Team USA basketball wearing throwbacks

kajeet

For a tournament that you play 8 games every 4 years, I think throwbacks are just a little unnecessary. And it's kind of cool where you can look at a picture of a game and know exactly which tournament the picture comes from.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

All I know, man, I hadn't seen this year's set until I happened to catch a bit of the women playin against the Brits. I already thought the wordmark was ugly and amateurish, they may as well have gone with basic block if that was the best they could do; the half blue/half red shorts, they just don't fit. As has been said, a full-on Dream Team throwback, or the Beijing set's wordmark on a DT-inspired uniform, that woulda been the ticket.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

All I know, man, I hadn't seen this year's set until I happened to catch a bit of the women playin against the Brits. I already thought the wordmark was ugly and amateurish, they may as well have gone with basic block if that was the best they could do; the half blue/half red shorts, they just don't fit. As has been said, a full-on Dream Team throwback, or the Beijing set's wordmark on a DT-inspired uniform, that woulda been the ticket.

My only question is why did they go with that wordmark? I know the IOC doesn't want them using their association word mark for the Olympics, which is really frigging stupid. But a simple block USA rather than the same wordmark being used for USA Track and every other nike team would be so much better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My only question is why did they go with that wordmark? I know the IOC doesn't want them using their association word mark for the Olympics, which is really frigging stupid. But a simple block USA rather than the same wordmark being used for USA Track and every other nike team would be so much better.

I think it's to have a standard team look. Every nation competing has that I think. I remember when the different US teams had different suppliers in almost every sport. It's cool but at the same time a terrible idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure if this was mentioned or where to post... but i think this is a really cool promotion by burger king:

Burger King® And USA Basketball Team Up And Score A New National Promotion

BurgerKing-USABCups_300x400.jpg

I don't remember for sure but I think only the Women's team wore red in '96 ... but I guess Burger King wanted to switch up the colors so they weren't all white or navy.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Wasn't sure if this was mentioned or where to post... but i think this is a really cool promotion by burger king:

Burger King® And USA Basketball Team Up And Score A New National Promotion

BurgerKing-USABCups_300x400.jpg

I don't remember for sure but I think only the Women's team wore red in '96 ... but I guess Burger King wanted to switch up the colors so they weren't all white or navy.

Yeah, 96 team never wore red. 04 team had red though, could have done with that if they didn't suck

I actually have been going to all my local BKs and none of them have the 92 cup. No idea how I can get the 92 one

Go A's!

I would love to see them wear the red jerseys sometime during the Olympics this year.

team-usa-womens-mens-uniform.jpg

I'm pretty sure the red uniforms are not a mens alternate and are the Womens team's colored uniform

Oh, well I would still love to see the men break it out for at least one game this year.

I've never liked how international rules demand you have to have a certain set of numbers. It's damned stupid. When Michael Jordan was on the Dream Team, he should have been able to wear No. 23, just to use an example.

Man I wish more countries would develop major basketball stars. Hockey is either a national sport, or a major sport in multiple countries. Not a lot of people even paying attention to basketball (outside the US) this Olympics, mainly because everyone knows who will win.

They should defiantly be using the throwback rather then the fill tool generic templates jersey they are wearing right now against Lithuania whith the same uniform in green and white, kw11333 agreed were getting more coverage of the American games then the Australian men's games, but at least we are getting a fair bit of the women's since they have a chance at gold

Archived