's what the Panthers went with. While I like that it looks like they'll be keeping pretty much the same look they've had since they've come into the league, that black helmet looks great.

I agree. I think the black helmet really helps the panther pop out and makes the logo look better, all while keeping true to the original shape of the logo.

That said, I don't really mind the tweaks; the jury's still out on the weird U-shaped line going on both sides of the mouth, but this is definitely an acceptable update.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I am not understanding the love for this helmet...

Because it's a little different from the norm, I guess. I personally think it looks pretty neat, but it sounds like the Panthers are going to have the same silver helmets they've always had.

Archived