2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

OK, what i meant to say earlier, was that i believe Nike presents ussf with a few jersey designs and they say "we like this one, put navy numbers on it" I'm assuming that was the case with these, but Nike has their pattern for every jersey cycle. Last time it was the mesh holes. This time it was the micro holes. I figure it wasnt until saturday that ussf realized how bad they'd look. So i'm guessing they got a lot of negative response and told nike, "these arent gonna work, fix them" Wednesday we'll find out what they decided to do.

i think it's obvious that Nike has nothing to do with number assignments.

I agree. But that's a long way from saying the dot-matrix numbers were "chosen by the USSF".

Exactly. The dot-filled numbers are likely presented by Nike as part of the whole package, but if they end up not being suitable for some unforseen reason (which, I guess lack of common sense or due diligence qualifies :P), the team is within their right to have then changed.

So, do you guys think that they have some extra numbers from last cycle, or do you think Nike overnighted some new ones, or a local embroidery/sporting goods store did them??

They're just heat applied. Shouldn't be too hard to get some. There might even be a warehouse full of them. When's the next scheduled match?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, what i meant to say earlier, was that i believe Nike presents ussf with a few jersey designs and they say "we like this one, put navy numbers on it" I'm assuming that was the case with these, but Nike has their pattern for every jersey cycle. Last time it was the mesh holes. This time it was the micro holes. I figure it wasnt until saturday that ussf realized how bad they'd look. So i'm guessing they got a lot of negative response and told nike, "these arent gonna work, fix them" Wednesday we'll find out what they decided to do.

I agree. But that's a long way from saying the dot-matrix numbers were "chosen by the USSF".

Exactly. The dot-filled numbers are likely presented by Nike as part of the whole package, but if they end up not being suitable for some unforseen reason (which, I guess lack of common sense or due diligence qualifies :P), the team is within their right to have then changed.

So, do you guys think that they have some extra numbers from last cycle, or do you think Nike overnighted some new ones, or a local embroidery/sporting goods store did them??

They're just heat applied. Shouldn't be too hard to get some. There might even be a warehouse full of them. When's the next scheduled match?

Their next match is tomorrow at 8 ET vs Brazil at FedEx Field.

I don't think it'll be a problem at all. I highly doubt Nike doesn't have any blue numbers lying around, and as far as applying them to the jerseys, they could do that literally 15 minutes before the game.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Yeah it definitely won't take long I was just wondering how they will acquire the numbers being that they will have a different pattern. But presumably the same font. And it's not like club soccer where they train at their headquarters, they're traveling around a big country.

I'm expecting the old numbers though.

Interesting that the guy on the far left is wearing a shoe model from about 2006-2007. Those are some old Mercurial Vapor III's!

All of their shoes look pretty beat up. I guess that's how it goes when you get relegated.

Interesting that the guy on the far left is wearing a shoe model from about 2006-2007. Those are some old Mercurial Vapor III's!

All of their shoes look pretty beat up. I guess that's how it goes when you get relegated.

That are just players of Hertha's youth. They aren't even part of the pro roster.

btw the left dude was in my class in primary school. ^_^

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Everton away kit. Looks fine enough. A bit of a snoozer if you ask me.

577453_10150935908973326_298269803325_9727043_555611640_n.jpg

Did the Toffees just switch to Nike this year?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You can call it "a snoozer", I call it "elegant and classy".

Gorgeous kit. I'd much rather have that than pointless panels and tacked-on piping. The only thing I don't love about it is the contrast crest.

Except Nike hasn't done pointless panels and piping in nearly a decade. They've been focusing on actual design as opposed to contrast mesh panels or corporate striping like Adidas.

You can call it "a snoozer", I call it "elegant and classy".

Gorgeous kit. I'd much rather have that than pointless panels and tacked-on piping. The only thing I don't love about it is the contrast crest.

Except Nike hasn't done pointless panels and piping in nearly a decade. They've been focusing on actual design as opposed to contrast mesh panels or corporate striping like Adidas.

This.

I don't really like the arching name when paired with the hoops. The numbers are better...but not quite right. They should match the navy of the shorts better. Interesting that they already altered the numbers after one game, do you think they rushed to make another batch or had both the whole time?

Archived