2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

Yep. The wolf grey looks great. Really brings out the green accents.

tempRM4_7934--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

So the Seahawks helmets have bugged me all year, but I couldn't put my finger on why... until now. I admit I was the rare fan of their past monochrome set, so I thought perhaps I was just hung up on seeing that helmet with their more traditional previous set. BUT... could it be that the wolf gray does not appear on the helmet? I mean, sure there's gray there, but it sure doesn't look like the same wolf gray shade that is on the jerseys, and maybe that's true of the other unis with wolf gray trim.

Or is it just the lighting/materials playing tricks on me?

It's because Wolf Gray in helmet decals appears lighter than they wanted so they ultimately decided on Pigeon Gray for the helmet decal. That was after ruling out Tabby Cat gray, Rat Gray, Dolphin Gray, Shark Gray, Koala Bear gray, Elephant Gray, and Jim Gray, but they still didn't get it quite right. These things are so hard to match across applications especially when using a color as unique and uncommon as WOLF gray.

McCarthy, This is pretty damn funny!

spacer.png

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting fact, the specified Robison-Anton embroidery thread listed in the style guide for the Seahawks is called Dolphin Grey, so I guess it just depends on who your buying supplies from :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's because Wolf Gray in helmet decals appears lighter than they wanted so they ultimately decided on Pigeon Gray for the helmet decal. That was after ruling out Tabby Cat gray, Rat Gray, Dolphin Gray, Shark Gray, Koala Bear gray, Elephant Gray, and Jim Gray, but they still didn't get it quite right. These things are so hard to match across applications especially when using a color as unique and uncommon as WOLF gray.

ROFLMAO.gif

Yep. The wolf grey looks great. Really brings out the green accents.

tempRM4_7934--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

So the Seahawks helmets have bugged me all year, but I couldn't put my finger on why... until now. I admit I was the rare fan of their past monochrome set, so I thought perhaps I was just hung up on seeing that helmet with their more traditional previous set. BUT... could it be that the wolf gray does not appear on the helmet? I mean, sure there's gray there, but it sure doesn't look like the same wolf gray shade that is on the jerseys, and maybe that's true of the other unis with wolf gray trim.

Or is it just the lighting/materials playing tricks on me?

To me the grey on the logo appears darker than on the jerseys and pants. The same effect could be seen on the old seahawk blue helmets and the seahawk blue on the old logo which was a lighter shade of seahawk blue that was on the helmet and jerseys . Unrelated question, will we see the Seahawks wear grey pants with blue jerseys at home this year, I'm betting not. Hated the blue monochrome blue look, what ever the shade, since 2002............................

The reason is that NFL rules permit teams to wear alternate uniforms just twice a year, and not during the playoffs.

Didn't the Chargers wear their powder blue in a playoff game against the Colts?

The Ravens have worn black jerseys twice a year in each of the last four seasons.

They didn't in 2008 and 2009.

The reason is that NFL rules permit teams to wear alternate uniforms just twice a year, and not during the playoffs.

Didn't the Chargers wear their powder blue in a playoff game against the Colts?

They got a special exemption when they asked if they could wear the powder blue

Was that one of the two times or was it a third?

Would like to see the texans bust out the battle red!

Talked to someone in the Carolina front office about their uniforms. The black pants are viewed as something to be used one game a year; though I expect them to wear them this weekend because back when they wore them the inaugural time the equipment manager Jackie Miles said that "he was condfident we would see them one more time this year" and sunday is the final home game. However there are no plans to wear them full time at home (and replace the silver pants) and the team plans to see how they look with the blue jerseys next season.

However there are no plans to wear them full time at home (and replace the silver pants) and the team plans to see how they look with the blue jerseys next season.

When you wear white (for some inane reason) at home for over half of your home schedule (twice in the preseason and 3-4 more times in the regular season), I am not sure you can say Carolina wears silver pants "full-time" at home.

What Carolina needs to do is s-can the white jersey's/white pants look and start wearing either black or grey pants with the white jersey's. its a tired look and rather soft as well (when paired with a silver helmet). Wear the white pants only with the Electric Blue jersey's.

And wear either black or electric blue for all home games in the regular season. You play in Charlotte. Not the Mojave Desert. Your players will survive in September without being in the "cooler" to the human body (which is bogus nowadays anyway) whites.

Archived