1983 Congressional Baseball Game

poser

I just came here to post that, actually... beat me to it! Unfortunately, this isn't the game with Ron Paul's out of the park home run, but it's still pretty cool.

Pullovers were not flattering on a lot of those guys.

They need to do this again, Ron Paul in rainbow guts.

The game is still played every year. The Democrats won the latest one last July, 8-2, but the Republicans lead the all-time series.

Each uniform is provided directly by the Congressman's home team, so unless the Astros have a blank Rainbow Guts throwback lying around somewhere, Paul would likely be wearing one of the ugly current uniforms if he played again.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That was back in a time when Congress actually worked together for the betterment of the country and not themselves. There's no way in hell you'd even be able to get a game like this going today with the hatred and selfishness of Congress today.

That was back in a time when Congress actually worked together for the betterment of the country and not themselves. There's no way in hell you'd even be able to get a game like this going today with the hatred and selfishness of Congress today.

I think you're wrong - a lot of the venom you hear is just political posturing. Many of them have friends across the aisle. Ann Coulter spends her working day calling liberals "traitors", "liars", and "demonic", and then when she goes home she dates them. It's all a show for the rubes.

It's like athletes - Yankee fans would like to think that their players hate the Red Sox, but the players all go out to the same bars after the game.

I just came here to post that, actually... beat me to it! Unfortunately, this isn't the game with Ron Paul's out of the park home run, but it's still pretty cool.

Pullovers were not flattering on a lot of those guys.

They need to do this again, Ron Paul in rainbow guts.

The game is still played every year. The Democrats won the latest one last July, 8-2, but the Republicans lead the all-time series.

Each uniform is provided directly by the Congressman's home team, so unless the Astros have a blank Rainbow Guts throwback lying around somewhere, Paul would likely be wearing one of the ugly current uniforms if he played again.

And he probably won't considering he'll be just about 78 the next time the game is played.

~~~~

Wha?

It's a yearly event that's been going on yearly for over 100 years. Including last year. It will happen again this year.

spacer.png

Archived