Breakdown of Seattle Seahawks New Uniforms

CDixonDesign

Do people really think the main elements of the Jaguar's helmet need to change?

I certainly don't. I'm not the biggest fan of the teal flakes, but other than that I really like the way the logo looks on the black base, and I think that the black lid works well with a teal/white/black/gold uniform (if they had a teal/white/black/gold uniform still. The current uniform is childish.)

As a Jaguars season ticket holder !! I can't stand the current uniforms for the design and lack of Gold which I hope they reincorporate on the 2013 uniforms. The Helmet is either or because the teal doesn't really show up that well but I like the idea. I wouldn't mind going back to the old uniforms or something that is a modern classic that which is what the old ones were IMO.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would this thread be considered Jax-jacked or Jags-jacked?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's Jack-ed up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Looking at that Flynn picture, the difference of design elements between the jersey and pants sticks out like a sore...no, broken thumb. I really wish they could've found a way to unify the uniform a little more.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pattern treated differently on the blue helmet and blue pants drives me crazy. Make it subtle on the pants (like the helmet). And, the grey on the logo is horrible, doesn't go with anything else in the set. Easy fixes though if Nike cares to do so.

Pattern treated differently on the blue helmet and blue pants drives me crazy. Make it subtle on the pants (like the helmet). And, the grey on the logo is horrible, doesn't go with anything else in the set. Easy fixes though if Nike cares to do so.

It goes with the gray striping on the shoulders.

spacer.png

It goes with the gray striping on the shoulders.

Ah, thought that was white. Better in that respect.

I hate myself for typing this....but the more I see Seattle's new unis the more I... *gulp* ...actually like them. I don't want to like them because I hate the idea of another "predominately navy" team, but they are growing on me.

Even though all the possible uniform combinations, they'll settle on one combo at home and one on the road. They had a possible 4 combos with the last set and only utlized two combos. I remember when they were all excited back in 02 with that unique shade of seahawk blue and was so proud of it. It was said everyone will want to wear that shade of blue. Well 10 years later, we are changing again. If they loved the seahawk blue so much, why change ????

The more I see the Seahawks set...the worse it looks.

The overall design might be tolerable if not for that deer-hoof-supposed-to-be-wing-thing "design element" destroying the whole thing. You can't use something like that on three different scales, on the same piece of canvas, and in two completely different applications (one being completely unnecessary-on the helmet, where the birdheads were strong enough to stand on their own). That's to say nothing of the fact that, while the shoulder stripes (if you even want to call them that) are gray and the swoosh insert (because that's its entire reason for being there) is lime green on the navy jersey...all of those elements are navy on the white jersey, which is just one of the incongruencies that bug the living s***out out of me about this set. The whole thing just looks like a disjointed mess, not to mention the living embodiment of the following:

Just because you (Nike in this case) can...doesn't mean you should.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Take the pattern out of the numbers and the patterns off of the pants stripe and collar, and the set becomes tolerable. With them, it looks like a disjointed eyesore. They remind me of Maryland's football uniforms: too much going on.

Archived