Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to see a parallel between Bettman and Jacobs, and Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.

I completely disagree with this statement. Vader actually saw the light and turned on Palpatine, Bettman is more like a puppet with someone's hand up his _______! I'm thinking Bubba J from Jeff Dunham. I swear Bubba J. is a splitting image of Gary Bettman!

jds_webisode_01_v6.jpg

When the rest of the owners turn on Jacobs, who seems to be calling the shots, subsequently Bettman will too. Vader is also like the face of the Empire, while Bettman is the face of the league. Both wear black, both have feelings (albeit different kinds for each man) for the leader of the other side (Luke of the Rebel Alliance, Sidney Crosby of the NHLPA (Fehr's more like Obi-Wan)), and both will eventually go down. The parallels are definitely there.

I guess the very best comparison would actually be Bubba J. in a Darth Vader costume.

All Star Weekend in Columbus cancelled, games through December 14th cancelled. Best case scenario, 48 game schedule gets underway mid January.

I can handle a dog with three legs. I can't deal with a dog with only one leg. Just put the gimp down and lets get a new puppy next year. Even if we are getting it from the same inbreeding kennel.

Sorry Columbus. You'll never get another opportunity to host the All-Star Game for the forseeable future and that's a damn shame.

Also, I believe that the next round of cancellations will be the entire season since there are no more specific NHL related events to terminate at this point.

The issues are many, the solutions are few. Both sides are thickheaded, maybe one more than the other. I don't know why they didn't just can the entire month, they keep giving more and more false hope.

So they're saying they can get something done in three weeks? Doubtful. Again do away with the entire season, nobody gives two :censored:s anymore.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The issues are many, the solutions are few. Both sides are thickheaded, maybe one more than the other. I don't know why they didn't just can the entire month, they keep giving more and more false hope.

So they're saying they can get something done in three weeks? Doubtful. Again do away with the entire season, nobody gives two :censored:s anymore.

I think the NHLPA has done everything possible to get a deal done, Gary Bettman is inflexible and wants to crush the players.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think the NHLPA has done everything possible to get a deal done, Gary Bettman is inflexible and wants to crush the players.

I think so too. I started off siding with the Owners, then split, now I'm really siding with the players. They're the only ones that seem keen to do something, and that's probably because they just missed their third paycheck, and time is running thin.

Also this has been answered in this thread more than likely, but does Bettman, Daly, other NHL employees get paid during the lockout?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sorry Columbus. You'll never get another opportunity to host the All-Star Game for the forseeable future and that's a damn shame.

I don't know where you're getting that. I've heard they'll be awarded the game as early as 2015.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't know where you're getting that. I've heard they'll be awarded the game as early as 2015.

That is if the Jackets are still in Columbus come 2015.

6fQjS3M.png

I'm hearing talk of the players voting to decertify the NHLPA. I know that's been done at least once in another league. Pardon my ignorance, but what would that do?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I found this, but this was about the NBA lockout.

Decertification of a union means that union loses the power to collectively bargain on behalf of its members. Such a move has some potential benefits - the NFL Players Association decertified in an attempt to avoid a lockout - and a number of risks attached.

The biggest benefit is legal. Interactions between unions and management are governed by labor law. Many of the collectively-bargained elements of the NBA/NBPA relationship - the salary cap and NBA draft for example - are perfectly legal under that set of rules.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived