The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

They say hockey in April is good.

But hockey in May is better.

Hockey is best in June.

Hope you enjoyed this April's golf season.

p12361845p275w.jpg

You're coming across really poor in this thread. I would take a deep breath and step back.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go ahead Kings. Drop your streamers and confetti while you can.

EDIT: Does Darryl Sutter have brain damage or a stroke or something? Dude really can't talk at all. The clips they show of his press conferences are painful.

He's always been kinda like that. I remember when he was coach of the Sharks I could count the number of times he actually smiled on 1 hand.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The best team of these playoffs so far have been the Kings, and it's not even close. So far, they're 7-1. Los Angeles has taken out the #1 seed Canucks in 5 games, and are now on the verge of sweeping the West's #2. Quick hasn't skipped a beat and the team is lighting the lamp. Up to this point, they're the best 8-seed I think I've ever seen.

Agreed. Other 8 seeds have done well in the past, but have usually had to win a Game Seven, ot have had to battle harder and face more adversity than the Kings have this year. They have been the hot knife of this post-season...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Hockey is best in June.

p12361845p275w.jpg

The owner of that golf bag has probably seen more success in a shorter amount of time than he would have with a Kings one ;)

And yes, my avatar is seriously out of date. I can't change it right now because I'm on my iPhone. Just pretend it's a Blues logo or something.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Hockey is best in June.

p12361845p275w.jpg

It's okay, I'm not the greatest golfer though, can you come help me? I heard you're pretty good.

The best team of these playoffs so far have been the Kings, and it's not even close. So far, they're 7-1. Los Angeles has taken out the #1 seed Canucks in 5 games, and are now on the verge of sweeping the West's #2. Quick hasn't skipped a beat and the team is lighting the lamp. Up to this point, they're the best 8-seed I think I've ever seen.

I just think it's hilarious that they waited until the playoffs to finally start scoring goals with some sort of regularity, because that offense was anemic through most of the season. The defense & goaletending has always been there, though. Once the offense finally came to play, the Kings went into buzzsaw mode.

You're definitely right, they've been killing it since Game 1 of Round 1.

Before now, the 2006 Oilers were the best 8-seed I'd ever seen in my lifetime. I'm starting to think the Kings have taken thier place. I was leaning towards Nashville coming out of the West, but as of right now, I'm not entirely comfortable picking them over the Kings should both advance. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Los Angeles emerging.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really want to pull for the Kings because I like their team and I like Quick and I've always liked the juxtaposition of the black and gray vs yellow and purple, hockey to basketball, counter-culture to glitz thing they have with the Lakers, but Jeff Carter is such a huge D-bag. It would not be fun to watch that sulking baby get a ring.

PvO6ZWJ.png

*Ahem*

Less SoCal rivalry, thanks.

So, what do you wanna talk about now?

Oh, I know... Radulov and A. Kostitsyn are out of the lineup again. Nash was pretty good last game, maybe the success can continue....

If Nashville wins tonight I think we've seen the last of Radulov as a Pred. Polie gambled and it didn't work out, but at least the season's not over yet. If Rinne really is back to being Rinne, I'm sure to see this heading back to Phoenix deadlocked

Manchester-City-icon.png

The Kings are playing like the serious Cup contenders many were predicting them to be at the start of the season. Mystery now is where the hell that offense went during the regular season.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

If Nashville wins tonight I think we've seen the last of Radulov as a Pred. Polie gambled and it didn't work out, but at least the season's not over yet. If Rinne really is back to being Rinne, I'm sure to see this heading back to Phoenix deadlocked

I think they'll bring him back at least for next year. The dude's too talented to just give up on. He only really got a few weeks.

The Kings are playing like the serious Cup contenders many were predicting them to be at the start of the season. Mystery now is where the hell that offense went during the regular season.

It was Jeff Carter. Since they acquired him, they have been doing pretty well offensively. He has helped Richards and Penner quite a bit. Plus, Dustin Brown has been hot. During the regular season, they just had a few guys slumping, they're out of those slumps now, and they are performing to their potential.

Hockey is best in June.

p12361845p275w.jpg

It's been great thanks.

Let's talk when you actually win something, sparky.

Yeah you talk a lot for a guy who's a fan of a team who's never won anything. Whoopie, you made it to the Conference Semi-Finals - hold it together buddy. $20 says the Kings sweep the Blues and run out of steam waiting for the Nashville/Phoenix series to go 7, at least that's what I hope happens so you never post here again.

Speaking of morons, ladies and gentlemen I give you Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs. "Cups on loan" to 2012 winner. Couple things here Jerm; you were an absentee owner for 30 years, spending the bare minimum in a hockey rich area trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the quality of play, you suck. Now that we're in the salary cap age you're forced to spend money. Don't be a jackass now that you finally won one.

It was Jeff Carter. Since they acquired him, they have been doing pretty well offensively. He has helped Richards and Penner quite a bit. Plus, Dustin Brown has been hot. During the regular season, they just had a few guys slumping, they're out of those slumps now, and they are performing to their potential.

Yeah Jeff Carter is afraid if he struggles he will be traded back to Columbust.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived