New NFL hats (Forty Seven/New Era)

Proc

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a few Reebok NFL hats. They have been fine. Most of my hats are Twin's/Forty Seven Franchise caps. I'm too old to pull off a high-topped New Era cap, especially anything that looks like the new draft caps. That is why it'll be a nice mix/choice for people between the two companies. I see New Era will have the usual, tall-domed, 5950's and 3930s (NFL/MLB batting practice style). Those might be a nice choice.

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else (I looked, but apologize if it is)...Forty Seven Brand has posted a sneak peak of their new, NFL caps/hats which will be available next month. Forty Seven Brand and New Era have the upcoming NFL gig, right?

FortySevenBrandNFL.jpg

So the first sneak preview was the Super Bowl teams. Are these supposed to be the Manning sweepstakes entrants?

As for the hats, love the simplicity. Love that the word "Reebok" is not spread along the whole left side (the vector was fine).

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else (I looked, but apologize if it is)...Forty Seven Brand has posted a sneak peak of their new, NFL caps/hats which will be available next month. Forty Seven Brand and New Era have the upcoming NFL gig, right?

FortySevenBrandNFL.jpg

So the first sneak preview was the Super Bowl teams. Are these supposed to be the Manning sweepstakes entrants?

Nicely done - I really didn't pick up on that until now. Just thought it was four more hats!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FortySevenBrandNFL.jpg

As for the hats, love the simplicity. Love that the word "Reebok" is not spread along the whole left side (the vector was fine).

LOL..yep, the teams that are listed in the Manning sweepstakes. They had a post about it on their Facebook page.

Forty-Seven Brand is the best hat out there. I've have a couple of their hats, and they are very, very comfortable. They even hold up well during the 100 degree days at the Ballpark. It's nice to see that they're going into the NFL business.

Extremely comfortable, I have to wear '47 brand because all other fitted hats-especially New Era- give me a headache.

I've been waiting for these for yearns. They are pretty much the only hats that I'll wear. Not a fan of reebok or high crowned new eras. I was able to find a steelers one several years ago after they stopped selling them but it ended up being smaller than the usual size I wear. The great thing about these are besides the basic & alt. team color with a logo caps they also do fantastic throwbacks and a few theme collections like all grey, all black, camo, etc. The stitching on the steelers logo on my old hat is way better than any other brand that I've seen plus it's not gigantic. I'm sure we'll just the two team color basic hats at first and some of the other collections and variations down the road.

Yeah, but even those had huge Reebok wordmarks on the side. No comparison with 47.

Mine have a small vector logo, thread is same color as the hat. Barely noticeable. More comfortable than a Pats' Twins Franchise I own (bought in '02).

The vector logos were replaced with the wordmark a couple years ago (and the monotone vector by a white one before that). I didn't like either, and took a seam ripper to all my Reebok caps.

You find 47 caps uncomfortable? I have a 7 5/8 noggin, and find the 47 fit far superior in both the adjustable and fitted versions. Plus the quality control is much better than Reebok (and don't even bring New Era into that).

Yeah, but even those had huge Reebok wordmarks on the side. No comparison with 47.

Mine have a small vector logo, thread is same color as the hat. Barely noticeable. More comfortable than a Pats' Twins Franchise I own (bought in '02).

The vector logos were replaced with the wordmark a couple years ago (and the monotone vector by a white one before that). I didn't like either, and took a seam ripper to all my Reebok caps.

You find 47 caps uncomfortable? I have a 7 5/8 noggin, and find the 47 fit far superior in both the adjustable and fitted versions. Plus the quality control is much better than Reebok (and don't even bring New Era into that).

From what I've found, my Reebok slouch fitted hats are better quality. I have a few of the same model, due to sweat and other stains. Might just be my sample size and luck. The one I usually wear (size large, for a 7 3/8 head) feels a bit more loose than a Franchise, but in a good way - I don't have redmarks from it like I do with the '47 Franchise. I dunno. I've bought a couple of MLB Franchise hats, and I've had problems with consistent sizes and crooked stitching/brims. One of them, size large, looks like Francisco Cervelli's batting helmet on me. Just way out of whack.

I've just had good luck, I guess, with those Reebok hats. I love the '47 style and I think it's a good looking hat, but I've found them to be hit or miss.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From what I've found, my Reebok slouch fitted hats are better quality. I have a few of the same model, due to sweat and other stains. Might just be my sample size and luck. The one I usually wear (size large, for a 7 3/8 head) feels a bit more loose than a Franchise, but in a good way - I don't have redmarks from it like I do with the '47 Franchise. I dunno. I've bought a couple of MLB Franchise hats, and I've had problems with consistent sizes and crooked stitching/brims. One of them, size large, looks like Francisco Cervelli's batting helmet on me. Just way out of whack.

I've just had good luck, I guess, with those Reebok hats. I love the '47 style and I think it's a good looking hat, but I've found them to be hit or miss.

did reebok actually develop their own hat templates/patterns or did they contract with an actual hat/apparel manufacturer?..I can't imagine a cotton/twill slouch hat being that drastically different across manufacturers?..I guess I'll take the testimony here as proof there is a difference.

did reebok actually develop their own hat templates/patterns or did they contract with an actual hat/apparel manufacturer?..I can't imagine a cotton/twill slouch hat being that drastically different across manufacturers?..I guess I'll take the testimony here as proof there is a difference.

They might develop their own templates and silhouettes, but most of this stuff is probably made in the same factories overseas, juts getting a different logo sewn into the tag.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the red has special meaning with the titans. in their peak days, red was the color of the defense... jim schwartz always wore a red hat, and the "playmakers" on the team wore red gloves.

you weren't allowed to wear red gloves until you earned them.

i love that they sell a red titans hat. love it.

the red has special meaning with the titans. in their peak days, red was the color of the defense... jim schwartz always wore a red hat, and the "playmakers" on the team wore red gloves.

Ahh that makes sense. I've always liked it when players wore red gloves. I believe Chris Johnson has worn them in recent seasons. I just dislike it in some cases, and unfortuantely it is more associated with Chuck Cecil in my mind.

spacer.png

I used to like these hats, but they're too small for my head. I wear pretty much only 5950s after molding them to my giant head in the shower.

But these look top notch. The Reebok ones never fit right.

glad someone else does the shower thing with a new cap... i get strange looks when i explain my hat rituals with friends

They can't be made in the same factories - New Era caps have far more quality control issues that any other.

You know what I mean. The fabrics all come from a couple different mills, and they're sewn together at some of the same factories. Not all at the same one, obviously, but it's not like Nike has this factory and Reebok uses this factory while '47 manufactures at this one. Brings new meaning to the phrase 'you're just paying for a logo.' Contract work is contract work, and nobody really has extensive exclusivity when it comes to those things, unless we're talking about a patented technology.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ahh that makes sense. I've alwayes liked it when players ahd red gloves. I believe Chris Johnson has worn them in recent seasons. I just dislike it in some cases, and unfortuantely it is more associated with Chuck Cecil in my mind.

large_blog-071223-titans-jim-schwartz-on-sidelines.jpg

Archived