Breakdown of Seattle Seahawks New Uniforms

CDixonDesign

Pattern treated differently on the blue helmet and blue pants drives me crazy. Make it subtle on the pants (like the helmet). And, the grey on the logo is horrible, doesn't go with anything else in the set. Easy fixes though if Nike cares to do so.

It goes with the gray striping on the shoulders.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but Matt Flynn's number on the Seahawks website is listed as 15.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, there were/are plans for green pants.

7087931311_dacd412441_o.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/This-No-31-belongs-to-Chancellor/1a2025ff-9502-44a7-b146-2c77e34108e1

What does this statement mean? Are they already anticipating an update in exactly 10 years?

"At the fashion show-style event to unveil the uniforms the team would wear for the next 10 seasons, former cornerback Shawn Springs made comments very similar to those Chancellor offered Tuesday."

Some other pics of the Seahawks stuff. I think I'm actually coming around to it, which is surprising. Glad to see that the gray actually looks gray in real life and not like a dirty white.

9zvfv.jpg

Look at the mismatched blues. I can hear it now, Seahawks are going to be the new Cowboys with the constant complaint of why they can't match the blues in their uniform.

Anyone else feel that the Seahawks, even with the possible 4 different uniform combos, will just wind up settling on the full navy monochrome combination at home all the time again ??

That is exactly what I hope they do! That is the best look that they have.

spacer.png

AqyJCNhCQAA2xyQ.jpg

I'm really liking our grey alternate. Grey and bright green work well together.

Yeah the navy ties it all together too and the shoulder things don't look as awkward on this combination. There's no way these are the elite jerseys right?? Actual on field they appear to be ??

Anyone else feel that the Seahawks, even with the possible 4 different uniform combos, will just wind up settling on the full navy monochrome combination at home all the time again ??

We have 9 different uniform combos, correct? navy/navy, navy/white, navy/grey, white/white, white/navy, white/grey, grey/grey, grey/navy, grey/white.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. The main reason I was looking forward to this change was that it seemed likely that, with the re-introduction of silver pants, they'd drop the monochrome division-2 college look, and dress like an actual NFL team again. Obviously, I feel pretty silly in retrospect, considering what Seattle and/or nike came up with.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. The main reason I was looking forward to this change was that it seemed likely that, with the re-introduction of silver pants, they'd drop the monochrome division-2 college look, and dress like an actual NFL team again. Obviously, I feel pretty silly in retrospect, considering what Seattle and/or nike came up with.

I've always strongly disliked our blue monochrome, but I'm very curious to see us in a possible grey monochrome combo. I don't know why, but I do.

I may be wrong but the grey combo, jersey and pants, are considered the alternates which can only be worn twice in a season. When they introduce a throwback uniform, it will replace the alternate combo. Those being alternates, not sure if they can mix and match. I do seem to remember seeing them modeled as such. Also noticed on the Nike uniform promo that not only were they considering green pants at one time in the process but also grey helmets and the bottom color of the logo was also green.

I'd be willing to bet that the all blue, navy monochrome is what they will be settling in on for the primary home uniform. Damn, I hate monochromes. Take note that during the league uniform unveiling in New York that all the teams were modeling their home uniform combinations and the Seahawks modeled the all blue combo. On that note, found it strange the Saints modeled all black uniforms as they usually wear gold pants at home. All odd the Seahawks white and grey pants do not have the green symbol stripe on the legs as does the navy ones. Doesn't seem to color balance the entire uniform if worn with navy jerseys.

I may be wrong but the grey combo, jersey and pants, are considered the alternates which can only be worn twice in a season. When they introduce a throwback uniform, it will replace the alternate combo. Those being alternates, not sure if they can mix and match. I do seem to remember seeing them modeled as such. Also noticed on the Nike uniform promo that not only were they considering green pants at one time in the process but also grey helmets and the bottom color of the logo was also green.

I didn't mean they will wear all 9 combos in one season (obviously with the 2 games only alternate jersey rule), but that they have 9 combos to choose from before the season starts. I do believe NFL teams are not restricted when it comes to their alternate pants. Our team has mixed-matched our alternate dark navy pants with our regular uniforms in the past and the Redskins have done the same with their throwback alternate gold pants.

ALTERNATE JERSEY/PANTS

green2.jpg

REGULAR JERSEY/PANTS

seahawks-uniforms.jpg

REGULAR JERSEY/ALTERNATE PANTS

Seattle-Seahawks-John-Carlson-89-celebrates-his-touchdown-against-the-Tennessee-Titans.jpg

Archived