Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best case scenario, 48 game schedule gets underway mid January.

Anything less than a 48-game season would just be absurd. Salvaging a 2-month-long regular season, only to follow it up with a 2-month-long postseason would be absolutely pointless, not ot mention a total slap in the face of Lord Stanley.

6uXNWAo.png

Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director George H. Cohen issued the following statement today on the ongoing labor negotiations between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association:

“I have had separate, informal discussions with the key representatives of the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association during the course of their negotiations for a successor collective bargaining agreement. At the invitation of the FMCS, and with the agreement of both parties, the ongoing negotiations will now be conducted under our auspices.

EDIT: Yay, grownups!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director George H. Cohen issued the following statement today on the ongoing labor negotiations between the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association:

“I have had separate, informal discussions with the key representatives of the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players’ Association during the course of their negotiations for a successor collective bargaining agreement. At the invitation of the FMCS, and with the agreement of both parties, the ongoing negotiations will now be conducted under our auspices.

Yay, grownups!

It's ridiculous that it has to come to this point.

Mediation =/= arbitration, though. Arbitration is binding, mediation isn't. Based on the track record here, it's entirely possible that the mediator can help both parties come to a win-win sort of middle ground, only for Bettman to say "no, screw you, I want everything."

Mediation =/= arbitration, though. Arbitration is binding, mediation isn't. Based on the track record here, it's entirely possible that the mediator can help both parties come to a win-win sort of middle ground, only for Bettman to say "no, screw you, I want everything."

Yeah admiral...I agree. Arbitration would be a much better sign of having hockey soon. I'm not holding my breath on any significant improvement in the talks.

Yeah admiral...I agree. Arbitration would be a much better sign of having hockey soon. I'm not holding my breath on any significant improvement in the talks.

Neither am I, not with us about 2 weeks from Bettman canceling the rest of the season.

I'm still hopeful that mediation, in concert with the sponsors that are dropping out (Kraft is out and MolsonCoors is getting itchy), can get this done. Still, not much you can do when one of the negotiators doesn't believe in negotiating.

Oh, no, we've got a sitch.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Worlds-Biggest-Creep-Worst-Liar-Will-Mediate-NHL-Disaster/134/47682http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Worlds-Biggest-Creep-Worst-Liar-Will-Mediate-NHL-Disaster/134/47682

Like a pack of wolves, hockey fans immediately checked to see if any of the representatives were on Twitter. Low and behold, one Guy Serota had a registered account, and boy, was it breathtaking.

James Gordon (@SensReporter), man of the people, managed to catch a screenshot of one. Plenty of others followed in text format, only because Guy Serota -- presumably under the direction of anyone who has the guy's phone number -- immediately deleted his account. Remember, this is just a small sampling.

2dbmhag.jpg

Federal labor mediators who get fired for bothering Sarah Silverman on twitter?

OITGDMFNHL

Raise your hand if you predicted that Sarah Silverman would tangentially enter NHL labor negotiations.

Looking forward to her new song, "I'm :censored: ing Geoff Molson".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hmm, I wonder where a Comcast Sportsnet writer would get insider info about Jeremy Jacobs being a screaming dickhole to his "fellow" owners during negotiations.

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Haggerty-Jacobs-should-be-held-responsib?blockID=807091&feedID=3352

Yeah, Jeremy, what has Winnipeg ever done for you, except take an albatross of a franchise and turn it into a cash register, while paying mightily for the privilege. This effing guy.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I googled Jeremy Jacobs because I'd never actually seen what he looks like and I wanted to put a name with his face.

And holy :censored:, he's even more sniveling, weasely, and evil looking than I imagined.

this effing guy

gyi0065218920.0_standard_730.0.jpg

nhl-bruins-jacobsx-large.jpg

He's Mr. Burns incarnate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Random statement.

This past Black Friday was supposed to be Rangers/Bruins on NBC. It was replaced with an episode of Days of Our Lives from 1997.

That's hilarious, and the lockout in a nutshell.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hmm, I wonder where a Comcast Sportsnet writer would get insider info about Jeremy Jacobs being a screaming dickhole to his "fellow" owners during negotiations.

http://www.csnne.com...091&feedID=3352

Yeah, Jeremy, what has Winnipeg ever done for you, except take an albatross of a franchise and turn it into a cash register, while paying mightily for the privilege. This effing guy.

Look Jeremy, the Jets are owned by a real-life, no kidding Lord worth 8.5 times as much as you are, and who happens to have a great deal of influence with every major financial institution in English-speaking Canada. Sit down, shut up, and make a deal.

Please tell me Jacobs put the pseudonym "Charlie River" (hur-hur, get it) on his press pass in that first photo because he knew the repercussions of being easily identifiable in public by the Boston faithful, even in the immediate aftermath of a Stanley Cup victory.

This effing guy.

Archived