First look at New Era NFL caps

9erssteve

Tried my luck at my local Lids, but the sales lady was wise to my game. "They're not released until Sunday" :cursing:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I noticed that the trim on the Dolphins logo is a bit lighter than I can remember. Could be a mistake (this is a European site,* after all!). To compare:

From website:

B86.jpg

From the mothership:

875.gif

EDIT: It also looks like the aqua is greener and the coral redder. Also, for reference, here's that snapshot from the other thread for comparison:

nikejersey.png

*The less familiar a sport is to a given place, the more likely that small problems, such as color differing, happens. Happens to me often.

I am really looking forward to the new era 5950 nfl hats, they just fit so much better than rebok or nike.

Agreed. I love hats but I haven't been able to wear a Raiders hat for quite some time. I had a Raiders Reebok fitted that I wore back in 2003 but haven't worn one since

raiders-2.png

I am really looking forward to the new era 5950 nfl hats, they just fit so much better than rebok or nike.

Agreed. I love hats but I haven't been able to wear a Raiders hat for quite some time. I had a Raiders Reebok fitted that I wore back in 2003 but haven't worn one since

Same here, bought a cards hat and hate it every time I try it on.

Alrighty boys, I went to the Midnight launch party at the New Era Flagship Store here in Toronto.

I took some pics:

0401020006.jpg

They had every team except for 3... I talked to the New Era rep who seemed very knowledgable about everything:

Seattle (They are unveiling their look on April 4, and the hats will be available then)

St. Louis (Didn't get the shipment in time)

Carolina (Caps with new logo are delayed in production for whatever reason)

0401020017.jpg

The underbrim indeed has the conference logos, back has the NFL logo in ONE TEAM COLOR (for instance if it was Steelers, the hat is Black and the NFL logo is Yellow)

0401020013.jpg

I had to try it on. Looks better in person I must say... I did buy it.

0401020058.jpg

Attendees got a metal New Era Card that gets me 30% off all New Era stuff for a year. Pretty sweet.

They had contests during the event... the grand prize was getting the whole line of 32 hats (over $1250 worth) and my friend won! He needs to come back when they get all the hats in though.

Anyways, very cool event. Probably the geekiest thing I've done in a while but I don't care.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Going to the NFL's temporary Midtown store tomorrow:

22-18308-Y.jpg

Can't wait.

Hopefully those are on sale - as of today, Fansedge.com has Franchise hats available for pre-order. They say they'll be available to ship April 20th or so.

Just a heads up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived