Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Here's the "print" version of the Burton story; he reported it on the news up in Boston:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/03/sources-significant-progress-made-towards-ending-nhl-lockout/

The bad news is that no one else has confirmed it and Burton is not well known in hockey media circles. The good news is that he was the guy who broke the Phil Kessel cancer story (not good that Kessel had cancer obviously, but good that he had a credible source) so he might know what he's talking about.

At least the next few days should be interesting. Back to the Giants game.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida is a state where money doesn't stick around too long; it just passes on through.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I noticed that, too. I went to Google Maps (why, I have no idea) and saw both BB&T Center and BankAtlantic Center marked in different places on the same building and thought maybe it was a "Paramount Theater at Madison Square Garden" sort of thing, but I guess not. (Note to self: Wikipedia next time.)

And my favorite was Office Depot Center. Catch some hockey and stock up on office supplies at the same time.

When Yormark finds out that David Foster Wallace already beat him to the idea of selling the naming rights of years, he's really gonna plotz.

Your South Florida Toyota Dealers Florida Panthers Post-All-Star Break Early February Stretch Hand-Delivered by Jared: The Galleria of Jewelery

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Just happened upon this story, which completely ignores the lockout and also leads with "temperatures are dropping as anticipation rises for hockey in the Sunshine State" or some such. It was 70 in Chicago today. I had to check the article's date twice. It's like they had their previews written and decided they might as well put them out there with the season in doubt. I can't image the buzz in Florida is just chugging right along... but it's something to read while you wait to see if the latest lockout rumors are true.

Panthers-Lightning rivalry becomes relevant

http://thehockeywrit...comes-relevant/

Jameson Cooper, what you have just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on your website is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

What's the deal with banks and naming rights?

Fifth Third Bank has naming rights for ballparks in Dayton, West Michigan, Kane County, Toledo, and for an arena in Cincinnati.

BB&T has naming rights for Wake Forest's football stadium, ballparks in Myrtle Beach, Winston-Salem, and the new Charlotte Knights park, and now the Panthers arena.

Crazy.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

If the NHL has made progress I am sure Gary Bettman will step in to stamp it out

You don't need Bettman to step in when both Jacobs and Edwards are there.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived