2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redskins are seriously going to wear those throwbacks in a game of this importance? Seems like a weird decision.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw that. You'd think they'd be considering the regular whites instead of the regular homes, but these? I don't know.

The Redskins are seriously going to wear those throwbacks in a game of this importance? Seems like a weird decision.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw that. You'd think they'd be considering the regular whites instead of the regular homes, but these? I don't know.

All 32 NFL clubs had to disclose to the League whether they'll be wearing white or colored jerseys for each of their 8 home games last summer before the season started, . If the Redskins at that time opted to wear their colored jerseys for Week 17 it can only be switched later on if both clubs and the NFL agree to it, and there's no way I'd foresee Dallas willingly opting to switch to their navy jerseys at this late time if requested to by the Redskins.

If Washington had in fact disclosed before the season that they'd be wearing colored jerseys for this game, then the Redskins only choices would be to wear their regular burgundy jerseys OR their 1937 throwbacks. They wouldn't be able to wear white like they did on Thanksgiving Day and force Dallas into either of their navy jerseys sets, whether the regular or in their '60-'63 faux throwbacks.

Once the playoffs start then each home team is entitled to choose in the days leading up to the game, but the regular season jersey choices have long been set in stone.

I too would be surprised if Washington elected to wear their 1937 throwbacks this Sunday which they are entitled to do if they so choose since they've only worn them once this season.

0ap2000000089669_gallery_600.jpg

I guarantee you the Jets will be in green pants. Once they start wearing em towards the end of the year, they continue that.

Wrong.............Nice guarantee though...................

Well if you look at last season that is exactly what they did and it looked like they were going to again this year. It was surprising.

All-blue vs. Bengals with black pants. Not good.

This is a hideous matchup. The Texans shouldn't utilize this look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hate navy monochrome. In fact I hate all monochrome. I really wish Seattle went with the white or gray pants at home.

Oops ... I mean 'wolf' gray .... I don't get why Seattle doesn't have any of their green on their white or wolf gray pants either, seems unbalanced.

What's even worse is when the team in colored pants wear the same color socks at the very top of them . White socks with some kind of stripes in the center works best with colored pants. NE, CHI, KC, NYJ do their socks the right way when wearing their colored pants.

Houston with their navy pants should at least be in red or white socks IMO. With helmet and all, that's a whole lot of navy.

All four of these Wild Card uniform match-ups get a grade of F.

The cherry on top of this shyt sundae would be if Seattle busted out their dreaded Wolf's Gray jerseys vs. the 'Skins.

6uXNWAo.png

I can almost guarantee that the Ravens will be in purple jerseys and black pants tomorrow.

And I'd guess that the Seahawks will be in all white.

Also looking towards next week, my guess is the Texans go all white in New England. Another educated guess (that is probably right).

I hate navy monochrome. In fact I hate all monochrome. I really wish Seattle went with the white or gray pants at home.

Oops ... I mean 'wolf' gray .... I don't get why Seattle doesn't have any of their green on their white or wolf gray pants either, seems unbalanced.

What's even worse is when the team in colored pants wear the same color socks at the very top of them . White socks with some kind of stripes in the center works best with colored pants. NE, CHI, KC, NYJ do their socks the right way when wearing their colored pants.

Houston with their navy pants should at least be in red or white socks IMO. With helmet and all, that's a whole lot of navy.

Seattles blue pants with green stripe is DESIGNED by Nike to go with the blue jerseys. The blue jerseys have the bright green spot on the shoulders to help balance with the green striped blue pants. Notice that the grey and white pants have NO green on them. Also the white and grey jerseys do not have the bright green spot on the shoulders either. I agree, I absolutely hate the all blue monochorome look. They look much better with grey pants with blue jerseys. Why not put the green spots on the shoulders of the grey and white jerseys and add the green stripe to the grey and white pants ???????

I can almost guarantee that the Ravens will be in purple jerseys and black pants tomorrow.

And I'd guess that the Seahawks will be in all white.

Also looking towards next week, my guess is the Texans go all white in New England. Another educated guess (that is probably right).

I dunno Dennis, there's been alot of guarantees around here lately that haven't come to pass. I myself like Baltimore better with the white pants when they wear their purple jerseys, but to each their own.

I could also see Seattle wearing the all wolf-gray, if not then their white with either navy or wolf gray pants. Will be surprised if they went all-white.

They were 3-5 on the road, and scored 50 in Toronto wearing the solid wolf-gray, so that combo would be my # 1 guess for the game at the Redskins on Sunday...

Archived