2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans @ Packers *

9JIRi.jpg

I don't get to see the Titans too often, but those weird tapered half stripes really bug me. I think a Vols-style thick center stripe (perhaps with some navy blue trim on the sides) would look much better with the rest of the uniform.

I don't get to see the Titans too often, but those weird tapered half stripes really much up what would otherwise be a very nice look. I really think a Vols-style thick center stripe (perhaps with some navy blue trim on the sides) would look much better with the rest of the uniform.

I think so, as well. The Titans' set isn't terrible,* but there are several things keeping them from looking outstanding. The incongrouous tapered helmet stripes are one of those things, as are the lack of red and the current dated, computerish number font. I'd replace their number font with a font more reminiscent of the 1960s Oilers:

91220766_crop_650x440.jpg?1313040876

In addition to that, I'd also use more red--perhaps make it the secondary color once again, or just use it as trim. A color scheme like an updated Houston Oilers would stand out more than the dual blue the Titans wear.^ Heck, using light blue helmets would be a good move, as well.

*But their otherwise-unchanged set would look much better if they wore white pants with their home light blues.

^Though in its defense, the Titans' dual blue is surprisingly unique to the modern NFL. Only San Diego comes close, but even they don't use light blue and dark blue as much as Tennessee.

The Titans' set isn't terrible

No, they are pretty terrible.

They need to put a stick of dynamite to their entire set and start over.

Plus, sticking with just the two combos all year long is a joke. Especially when the one dark color combo they insist on wearing all year long, is BY FAR their worst look.

If I were 109 year old Bud Adams and I owned the Oil errr I mean Titans and I was in charge of a redesign, I would stick with navy blue and baby blue as my main two colors. I'd incorporate a little more red into the uniform as a trim color (red is in the logo, you know).

Scrap the boring white helmet and go with a baby blue helmet. White facemask. Brand new logo. No stripe on the helmet.

Baby blue jersey's with white number trimmed in navy and red. Either white or baby blue pants. White pants with a baby blue stripe outlined in navy and red. Baby blue pants with white stripe outlined in navy and red.

White jersey's with baby blue number trimmed in navy and red.

Navy blue alternate jersey with white number trimmed in baby blue and red.

Baby blue and navy socks used with the different combos.

That would be unique. That would harken back to the old Oiler days. That would celebrate the Titans legacy as well in Nashville.

The Titans' set isn't terrible

No, they are pretty terrible.

They need to put a stick of dynamite to their entire set and start over.

100% agreed. Not only is their set a absolute wreck with their 20 different styles of stripes, that logo is just bad. I was over the "flaming thumbtack" the moment it debuted.

6uXNWAo.png

Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread, but the Ravens black look today is close to their best. Just needs the purple pants instead of going full monochrome.

As long as the Ravens have this piece of excrement on their domes, they can forget about making most people's "best dressed" list.

baltimore_ravens_logo_nfl1.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

The Titans have been a horific nightmare ever since they switched to the light blue as primary. My choice would be to blow it up also, but if they are set on keeping the current look somewhat intact for continuities sake, here's the minimum changes needed;

Go back to navy over white as a primary home combo.

Fix the formerly tendy, now tired helmet stripe, preferably to match the pants stripe (if they have to shrink the logo, then do it).

Add some light blue socks to wear with the navy pants.

IMO, this would take them from bottom 5 to middle of the pack.

I hope this is what we get for Packers vs. Vikings

adrian-peterson-september-1-1.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Titans have been a horific nightmare ever since they switched to the light blue as primary. My choice would be to blow it up also, but if they are set on keeping the current look somewhat intact for continuities sake, here's the minimum changes needed;

Go back to navy over white as a primary home combo.

Fix the formerly tendy, now tired helmet stripe, preferably to match the pants stripe (if they have to shrink the logo, then do it).

Add some light blue socks to wear with the navy pants.

IMO, this would take them from bottom 5 to middle of the pack.

No, if they're not gonna redesign at all, then just start wearing the white pants with the Columbia blue jersey. That's all they need to do to make this set tolerable. The navy pants don't look good with any of the 3 jerseys and should never be worn at all.

Archived