Morgo's Hand Drawn NHL: Tampa Bay Lightning Final Update (07/09/2014)

Morgan33

Love the Canucks' third. The craftsmanship on these is great. Puts some persons' digital work to shame.

+1. Very nice work on this so far, Morgo. I especially love the Minnesota alternate logo. Very nice looking.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see an S and J in the Sharks logo, would love to have it pointed out to me, thanks. :) Your Sharks concept is dead on, wouldn't change anything.

rATMcmK.png

I don't see an S and J in the Sharks logo, would love to have it pointed out to me, thanks. :) Your Sharks concept is dead on, wouldn't change anything.

Look in the top left portion, in the fins. The teal streaks kind of "shape it".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharks look great. Thank you for replacing the orange with silver. I used to think it looked great, but now it just looks so unnecessary and busy. I would, however, like to see a black alt because I love how teal looks on black.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Sharks are FANTASTIC! Only change I would make would be to consider using a modified version of this logo sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif for the shoulder patches. The two things that bugged me about the original shoulder patch are that the fin is grey, when the shark is black, and that it's in a circle, when the primary is in a triangle. It just doesn't seem to match with the primary.

Appreciate the kind words and suggestion for the shoulder logo but I don't think it'd be a good fit on my concept. Theres simply too much orange for it to work on a primarily teal, black and grey scheme. It'd look great on the current set as a replacement for the full bodied shark though.

Very nice Sharks set. Although I am disappointed that there's no alternate with, what is in my opinion the Sharks best logo, the full body shark. Regardless, a fantastic concept overall.

Speaking of which, I never been a fan of that logo unfortunately. I can see why people would want to ditch the triangle but the shark looks really awkward in that position... at least in my opinion but different strokes right? :)

Can't really find anything to complain about regarding Vancouver or San Jose. Nice work on both, especially simplifying the Sharks and returning to the old colors.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

The Sharks are FANTASTIC! Only change I would make would be to consider using a modified version of this logo sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif for the shoulder patches. The two things that bugged me about the original shoulder patch are that the fin is grey, when the shark is black, and that it's in a circle, when the primary is in a triangle. It just doesn't seem to match with the primary.

Appreciate the kind words and suggestion for the shoulder logo but I don't think it'd be a good fit on my concept. Theres simply too much orange for it to work on a primarily teal, black and grey scheme. It'd look great on the current set as a replacement for the full bodied shark though.

This is what I meant by modified.

OZlMK.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

OZlMK.png

Sorry man, misread.

That logo would actually work really well on the shoulders. I would also simplify the water to less colours though... reminds me too much of a gradient

OZlMK.png

Sorry man, misread.

That logo would actually work really well on the shoulders. I would also simplify the water to less colours though... reminds me too much of a gradient

Just go to one teal, and it's great.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Time for the next concept in the series

The Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars identity has been in a state of free-fall since their inaugural season in 1994. First the green was darkened to the point of looking black. Then we had to suffer through those terrible All Star Game knockoffs before the identity reached it's nadir with the current jerseys. For the primaries I looked back to 1993/94 and returned the green to it's original shade. The stripes have been broadened and the shoulder yoke is now green on both jerseys. For the logo, I stayed true to the original with a few tweaks. The word "Dallas" no longer appears and the inner star outline is thicker and white to make it pop more. For the alternate I tried making the mooterus logo acceptable but was frustrated by how small I had to draw it. Couldn't get the right level of detail. That being said I've always loved the mooterus' colour scheme and in my opinion it looks even better with green more prominent than black.

morgostars.png

As always C & C welcome and very much appreciated! Thanks for looking!

You've definitely improved the Mooterus, but the stripe on the alternate pants is way too big.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I was never a fan of the addition of red to their colour scheme on the Mooterus alt. And if you don't want to get rid of that, at least make the shade of green match. And, as mentioned above, the pants stripes are too thick. Other than that though, the Stars look really good.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You and Heitert are the only ones I've ever seen actually pull off the Mooterus successfully, so kudos on that. Maybe put a dark outline around the Stars logo on the away jersey? Looking forward to my Islanders (if they can't play well, at least they should have better jerseys than that black alternate they got this year. Yuck.). But i digress. Great, neat concept and series.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

You've definitely improved the Mooterus, but the stripe on the alternate pants is way too big.

Thanks, I thought my version of the mooterus would be torn to shreds on these boards so I'm pleasantly surprised. I made the pant stripes large intentionally. I figuired since it's alternate for a sun belt team, I could think outside of the box. That being said I see your point in retrospect. If I redid the concept, I would eliminate the pant stripes all together. Thanks for the feedback.

Really like the mooterus logo, and the alt looks really good.

This series is very neat and well-done.

Appreciate the kind words

I was never a fan of the addition of red to their colour scheme on the Mooterus alt. And if you don't want to get rid of that, at least make the shade of green match. And, as mentioned above, the pants stripes are too thick. Other than that though, the Stars look really good.

I realize adding red to the Stars scheme is very unpopular but I've always thought it was sharp. As for pairing it with Kelly Green, I'm not sure how that work. Might be a bit too much. I appreciate the suggestions non the less.

You and Heitert are the only ones I've ever seen actually pull off the Mooterus successfully, so kudos on that. Maybe put a dark outline around the Stars logo on the away jersey? Looking forward to my Islanders (if they can't play well, at least they should have better jerseys than that black alternate they got this year. Yuck.). But i digress. Great, neat concept and series.

Thanks. The Islanders will be done very shortly though be careful what you wish for... I'm a fan of the Fisherman :P

I'd like to see some more gold worked into the Dallas home and away jerseys. It would make the logo feel a bit more in-place.

I appreciate the suggestion but disagree. On the Stars 1993/94 set, gold was featured only in the logos and not on the striping. When a team opts to use a metallic shade on a logo, it should always just be restricted to logos because it is impossible to match the shades. See Ottawa Senators, Tampa Bay Lightning, Dallas Stars (pre 2000).

Morgo, I really like what you are doing here. Well done. I love drawing jerseys and such as well. I have completed 2 jerseys of the NHL. The template I made and I draw everything.

My link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78885137@N07/7349657080/in/photostream

Those look really sharp, especially that penguins logo. You should do a series :)

Morgo, I really like what you are doing here. Well done. I love drawing jerseys and such as well. I have completed 2 jerseys of the NHL. The template I made and I draw everything.

My link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78885137@N07/7349657080/in/photostream

Those look really sharp, especially that penguins logo. You should do a series :)

I have a Coyotes jersey in the works. I am planning on making all 30 NHL teams either a home or away for each.

Nice work here, Morgo! I love the way this looks(I went back and saw your video gasme series, nice work there as well)as the teams all look great. I love the alt for Dallas and Vancouver. the fisherman will look good, as long as he is made without the tidal waves and net behind him.

Archived