2012-13 soccer kits

Saintsfan

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I believe Christie Rampone (#3) is wearing a shirt without the Nike swoosh.

The Swooshes are heat pressed on. It probably just fell off.

Maybe, but she is one of the few USWNT players that isn't sponsored by Nike.

Also, I believe Christie Rampone (#3) is wearing a shirt without the Nike swoosh.

@illini1: Potentially, but I doubt it. I've got a few of the US player issued shirts and while the swooshes are pressed on, they're pretty secure. My theory is that her shirt just slipped through the cracks since these are already different than usual since they don't have the crest. We also know that as of kickoff, she was swooshless.

10dcg03.png

@gdu: I'm not sure that that would have any effect. Players these days wear the standard shirt regardless of their personal sponsorships. The last time I have ever heard of a player getting an altered match jersey due to sponsorship was Johann Cruyff many years ago. Holland was sponsored by Adidas and he was a Puma guy so he got a custom two-stripe jersey.

johan-cruyff1.jpg

@illini1: Potentially, but I doubt it. I've got a few of the US player issued shirts and while the swooshes are pressed on, they're pretty secure. My theory is that her shirt just slipped through the cracks since these are already different than usual since they don't have the crest. We also know that as of kickoff, she was swooshless.

10dcg03.png

@gdu: I'm not sure that that would have any effect. Players these days wear the standard shirt regardless of their personal sponsorships. The last time I have ever heard of a player getting an altered match jersey due to sponsorship was Johann Cruyff many years ago. Holland was sponsored by Adidas and he was a Puma guy so he got a custom two-stripe jersey.

johan-cruyff1.jpg

I know that and I don't think she took it off. It was just a big coincidence that the one (or are there more) adidas player on the team happened to be the one to get the swooshless jersey.

I don't know about all of that...it wouldn't be the first time some funny business has occurred with Nike-branded Olympic teams with adidas-sponsored players.

Remember 2008? See if you can spot the funny business in this photo...

USA_basketball_team-1.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't know about all of that...it wouldn't be the first time some funny business has occurred with Nike-branded Olympic teams with adidas-sponsored players.

Mewight's hand is covering the swoosh.

But the swoosh on his chest is prominently displayed

Manchester-City-icon.png

And Coach K (nike endorser) is covering the adidas logo on Dwight's shoe.

General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet, beginning with the 2014/2015 season.

7 year deal.

10dcg03.png

Note, too, that the player without the swoosh on her shirt, Rampone, still has swooshes on her socks in that photo and the swoosh on her shorts in this one. If there is some funny business going on, as Buc put it, it's kind of half-assed funny business.

FAKE EDIT: Rampone had the swoosh on her shirt vs. France:

439x.jpg

Please let them use the text and not a giant Chevy logo.

On the US women's uniforms, if they're supposed to be the same as the mens, why didn't they get their numbers updated to the navy-based dot matrix?

I bet it will be logo on the left (same height as text) and text next to it

General Motors and Manchester United today announced that the world's most popular football club's shirt sponsor will be Chevrolet, beginning with the 2014/2015 season.

7 year deal.

"Football, bangers, kidney pie, and Chevrolet..."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 year deal.

Sweet! I know they switched from Audi to Chevrolet as their official vehicles starting this year.It'll be interesting to see what other changes we see for them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Each player gets a complimentary lap around the Top Gear test track.

Also, a theory that General Motors may have had instant buyer's remorse on the deal. And what are the odds we see the Chevrolet wordmark with (I assume) Chinese translation on the front of Man U's shirts? I'm thinking quite high.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived