2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People really need to stop calling them "wolf gray".

They're gray. The team only uses that one shade of gray. We don't need to qualify the color.

And that all gray will most certainly look terrible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

People really need to stop calling them "wolf gray".

They're gray. The team only uses that one shade of gray. We don't need to qualify the color.

And that all gray will most certainly look terrible.

Agreed. It's gray. Looks like every other non-metallic gray.

If Nike pays you to say "Wolf Gray" great... otherwise it makes me cringe every time I read it.

I doubt that Seattle will be wearing that all-gray look in Toronto on Sunday. I think Anna is going by wishful thinking.

For the best contrast Seattle should wear their blue pants with either their white or gray jerseys opposite the Bills royal blue jerseys and white pants this Sunday IMO, but we shall see.

If the team I proudly support calls it wolf grey, then so do I. Get over it.

Happy 12-12-12th Man Day everyone!!

That's fine, but it sounds stupid.

I can't wait to watch the Seattle Seawolves in Toronto this weekend.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honestly, it's no different than referring the classic Eagles' color as kelly green. Green is green, right?

Not at all, and it's completely different. Kelly green is an actual shade of green which distinguishes the color. Same with navy blue, vegas gold, etc. Wolf gray is meaningless. It doesn't refer to a particular shade. It is just a "kewl" sounding name Nike came up for the color so the Seahawks could feel fiercer. Same with Nike calling Oregon's stuff anthracite.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Honestly, it's no different than referring the classic Eagles' color as kelly green. Green is green, right?

Not at all, and it's completely different. Kelly green is an actual shade of green which distinguishes the color. Same with navy blue, vegas gold, etc. Wolf gray is meaningless. It doesn't refer to a particular shade. It is just a "kewl" sounding name Nike came up for the color so the Seahawks could feel fiercer. Same with Nike calling Oregon's stuff anthracite.

Sorry, Debbie Downer, but you are wrong. Wolf grey/gray is an actual shade of grey/gray that "distinguishes the color".

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/wolfgray

http://www.housebeau...f-gray#slide-26

Exactly. I can look at the Eagles old kelly green and their new midnight green and see a noticable difference. Its like red vs. cardinal. Show me how Seattle's "wolf" gray is different from the Giants matte gray, the Lions matte gray... noticably different from any other dull light gray Nike NFL pants, and I'll call it that. Until then... its just gray.

Unless maybe they all wear wolf gray. Hey, can't wait to see the Giants, Lions, Patriots, and Panthers break out those wolf gray pants!

Exactly. I can look at the Eagles old kelly green and their new midnight green and see a noticable difference. Its like red vs. cardinal. Show me how Seattle's "wolf" gray is different from the Giants matte gray, the Lions matte gray... noticably different from any other dull light gray Nike NFL pants, and I'll call it that. Until then... its just gray.

Unless maybe they all wear wolf gray. Hey, can't wait to see the Giants, Lions, Patriots, and Panthers break out those wolf gray pants!

I just proved it in #534. :D

There goes TheOldRoman Nike bashing again. We get it, you hate Nike. Don't shove it down our throats. It's quite annoying actually. Calling it Wolf Grey is, yeah, kind of dumb, but hey, if that's what the official name of the color is, even if it's made up, so be it.

Anywho, I actually wish the Seahawks would wear the Wolf Grey jersey for every road game, especially with the blue pants, but I don't mind the wolf greys.

Nothing's definitive until we get CwX in here with colour swatches.

There goes TheOldRoman Nike bashing again. We get it, you hate Nike. Don't shove it down our throats. It's quite annoying actually.

Annoying to you perhaps. I think he's right on the money.

Sorry, Debbie Downer, but you are wrong. Wolf grey/gray is an actual shade of grey/gray that "distinguishes the color".

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/wolfgray

http://www.housebeau...f-gray#slide-26

Let's not let facts get in the way of the daily anti-Nike airing of grievances.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Nothing's definitive until we get CwX in here with colour swatches.

No disrespect, but Benjamin Moore is the real deal. They have wolf gray as an actual distinguished shade of gray. That closes the argument, period.

Archived