2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing about the Bears throwbacks that is superior to their normal home uniforms. Those have more than outstayed their welcome.

The worst part about them is that they INSIST on wearing them against the Packers for whatever reason.

330zl3b.png

For some reason, the Rams' endzones simply have "St. Louis" in plain white letters rather than the usual official wordmark. Is this a leaguewide thing? Any other teams doing this?

Also they are outlined in blue. Blue and white.

Getting people ready for what I hope is a return of the Deacon Jones throwbacks?

Go A's!

For some reason, the Rams' endzones simply have "St. Louis" in plain white letters rather than the usual official wordmark. Is this a leaguewide thing? Any other teams doing this?

Getting people ready for what I hope is a return of the Deacon Jones throwbacks?

Huh? No. The lettering is basic, not throwback, and shows no association with any previous era. It's just basic Impact-esque lettering.

Those '65-'71 throwbacks you're referring to should only be brought back IF they were to move back to Los Angeles ... IMO

The Bills will be wearing the Bills Toronto Series patch on their jerseys

No Toronto patches on the jerseys today Jeff, that's a first, good!! I'm sick of the NFL's overuse of patches, ribbons, pink in October, etc etc...

Those solid gray uniforms on the Seahawks look quite nice.

I am digging the Wolf Grey alternate uniform by the Seahawks today! I thought I would hate them, but they look really good on the field thanks to the green trim on the numbers.

Their shoes really add to the uniform as well. Looks amazing.

I agree.

spacer.png

Huh? No. The lettering is basic, not throwback, and shows no association with any previous era. It's just basic Impact-esque lettering.

It's got to be for a bowl game they are having there in the next few days. Instead of repainting the endzones for that game, they will just leave the "St. Louis" script. Either that, or they had a game in the last few days and didn't have time to repaint the field.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Thoughts from today:

The Giants really need to switch back to the Tiki Barber era uniforms. They were so much better.

The Falcons uniforms are so tired. I really want to see a change. The wing-design on the primary logo would stick on a sleeve perfectly. I'm only saying this now because I've heard a few fans at the games chatter about us getting new uniforms in the next two years. New stadium coming in five years might play into a slight change as well.

Washington vs. Cleveland was beautiful, but I agree the Redskins need to make the stripes match up.

Rams piss me off. Every week.

Bears looked awful.

I'm also disappointed the Panthers aren't using those black pants more.

Archived