2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool tidbit here about Liverpool:

Will there be any differences between the replica and the authentic or player issue versions of the kit? If so, what will they be?

There is no difference whatsoever; we wanted to create a truly authentic replica product for fans.

http://footballfashi...e-kit-designer/

I'm actually wearing mine at the moment and its quite an interesting material its made from. Doesn't feel anything like the Nike or adidas kits I own. There's a softer feel to it, a bit more expensive feeling, but still very lightweight, with the high performance moisture wicking fabrics in the key areas around the gussets.

Traditionally the replica kits you bought in the shops were the same as the ones players wore on the field. Just the player-issued kits had slightly larger numbers than the replica PL numbers sold at retail (apparently its a television thing). But the adidas kits were made from different materials, and had that funky compression technology which wasn't readily available at retail.

Anyone know what Nike does? Given the move to issuing stock teamwear to most of their clients I'm thinking the retail shirts do indeed match the on-field product in almost all respects?

liverpool-1.png

Will there be any differences between the replica and the authentic or player issue versions of the kit? If so, what will they be?

There is no difference whatsoever; we wanted to create a truly authentic replica product for fans.

I'm actually wearing mine at the moment and its quite an interesting material its made from. Doesn't feel anything like the Nike or adidas kits I own. There's a softer feel to it, a bit more expensive feeling, but still very lightweight, with the high performance moisture wicking fabrics in the key areas around the gussets.

Traditionally the replica kits you bought in the shops were the same as the ones players wore on the field. Just the player-issued kits had slightly larger numbers than the replica PL numbers sold at retail (apparently its a television thing). But the adidas kits were made from different materials, and had that funky compression technology which wasn't readily available at retail.

Anyone know what Nike does? Given the move to issuing stock teamwear to most of their clients I'm thinking the retail shirts do indeed match the on-field product in almost all respects?

They do indeed. Differences are cut, screened badge and logo vs. embroidered and the vent holes on th esides.

I'm sorry, were we talking? I got distracted by the pictures of Alex Morgan.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They do indeed. Differences are cut, screened badge and logo vs. embroidered and the vent holes on th esides.

I'm pretty sure the authentics are made of different materials as well, no?

2013 USA retro Centenary kit coming!

For next year, Nike will release a Retro Centenary Kit for the USA. Dark obsidian, so basically really dark blue.

RT @aawagner011: @EleteTSC Any more details on that? Pics, information, etc? / Just a store listing. Blue shorts, blue+white socks.

Sounds intriguing. Hopefully stuff leaks soon.

Maybe somethin along these lines;

2004_third.jpg

with obsidian as the top color, and white shorts (and of course the 3/4 length sleeves not there!)

That would be nice. Although he does mention the shorts will be navy. I get the feeling the socks may be hoops or be navy with a retro white striping. I don't think it will simply be a white overturn on the sock. I'm feeling full on retro. I just hope we have a retro crest on there (preferably that 1950 one). Love retro styling!

And btw, that was me who inquired in those tweets for more info, and he ended on this note: "@aawagner011 Sorry man, but you gotta protect your sources! It just says USA retro jersey, $89.99 and gives me the product # ;)" So it looks like prices are either going up another 5 bucks or they are justifying the raise by the "centenary" nature of the kit.

yea retro styling with modern cut and fit to the jersey looks top-notch...i see about the shorts now. too bad. i'm not a fan of a kit in all one color (we need white shorts for our current away kits!)

They have a white pair. One of the youth teams wore them already.

Re: the price of the shirts, the dollar here is at parity or worth more than the USD but the same shirt would retail at $130-140. (Yes we all buy our kits online now!)

liverpool-1.png

yea retro styling with modern cut and fit to the jersey looks top-notch...i see about the shorts now. too bad. i'm not a fan of a kit in all one color (we need white shorts for our current away kits!)

They have a white pair. One you the youth teams wore them already.

yea i know...i won't believe it til i see it on the field for the MNT though.

Archived